Page 850 of 875 FirstFirst ... 350750800840846847848849850851852853854860 ... LastLast
Results 12,736 to 12,750 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    I loved how the article called it silent because marvel is too embarrassed and way too much of a coward to take on xmen openly since they know, xmen is the only one IP they have had that have outgrown marvel itself. the only IP they ave that can never be turn into disney superficial cash cow sheeps.
    Actually is because of the comic Silent War that stars the Inhumans and also because Marvel has always denied this whole thing about undermining the X-men in favor of their other ips they own all the rights to and was doing all the things mentioned above very quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Well it's good for the x franchise to finally have a panel after so long at the upcoming comiccon
    Yeah, really crazy that they didn't have a panel though.
    Last edited by Nunoni; 10-03-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    Actually is because of the comic Silent War that stars the Inhumans and also because Marvel has always denied this whole thing about undermining the X-men in favor of their other ips they own all the rights to and was doing all the things mentioned above very quietly.
    Have you payed attention/read the article?
    "I call it a silent war not as a shout out to the Inhumans story of the same name, but because all of this is treated as a conspiracy theory due to a continued lack of acknowledgement by Marvel."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Have you payed attention/read the article?
    "I call it a silent war not as a shout out to the Inhumans story of the same name, but because all of this is treated as a conspiracy theory due to a continued lack of acknowledgement by Marvel."
    exactly, And i think is is what infuriated many xmen fans as they have said here on x books and many in the media that had no choice but to speak out...its not that marvel is even doing this, its the LIE. The LIE they keep telling. I think that lie reached a breaking point this summer when capcom said, people dont know who the xmen are....that alone was enough to have now made the game flopped.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Interesting article. I mean it's not anything we didn't already know, but it's only good to get this particular corporate strategy from Marvel more exposure.

It's amazing how the Inhumans tv show debuted concurrently with The Gifted, and how both started their first episode with a girl being chased by government officials because she has powers. And then Inhumans proceeded to show a royal family forcing their own people into a ghetto and manual labour... like the article said, there's room for both the Inhumans and the X-Men but the first need to be what they are and do their own thing, because they couldn't be further from what makes the X-Men so interesting and relatable.

Inhumans are never going to work. If they were the only superheroes in town, then the entire superhero genre would have been a flop.

Marvel would have had better luck by starting from scratch with a whole new mutant replacement franchise called Next-Men or something instead of trying to drag this clunker even an inch into the realm of popularity.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    2016-2017: The Inhumans line is larger than ever, boasting a rotating lineup of team books (Uncanny Inhumans, All-New Inhumans, Secret Warriors), team-up series (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur), and solo series (Ms. Marvel, Karnak, Black Bolt)
    This is disingenuous. For starters, it lists books that don't overlap (All-New Inhumans and Secret Warriors, Karnak and Black Bolt). Second, it ignores that the X-line was enlarged while the Inhuman line was expanded by one miniseries:

Inhuman books: ANAD: Uncanny Inhumans, All-New Inhumans, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Ms. Marvel, Karnak or (5)
    ResurrXion: Royals, Secret Warriors, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Ms. Marvel, Karnak, and Inhumans: Once and Future Kings (6)

X-books: ANAD: Extraordinary X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, are we counting Deadpool? or (5+)
    ResurrXion: X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue, Astonishing X-Men, Generation X, Weapon X, All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Cable, Jean Grey, Iceman (10)
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This is disingenuous. For starters, it lists books that don't overlap (All-New Inhumans and Secret Warriors, Karnak and Black Bolt). Second, it ignores that the X-line was enlarged while the Inhuman line was expanded by one miniseries:

Inhuman books: ANAD: Uncanny Inhumans, All-New Inhumans, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Ms. Marvel, Karnak or (5)
    ResurrXion: Royals, Secret Warriors, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Ms. Marvel, Karnak, and Inhumans: Once and Future Kings (6)

X-books: ANAD: Extraordinary X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, are we counting Deadpool? or (5+)
    ResurrXion: X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue, Astonishing X-Men, Generation X, Weapon X, All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Cable, Jean Grey, Iceman (10)
    The X-Books have the sales to support that number (or well, now after years of mediocre writing, the sales in respect to the rest of Marvel).

The Inhumans flagship is always tethering on the brink of death, do they need to have so many solos/spin-off (Kamala being an exception as her title is an "Inhumans title" in technicality only)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Well it's good for the x franchise to finally have a panel after so long at the upcoming comiccon
    There have been X-Men panels at every major con ever since Resurxion was announced.

