Page 800 of 875 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810850 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

“LEGO Marvel 2” spotted on voice actor strike document

I am waiting on Marvel LEGO's 2 and if it allows mutants as a canary in the coal mine sort to speak on if things are starting to loosen things up in the gaming department. So far its not LEGO Marvel Avengers 2 its just LEGO's Marvel 2. We will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh right. I didn't read Axis at all. I hate Remender's Wanda and his run in general.
    Between the poor writing and the corporate retcons you are better off not reading it.

I actually think PAD earlier that year was having fun having Wanda and Lorna play out the continuing online fan divide on M-Day. Fan wars and corporate conflicts all playing out in the comics in 2014.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-29-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Eight-hundred pages, Complexers!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The twins will go back to being mutants and yes Magneto's children as well I believe, if that happens in a year or ten I don't know, but the rational for IP protection will be gone once Marvel and Fox agree on how each are going to use Magneto's former family going forward as in Fox won't use Wanda on the TV show or films unless agreed to and they are at least talking now.

As for Wanda the Avengers office used her to lay low the x-line for years and years not the x-office. Some online x-fans have been unnecessarily vindictive against the character, but the whole thing was made worse by the handling fixing the problem. I mean even I was offended at Remender's Doom masterminded Decimation implication in Axis and I sympathize with the character a heck lot more then most x-fans.
    God did I hate that! Marvel likes to destroy their heroes by having them do awful stuff (Bishop in his quest to kill Hope committed genocide, Tony was a dick during CW and Wanda decimated mutant population) but they are TERRIBLE when they need to build those characters back up and do a redemption arc! Their go to way to deal with it is to give the character in question a convenient amnesia so that they DON'T have to deal with their actions and can thus have plausible deniability but what's even more baffling is that somehow wiping the memories of the person who did terrible things they also manage to make everyone else forget about it too like it never happened! They've done this with both Stark AND Bishop! With Wanda they opted for just retconning it to be some other vague entity or Dr. Doom or something and then ignore the whole thing and have Wanda act like a bitch about it.

As someone who enjoys the character I wish they'd instead done a complete redemption arc by having her acknowledge what she did and try her best to fix it and make up for it instead of just ignoring it. I think it would have been best if she chose to join X-Men to help them help mutantkind and eventually earned her redemption. It could have worked well if they had had some X-Men being more forgiving to Wanda and others hating her (at least at first). It could have caused some logical and understandable friction within the team. But eventually they could have done a story where she finally earned the trust and forgiveness of all the X-Men and would have finally been able to forgive herself and move on. But obviously Marvel thought it was a better story to just handwave all her responsibility away by having it be some random cosmic force summoned by Dr. Doom. They could have at least said it was all done due to Chthon's manipulations since that would have had at least some presedence in continuity and wouldn't have felt SO out of left field.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 04-30-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh right. I didn't read Axis at all. I hate Remender's Wanda and his run in general.
    I wasn't a fan of his run either, but I did like the concepts he was playing with. It's just his execution was "what the #@%$?" to me. It's almost as if he got in over his head, or half way through Marvel pulled his freedom and wouldn't let him finish the story the way he intended to.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    it's just a conspiracy though

/s

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    it's just a conspiracy though
    There is no Fox/Marvel disagreement.

Silently watches kids with major event T-Shirts on with the mutants and F4 removed.

Uh?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I actually think PAD earlier that year was having fun having Wanda and Lorna play out the continuing online fan divide on M-Day. Fan wars and corporate conflicts all playing out in the comics in 2014.

It's because the consequences of M-Day are still being felt today throughout Earth-616-the-Sequel. Fans are gonna blame Wanda no matter how many ridiculous retcons they pile on ("It wasn't her fault!" copout, Hope-Phoenix allows new mutants post-AvX, etc.) if they never get a chance to heal, let it go, and see mutantkind set back on the path of eventually earning peaceful co-existence with humanity.

