Page 873 of 875 FirstFirst ... 373773823863869870871872873874875 LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,095 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    The thing I don't understand is why there are any people at all on the X-boards that actively defend the reasons for or pretend the CompleX isn't real. Like, if you're an X-fan surely you've noted one of the many under-handed things going on in the last few years.
    Interesting... you were the guy who was just absolutely tearing into the FOX-made films in another thread and can't wait for X-Men to "go back home" or w/e to Disney. Interesting indeed that you are so aware of how Disney has manipulated and punished whatever they don't fully control financially. And yet it does not seem to bother you or affect your overall judgement.

The people who denied the Complex were always hardcore MCU fanatics, but even people who love the MCU can acknowledge the Complex is a reality, or at least was until perhaps very very recently. I just wish you guys would make the next step and apply that to skepticism about how X-Men movies /TV might fare under Disney control.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

The thing I don't understand is why there are any people at all on the X-boards that actively defend the reasons for or pretend the CompleX isn't real. Like, if you're an X-fan surely you've noted one of the many under-handed things going on in the last few years.
    People that do stuff like that are just fans of the Marvel/Disney corporation. If it wasn't X-men they'd be buying whatever else, if they aren't already.

I've been told I'm not a real Marvel fan and I'm like "duh".

If X-Men was Time Warner instead of Disney, I'd be reading more DC.

BANNED

X-men rights were/are split and they suffered because of this. That's true.
    We had complex because of split not because of Disney.
    If Disney would own movies and Fox rest... Fox would be doing excatly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    People that do stuff like that are just fans of the Marvel/Disney corporation. If it wasn't X-men they'd be buying whatever else, if they aren't already.

I've been told I'm not a real Marvel fan and I'm like "duh".

If X-Men was Time Warner instead of Disney, I'd be reading more DC.
    Only Fox fans can't understand the reasons why we had complex. If Fox X-men movies would be without X-men at all they would still praise them as great X-men movies. If all their movies would be as good as Last Stand they would praise them as great movies.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Interesting... you were the guy who was just absolutely tearing into the FOX-made films in another thread and can't wait for X-Men to "go back home" or w/e to Disney. Interesting indeed that you are so aware of how Disney has manipulated and punished whatever they don't fully control financially. And yet it does not seem to bother you or affect your overall judgement.

The people who denied the Complex were always hardcore MCU fanatics, but even people who love the MCU can acknowledge the Complex is a reality, or at least was until perhaps very very recently. I just wish you guys would make the next step and apply that to skepticism about how X-Men movies /TV might fare under Disney control.
    Why we should be skeptical because of this situation?
    You (and me) would be doing excatly the same thing. We would focus on our stuff because it gives more money.

Why? Usually that's understading. It looks like defending.
    You would make the same decision.

Fox vision of X-men is different than Marvel vision. It is harder to earn money from X-men because:
    -You can't create merchandise in time(because no one can predict what will be in next fox movie)
    -It is harder to sell this merchandise (because majority of characters is very old, there is no diversity, there is almost 0 cool scenes for majority of characters, they look very similar)
    -their movies are less popular
    Last edited by Xelossik; 03-28-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I just wish you guys would make the next step and apply that to skepticism about how X-Men movies might fare under Disney control.

I think about it almost daily and I can't wait till opening night! I'll probably see it 10 times my record is currently 7 for Black Panther.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    X-men rights were/are split and they suffered because of this. That's true.
    We had complex because of split not because of Disney.
    If Disney would own movies and Fox rest... Fox would be doing excatly the same thing.

Only Fox fans can't understand the reasons why we had complex. If Fox X-men movies would be without X-men at all they would still praise them as great X-men movies. If all their movies would be as good as Last Stand they would praise them as great movies.

You (and me) would be doing excatly the same thing. We would focus on our stuff because it gives more money.

Why? Usually that's understading. It looks like defending.
    You would make the same decision.

Fox vision of X-men is different than Marvel vision. It is harder to earn money from X-men because:
    -You can't create merchandise in time(because no one can predict what will be in next fox movie)
    -It is harder to sell this merchandise (because majority of characters is very old, there is no diversity, there is almost 0 cool scenes for majority of characters, they look very similar)
    Was it the fox fans that have all their theories coming to pass and speak more about xmen comics. These fox fans who are x-men fans were hands on on the loss of creative freedom, that has come to pass with the now FX deadpool cancellation. there. marvel's long track record of bad animations stays strong.

We are more sceptical now because we know what is to come. the logan man warned us, Rod Lindfield warned us.

according to chris claremont and the x-men comics. marvel movies vision is more different. there is nothing in xmen that screams their movies should be lighearted CGI action comedies like GOTG. if there is, please name all the xmen comics. the cancellation of the the FX cartoon is making it more clear.
    watch out for the superficial popularity that ends usually in 3 weeks. please remember that x-men movies work only artistic merit., you know like Logan earned on art that black panther now wants to buy by race baiting. others are popular only to a particular demo. not the hard core comic fans that expect more than cgi disney crops. their content are far less popular or anything to rejoice about. How popular are Disney movies to serious people and x-men comic fans?
    Look at the last comic movies. Logan, Deadpool and DOFP have proven to be above the rest of the formulaic interchangeable MCU movies. movies that would ever happen under Disney. Movies that had more similarities to x-men comics than the Disney formula that even the level headed MCU fans now have a problem with.
    When you have Chris Claremont, Rob Lidfield telling you Disney movies are no good for xmen. there is not really a spin to put there to make sound okay.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 03-29-2018 at 02:43 AM.