Great article, although it basically says everything this thread has been saying for a while now so it didn't exactly break new ground. I would caution X-men fans, though, to resist the urge to be smug about the Inhumans' struggles on TV. Granted, the critical reception and ratings speak for themselves, especially when compared to The Gifted, but that's exactly why it's important to maintain perspective. X-men fans had no reason to despise the Inhumans until very recently. Now, we're at a point where it's hard to be an X-men fan without despising the Inhumans on some level. I think that needs to change for the benefit of both franchises.

At the moment, though, the success of The Gifted and the X-men comics, as a whole, should send a powerful message to Marvel. Despite all their pushes to make the Inhumans more popular, the X-men maintain their appeal. And that's nothing short of uncanny.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    At the moment, though, the success of The Gifted and the X-men comics, as a whole, should send a powerful message to Marvel. Despite all their pushes to make the Inhumans more popular, the X-men maintain their appeal. And that's nothing short of uncanny.
    Just smile and wave

Guys have y'all noticed that Marvel Puzzle Quest is very X-Men heavy of late?

https://d3go.com/games/marvelpuzzlequest/

Their loading screens are full of beautiful arts of Storm, X-symbols and such with a spotlight on Rogue and Gambit lately.

Granted, it's still only mobile gaming (with an exception, it is on steam for PC). But does anyone know when D3Go licensed them? That would be telling because existing licensing for other X-Men-centric mobile games such as Contest and FF was purchased before the CompleX-freeze was put in place I guess in 2015 sometime. Also (NetMarble's) Future Fight got the licensing through their purchase of (Kabam's) Contest of Champions and then now Future Fight has them, most likely from being grandfathered in with that purchase. I'm sure they are paying through the nose to Disney for those rights to stay in place.

Marvel's Puzzle Quest caught me by surprise. I'm monetarily supporting ANYTHING with the X-Men in it so I'm hoping that sends a message and has been. Of course I refuse to touch the MvC:I and Lego games until they add the mutants. Not one penny for anything Marvel unless it has the X-Men!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

Their loading screens are full of beautiful arts of Storm, X-symbols and such with a spotlight on Rogue and Gambit lately.

Granted, it's still only mobile gaming (with an exception, it is on steam for PC). But does anyone know when D3Go licensed them? That would be telling because existing licensing for other X-Men-centric mobile games such as Contest and FF was purchased before the CompleX-freeze was put in place I guess in 2015 sometime. Also (NetMarble's) Future Fight got the licensing through their purchase of (Kabam's) Contest of Champions and then now Future Fight has them, most likely from being grandfathered in with that purchase. I'm sure they are paying through the nose to Disney for those rights to stay in place.

Marvel's Puzzle Quest caught me by surprise. I'm monetarily supporting ANYTHING with the X-Men in it so I'm hoping that sends a message and has been. Of course I refuse to touch the MvC:I and Lego games until they add the mutants. Not one penny for anything Marvel unless it has the X-Men!
    After a two year freeze they are allowed to introduce new X-men characters which is great! Here is the current roster of X-Men playable in the game:
    Storm (1* Reload costume, 2* iconic Jim Lee costume, 3* 80's Mohawk Storm)
    Wolverine (2* Yellow & Blue Costume, 3* Patch, 4* X-Force, 5* Old Man Logan)
    Cyclops (3* Revolutionary Red X costume, 4* Jim Lee Blue/Gold costume)
    Jean Grey (4* Teen Jean, 5* Phoenix)
    Professor X (4*)
    Beast (3* Jim Lee)
    Iceman (4* Teen Bobby)
    Magneto (2* White costume, 3* Jim Lee)
    Quicksilver (3*)
    Deadpool (3* normal, 4* X-Force Gray)
    Mystique (3*)
    Psylocke (3* Jim Lee)
    Colossus (3*)
    Daken (3*)
    X-23 (4* Wolverine costume)
    Juggernaut (1*)
    Rogue NEW (3* Jim Lee)
    Gambit NEW (4* standard)
    Nightcrawler NEW (not revealed yet)

Hmm, Marvel Puzzle Quest was released in 2013 if that's what you're asking, and so was Marvel Heroes, that recently had a license change, that made them lose the F4... Also, Marvel Heroes was launched in June, and that was when the F4 removal was announced this year. Marvel Puzzle Quest was released in October, and apparently there's some change happening now?(Not really sure if that's really a thing though as they technically always had X-Men?)...

I think Rogue is a 4* in PQ not a 3*...

Anyway, yeah I was wondering if they are newly licensed from DisMarvel or if they had them since before the freeze sometime in 2015ish?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think Rogue is a 4* in PQ not a 3*...

Anyway, yeah I was wondering if they are newly licensed from DisMarvel or if they had them since before the freeze sometime in 2015ish?
    She's a 3*. I have two of her yellow covers so I know