How does Marvel expect fans to let it go when there's still tens of millions of depowered mutants out there and, as a result, mutantkind is more vulnerable than ever to extinction?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Oh and Happy 800 Pages to the Complex!
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-30-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I wasn't a fan of his run either, but I did like the concepts he was playing with. It's just his execution was "what the #@%$?" to me. It's almost as if he got in over his head, or half way through Marvel pulled his freedom and wouldn't let him finish the story the way he intended to.
    I think his story got cut off at the knees due to it being about a month before secret wars. After his solid run on Uncanny X-Force as well as having read a lot of his indie stuff I just got the vibe that he was being limited in what he could tell in Axis. I mean let's face it, do we really think that he would have Apocalypse be so weak in that story if he had free reign?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I bet the X-Men characters will be DLC.
    According to various inside sources, we'll get the X-Men & Fantastic Four characters as MvCI DLC eventually.

The bad news is that one of said sources (SneakersSO on NeoGAF) heard that there won't be any X-Men/F4 characters in either the initial roster or the 2017 Character Pass. Our best bet is for the 2018 Character Pass to include the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, & Doctor Doom. While it sucks that we'll have to wait, it's better than not getting them at all. And considering that the roster was likely solidified 2 years ago (when The Complex was in full effect), it's understandable that any work that Capcom did to convince Marvel to include the Fox characters didn't go through until recently.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Hello fellow Complexers,

newbie poster here and firm believer that the Complex is real and that Marvel has been intentionally downplaying the X-Men in both publishing and licensing due to the movie rights sitting with Fox. And while things seem to be looking up a bit on the publishing side, as well as merchandising, I don't think the Complex will truly be over until we get something like a new X-Men animated series. Which of course seems very unlikely. But in a world where Marvel and Fox get along better (which seems to be the world we're living in, what with the collaboration on Legion), what if Marvel licensed the animation rights to Fox like they did in the 90s, if they don't wanna make a cartoon themselves? I'm sure Marvel would love to make money with X-Men licensing again, it all depends on how big their mad-on with Fox still is...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Hello fellow Complexers,

newbie poster here and firm believer that the Complex is real and that Marvel has been intentionally downplaying the X-Men in both publishing and licensing due to the movie rights sitting with Fox. And while things seem to be looking up a bit on the publishing side, as well as merchandising, I don't think the Complex will truly be over until we get something like a new X-Men animated series. Which of course seems very unlikely. But in a world where Marvel and Fox get along better (which seems to be the world we're living in, what with the collaboration on Legion), what if Marvel licensed the animation rights to Fox like they did in the 90s, if they don't wanna make a cartoon themselves? I'm sure Marvel would love to make money with X-Men licensing again, it all depends on how big their mad-on with Fox still is...
    almost impossible because Fox tries to make X-men not for children. XCU don't need animated series because young people don't watch x-men movies.
    Fox tried to make Marvel mad for long

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I also believe the M-word controversy affected him a lot.

And the toxicity of Wanda as a character is pretty much all his fault because of her characterization on UA. It was awful!

Incredible Member

The X-men lost their throne on the MU to the Avengers like the Targaryen to the Lannister xD

And by the way, the one who pretty much started the Complex was...Chris Claremont with his declarations whe he was writing his Nightcrawler series, right?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    The X-men lost their throne on the MU to the Avengers like the Targaryen to the Lannister xD

And by the way, the one who pretty much started the Complex was...Chris Claremont with his declarations whe he was writing his Nightcrawler series, right?
    Complex began way before that. Oh you mean this thread? We could click page 1 and check the comments I guess.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Complex began way before that. Oh you mean this thread? We could click page 1 and check the comments I guess.
    Not the thread xD. And yeah the X-men started to be pushd aside in the 00s in favor of the avengers. So obviously this theory might have started pretty much around that time.

But Claremont, I believe, was the first who commented on this supposed "secret war" between Fox and Marvel, when he said he wasn't allowed to create new characters.