BANNED

Sandfall "
    Was it the fox fans that have all their theories coming to pass and speak more about xmen comics.
    no
    X-men fans
    These fox fans who are x-men fans were hands on on the loss of creative freedom, that has come to pass with the now FX deadpool cancellation.
    no
    fox fans don't like creative freedom. They prefer the same plot over and over again. Like X-men movies.
    They prefer to have focus on the same characters (Wolverine, Magneto).
    We are more sceptical now because we know what is to come. the logan man warned us, Rod Lindfield warned us.
    You
    according to chris claremont and the x-men comics. marvel movies vision is more different.
    True
    but Marvel has interesting characters
    there is nothing in xmen that screams their movies should be lighearted CGI action comedies like GOTG.
    they is nothing in xmen that screams their movies shouldn't be about xmen
    watch out for the superficial popularity that ends usually in 3 weeks.
    mcu has few years already
    please remember that x-men movies work only artistic merit
    no
    logic, visual, characters - these movies fail in this areas
    not the hard core comic fans that expect more than cgi disney crops.
    youre wrong
    we had vote here on cbr
    more people were happy than unhappy
    Look at the last comic movies. Logan, Deadpool and DOFP have proven to be above the rest of the formulaic interchangeable MCU movies. movies that would ever happen under Disney. Movies that had more similarities to x-men comics than the Disney formula that even the level headed MCU fans now have a problem with.
    They are equally good as best mcu movies
    but mcu is better when we watch more
    fox is weaker when we watch more

and last years were wasted because they were repeating same plot over and over again
    When you have Chris Claremont, Rob Lidfield telling you Disney movies are no good for xmen. there is not really a spin to put there to make sound okay.
    Wrong.
    I have my opinions. I change them when I hear good arguments not when someone will telling me that I should think differently.
    I don't need people to tell me what I like.

You should believe more in Yourself.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 03-29-2018 at 03:01 AM.

BANNED

Who is Rob Lidfield?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Marvel interns
    LOL I know we're joking but I can imagine little PR underlings going around the internet trying to squash any negative news and sweep it under the rug. Then Ike gives them a treat 'GOOD BOY/GIRL!! ATTA BOY!'

BANNED

LOL I know we're joking but I can imagine little PR underlings going around the internet trying to squash any negative news and sweep it under the rug. Then Ike gives them a treat 'GOOD BOY/GIRL!! ATTA BOY!'
    My best bet is that they force marvel interns to shill the MCU without paying the extra hours

You aren't seeing the forest for the trees. The X-Men will get kingly treatment now that Disney has them back home. Yes, I'd like an apology but that has ZERO impact on the Fox-men movies sucking so much for the most part. Singer belongs in jail and his taint on our beloved mutants is finally going to get rectified.

So yeah, I don't see how I'm contradicting myself here. If you read my posts you know that I:

a) Love the X-Men and have since I was a teen in the early 90's
    b) Severely dislike Fox's representation of them for myriads of reasons but my biggest beef is how they've handled Rogue, my favorite X-Man.
    c) Really appreciate the talent Feige has brought to complete unknowns in the Marvel Universe. If he can do this for frikken Guardians of the Galaxy, what can he do for an insanely popular X-Men?
    d) Really pissed at Marvel for trying to squash the X-Men because they didn't have film rights. It hurt the fans not their bottom line.

I suppose you think I should say 'bury the X-Men because DisMarvel mistreated them!! If Fox can't have them they shouldn't be around!' as an end result?

EDIT: words
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 03-29-2018 at 07:52 AM.

you can both see the many examples of the x-men getting dinged because of a bad corporate deal + the denials (that is the reason complex was founded) and be supportive of marvel/disney and want x-men to be a part of that again someday.

walking and chewing gum at same time is not difficult. my advice to complex audience is to ignore the comments, and treat this thread for what it was always meant to be: a record of events.

and we should all celebrate in joy when the day comes that the complex truly is "dead."

that will be a great day indeed, because it means that the x-men have come through to the other side and better days are indeed ahead. which is something every x-men fan should hope for.

and as for when that time comes, you will know. we will all know.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you can both see the many examples of the x-men getting dinged because of a bad corporate deal + the denials (that is the reason complex was founded) and be supportive of marvel/disney and want x-men to be a part of that again someday.

walking and chewing gum at same time is not difficult. my advice to complex audience is to ignore the comments, and treat this thread for what it was always meant to be: a record of events.

and we should all celebrate in joy when the day comes that the complex truly is "dead."

that will be a great day indeed, because it means that the x-men have come through to the other side and better days are indeed ahead. which is something every x-men fan should hope for.

and as for when that time comes, you will know. we will all know.
    Great post, thank you brother!

Fantastic Four is coming back!

this truly is a blessing. thank you for sharing