Page 812 of 875 FirstFirst ... 312712762802808809810811812813814815816822862 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It's working amazingly for Sony.. but Fox is nowhere near as desperate as Sony was. Sony's entire film branch is on the brink of collapse and Fox is still doing very good so a similar situation happening is slim to none

Fantastic Four coming back to Disney is MUCH more probable though. Especially since it's clear Fox has no idea what to do with them or how
    I agree. Sony was in a bind with Spider-Man. Their entire movie division was in a bind. They had a huge financial incentive to make a deal with Marvel and Disney. They needed money, resources, and legal flexibility. It made sense for them to work with someone else. That's what companies do when they're desperate. I think that's part of why Marvel/Disney is more willing to work with them. They know they have more leverage.

With Fox, I don't think that leverage exists. Fox is doing well for itself. Other than F4, it has turned plenty of profit from their X-men movies. Adding TV shows to the mix only sweetens the pot for them. They have no real incentive to work with Marvel/Disney. They also have more leverage, I think. Look at movies such as Logan and Deadpool. Those movies cost a fraction of what Marvel/Disney spent to make their big MCU movies and they still turned plenty of profit. There's just now way Marvel Studios ever would've made a movie like Deadpool. What they're doing is just so incompatible with the MCU at the moment that it's hard to imagine any deal ever happening.

I think that total discrepancy is what drives the divide between the two companies. I think that divide has been bridged, somewhat. What ever animosity was going on behind the scenes has been tempered. We're seeing that with Marvel's willingness to work with Fox on TV shows. But they have a long way to go before they ever work together on a movie.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the F4. Fox lost a lot of money on the last movie. At this point, holding onto the rights might just be too expensive and risky. If Marvel and Fox can make a deal with that, then maybe that sets the stage for more deals down the line.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

So the Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 trailer was uploaded early.

Like with the other recent Marvel games, no X-Men or Fantastic Four characters. Hopefully it's like the rumored situation with MvCI where they'll be DLC later (if they aren't in the base roster).
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    So the Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 trailer was uploaded early.

Like with the other recent Marvel games, no X-Men or Fantastic Four characters. Hopefully it's like the rumored situation with MvCI where they'll be DLC later (if they aren't in the base roster).
    Gat DAMMIT! Marvel you guys suck if this is still the current status quo >:C

Why won't you license the X-Men with these games? THANK HEAVENS we have the mobile game Marvel Contest of Champions with the great Jim Lee era X-Men and company or I'd go nuts!

My whole team in Contest of Champions is X-characters. Got 4-star versions of Cable, Old Man Logan, Magneto, Phoenix, Magik and Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My whole team in Contest of Champions is X-characters. Got 4-star versions of Cable, Old Man Logan, Magneto, Phoenix, Magik and Beast.
    Don't forget about the Magneto + Storm crit bonus! It's awesome! I personally love my 4* duped Rogue and can't wait to rank her to 5.

The art and design of the characters is so great in this game. I'm hooked.

X-MEN ARE COMING TO FUTURE FIGHT!!!!!
    http://www.mobirum.com/article/detai...d=75&id=825106

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So the video game ban has finally been lifted.

This bodes well for the rumors of the X-Men in Avengers Academy & being DLC for MvCI.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Makes sense I suppose because Netmarble recently acquired Kabam's Contest of Champions game, which already had rights to use all the X-Men (awesome game btw and excellent use of the X-Men in it) so I'd assume the X-Men rights came with that package and Disney had to honor their original deal made with Kabam since there is still time left on that contract.

I somehow doubt DisMarvel re-licensed them from scratch to Netmarble.

Unfortunately I doubt this has anything to do with the CompleX for better or worse, it's just something that Netmarble acquired with MCOC and they already had Future Fight so they could probably use them now. I'd love to be wrong of course and find out DisMarvel did allow it recently.

(Marvel Contest of Champions was licensed before the CompleX really took off)
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 05-25-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Makes sense I suppose because Netmarble recently acquired Kabam's Contest of Champions game, which already had rights to use all the X-Men (awesome game btw and excellent use of the X-Men in it) so I'd assume the X-Men rights came with that package and Disney had to honor their original deal made with Kabam since there is still time left on that contract.

I somehow doubt DisMarvel re-licensed them from scratch to Netmarble.

Unfortunately I doubt this has anything to do with the CompleX for better or worse, it's just something that Netmarble acquired with MCOC and they already had Future Fight so they could probably use them now. I'd love to be wrong of course and find out DisMarvel did allow it recently.

(Marvel Contest of Champions was licensed before the CompleX really took off)
    The guy in charge of the games actually had teased this as soon as Ressurxion was announced, while the Kabam/Netmarble thing happened a couple of months later.
    https://twitter.com/billrosemann/sta...67016487165952

Also Avengers Academy started to tease the X-Men A LOT lately, mentions about metal/magnetism, another school, a mind-reading guy(something like that), and Wanda who's also part of the ban too with Wiccan's storyline talking about his mysterious mother with chaos magic powers. Plus the whole talk about MvC having them as DLCS(I don't think even that would happen with the ban still on).

I guess we have to wait and see, but for now I'm gonna be optimistic.

wait there is something concrete on the X-Men being DLC in MvC? That is the big one and a lot of the CompleX hinges on that game. Mobile games are one thing, but MvC will tell us what we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    wait there is something concrete on the X-Men being DLC in MvC? That is the big one and a lot of the CompleX hinges on that game. Mobile games are one thing, but MvC will tell us what we need to know.
    Not really lol. All I mentioned is speculation I guess, but again, people were calling others delusional yesterday for thinking X-Men on Future Fight would happen.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Mutants starting to be added to Marvel Future Fight is a GREAT first step towards undoing the CompleX on the video game front.

I do notice they're "treating them as hostile," but... humans do tend to do that in the Marvel Universe, so no big surprise. ;D

And it certainly would lend credence to the idea that X-Men characters may eventually be DLC in MvC & get added to other current/upcoming Marvel games where they currently aren't. I guess we'll see.

But certainly a positive development on the video game front.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Mutants starting to be added to Marvel Future Fight is a GREAT first step towards undoing the CompleX on the video game front.

I do notice they're "treating them as hostile," but... humans do tend to do that in the Marvel Universe, so no big surprise. ;D

And it certainly would lend credence to the idea that X-Men characters may eventually be DLC in MvC & get added to other current/upcoming Marvel games where they currently aren't. I guess we'll see.

But certainly a positive development on the video game front.
    I don't really read the plot of the game but pretty much all of the characters on it are also bosses on the story mode because something turned them evil. So that's probably why they're calling the X-Men "threats".

BANNED

I saw a kid with an X-Men shirt today. It felt like spotting Bigfoot...or like a leprechaun or something.

X-men Legos is what I am watching like a hawk to see if the reigns have really slackened on the X-Mwn.