Page 601 of 875 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Eh, I'm honestly not sure ANAD Marvel's overall lackluster sales are that much of a Complex issue. The Inhumans' failed launch for sure, but everything else? I dunno. Plenty of books having nothing to do with the mutant/inhuman drama are pulling so-so numbers, too. Secret Wars, the soft reboot/botched relaunch are most likely the main culprits, here.
    indeed, even amongst the dramatic hits that marvel and dc have taken over the past few months, x-men still remains near the top.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    indeed, even amongst the dramatic hits that marvel and dc have taken over the past few months, x-men still remains near the top.
    Kinda funny how pulling numbers reminiscent of AXM/CaXF/UXF v2 is considered to be a win these days. I suppose that's what you get for putting an entire universe on hold and releasing so-so minis that no one asked for. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly. And I don't think that Marvel putting out X-men merchandise (or not putting it out) is really impacting FOX's films one way or the other. Hence the pettiness and outright shortsightedness of Marvel's leadership right now. They could be making some decent money off of the franchise instead of burying it because of some executive butthurt over the film rights. Like I said, there's plenty of box office dollars to go around. The past few years have proven that. The new Star Wars films won't hurt Marvel's films (and, yes, I know both are owned by Disney), nor will the launch of the DCU with Batman vs Superman. In my view there will be a multiplier effect and all of these comic book movies, as long as they are decent, will do very well. The ones who will be hurt are the smaller independent films and the mid-sized releases from big studios. The CBMs will crowd everything else out. But will not cannibalize each other.

And, if nothing else, Marvel should at least use some X-characters in the cartoons. Hell, they've made some of them Avengers in the comics (Deadpool, Rogue and now Cable), so if that's the only way we get to see them then so be it. Put them in the Avengers cartoon as guest stars or part of some satellite Avengers group. We have seen Wolverine in the Spider-man cartoon, so why not other mutants interacting with the Avengers? They are far more interesting than some of the crap characters being featured and pushed by Marvel right now.

The good news is that it seems like some of this sentiment over at Marvel might be thawing in light of Kevin Feige successfully wresting the film division away from Ike Perlmutter. Hopefully Feige is moving towards an original, Kirby-inspired Inhumans film and away from the NuHumans (wannabe mutants) trash that Ike has been pushing in comics and on the small screen. Since that happened we have seen a few more X-characters showing up in games like Contest of Champions and the announcement of an X-men inspired line of Marvel Legends toys. So fingers crossed that things are getting better over there and cooler, smarter heads are prevailing...
    Contest of Champions was released before the X-Men video game ban (it was the cut-off point for future games), so nothing has changed on the video game side of things.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    Not wanting to help the Fox films is not silly. They are a direct competitor to their own films not just Marvel films but Disney films in general.
    I wouldn't even call the X-Men films competition for the MCU. It's not like some kids said "Well, I went to see Days of Future Past so I don't want to see Age of Ultron.". As long as they aren't out in the same month, which they probably won't be...

Personally I'm not buying anything but X-titles (and Uncanny Avengers which is half X-characters) in an attempt to show them my displeasure with how they're treating the franchise.
    Same here, other than buying Uncanny Avengers. I would like to read about Rogue, but I won't as long as she's not in an X-book...

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think some of you are looking at the merchandise issue from your prospective and not a broad one. No, the lack of toys in stores does not effect their movies now. But 10 years from now? Fifteen years? Twenty? Keeping the X-Men away from young eyes helps lessen their impact in the long run by controlling the amount of future nostalgia.

It won't stop people from seeing movies, especially of they continue to pump them out at the rate they are, but it will chip away at the rate of repeat viewers. They aren't worried about kids now, they are playing on those kids 10-15 years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if they start inserting X-Men characters into their Avengers cartoons, but not as allys but heels or characters to be pittied and rescued. Again, not going to do anything now, but continuously doing that for the next decade and half? What if 15 years from now a X-Men movie makes 500k, instead of a billion? It all just gives Disney the opportunity to bring Fox to the table with more power on their side.
    Talk about biting your nose off to spite your face...so the plan is let's kill a once popular franchise that we still own in every right except for live action films and that way 10-15 years from now the kids will have grown up not liking it at all? So then what happens if/when Marvel finally gets the rights back? They've spent the past couple of decades destroying the franchise and now they have it back. LOL. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it just underscores how unbelievably stupid the execs are over there if you're actually right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Same here, other than buying Uncanny Avengers. I would like to read about Rogue, but I won't as long as she's not in an X-book...
    I'm weak. Forgive me, but once they put Cable and Deadpool together in that book I caved.

uncanny avenger is good. it's basically a covert x-men book + brother voodoo. plus they troll the inhumans pretty much every issue. the second they stop those things, i'm dropping it like a bad habit.

uncanny avenger is good. it's basically a covert x-men book + brother voodoo. plus they troll the inhumans pretty much every issue. the second they stop those things, i'm dropping it like a bad habit.
    Seriously. It is really worth checking out. It's like it goes out of its way not to repeat Remender's mistakes.

BANNED

Talk about biting your nose off to spite your face...so the plan is let's kill a once popular franchise that we still own in every right except for live action films and that way 10-15 years from now the kids will have grown up not liking it at all? So then what happens if/when Marvel finally gets the rights back? They've spent the past couple of decades destroying the franchise and now they have it back. LOL. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it just underscores how unbelievably stupid the execs are over there if you're actually right.

I'm weak. Forgive me, but once they put Cable and Deadpool together in that book I caved.
    Nah, the major characters have decades of development. There are plenty of proven and popular characters, and the central theme and stable of villains is all as solid as anything in Western superhero comics. You can't ruin that, you can either suppress it or stop publishing it but it's still there.

Also had zero intention of buying UAvengers, but saw the Cable cover and said "F##k it."

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Seriously. It is really worth checking out. It's like it goes out of its way not to repeat Remender's mistakes.
    I agree. Right now it's better than any of the X-books IMO.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No, it's a filthy Avenger book and I cannot forgive what the first volume did to Rogue or how Scarlet Witch was absolved of genocide yet again.

That name, Uncanny Avengers, is tainted.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Shame that this thread is still relevant.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, it's a filthy Avenger book and I cannot forgive what the first volume did to Rogue or how Scarlet Witch was absolved of genocide yet again.

That name, Uncanny Avengers, is tainted.
    I disagree, but that's okay. Rogue was awesome in that and shanked Wanda with some borrowed bone claws from Wolverine. She was badass. That act immediately catapulted her to being one of my favorite X-men, despite the fact that it was undone later by time travel or whatever. The act itself was still awesome, as was the panel drawn by Steve McNiven.

And I thought it was the Children's Crusade mini series that actually absolved Wanda of genocide by saying that Doom was really responsible?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I don't think kids or adults will ever "not like" the X-Men, but there a difference between "liking" and "bat-@#@$ crazy fanatical love", as we do. I think Marvel is trying to avoid the later. The X-Men will always have some sort of appeal, but that appeal can be tempered.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    None of which says they're deliberately trying to sabotage the brand, either. All he's saying is that they're putting the bulk of the focus where they make the most money.

I'm predicting a very short life for this thread.
    I don't know.