Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Hard reboot. Everyone starts at the beginning. Kind of the only way to do it.
    There's a lot of baby in your bathwater, friend.
    But it would have been easier if they did it the old Golden Age / Silver Age way: a hard reboot with everybody starting fresh at the beginning, but on a new Earth.

All other characters / stories / continuities still exist on another Earth, but similar to how the old Golden Age stories were eventually (about five years after the first story with Barry as The Flash) revealed to be "reality" on Earth-2.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Shut up and take my money!

I've suggested going back to the idea that Wonder Girl was just a time travelling Diana and "Donna" was just young Diana having some fun under an assumed name. Diana's a demigod from a magic island, and if Clark can travel through time as a teenager so can she. I thought it'd add a fun twist to the typical sidekick role and open up some new story opportunities.

But Wonder Tot as an imp? F*cking awesome.

Glad you like the idea. That'll be two cents, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I love this idea!

It's particularly cool that 'Wonder Tot', unlike Bat-Mite and Myxy, isn't quite as much of a tormentor or screw up, by nature, and is (childishly, perhaps) trying to make 'her hero' better (something both of the other imps claim to be doing, but rarely do).

For sure, Wonder Tot's just got unadulterated love and admiration for Diana. No venom, no hidden agenda, no twisted psychoses. She wanted to be part of the "family" and hang with her heroes. And then tried to save them. Just a positive, upbeat tale without the angst to restore one of the most positive, upbeat heroes in DC history.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    Glad you like the idea. That'll be two cents, please.

For sure, Wonder Tot's just got unadulterated love and admiration for Diana. No venom, no hidden agenda, no twisted psychoses. She wanted to be part of the "family" and hang with her heroes. And then tried to save them. Just a positive, upbeat tale without the angst to restore one of the most positive, upbeat heroes in DC history.
    I'll be curious to see if Snyder has the same idea. He's currently suing the 5th Dimensional Imps in the Justice League. I would love for Wonder Tot to show up as Diana's Imp!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'll be curious to see if Snyder has the same idea. He's currently suing the 5th Dimensional Imps in the Justice League. I would love for Wonder Tot to show up as Diana's Imp!

For me, it would be a welcome fun element into the WW mythos.

But, from what was already written and printed in Snyder's Justice League run, only Bats and Supes had imps assigned to them because of their central importance to the DCU. Unless otherwise disputed, it doesn't seem like other heroes have imps. (Or, I read way too much into the recent issues of Justice League.)

But, from what was already written and printed in Snyder's Justice League run, only Bats and Supes had imps assigned to them because of their central importance to the DCU. Unless otherwise disputed, it doesn't seem like other heroes have imps. (Or, I read way too much into the recent issues of Justice League.)
    The central importance of Supes & Bats is undeniable, which is why it would be cool to see Snyder acknowledge the more recent importance that Wonder Woman has assumed in the modern DCU.

My idea on how to make the JSA a part of the main Earth's continuity again while erasing the timeline problems their WWII connection causes and keeping Superman as the first hero widely known to the world:

I'd go for a thematic connection to WWII, having a DCU event replace it so the entire team's history isn't tied to a specific historical era (I know many like their Great War connection, but in a sliding timeline, it's not manageable for long, especially considering the characters' families).
    With that in mind, the JSA's origin would still be tied to the threat of a great war and the (re)ascension of fascism, but I'd have that happen 30 years ago, when Baron Blitzkrieg took possession of the Spear of Destiny to try and succeed where his idol failed.
    America would assemble a team of mystery men (the JSA) to contain Blitzkrieg before his plans truly lead to a new war.
    The JSA would succeed, but fearing public perception and manipulated by Per Degaton, the government would demand they revealed their identities if they wanted their efforts to be made public. This would cause the team to disband not long afterwards and most of them to retire.
    It would only be after the Justice League's debut (15+ years later) that the JSA heroes would resurface.

This retcon would allow for pretty much all of Johns's run to have happened without much fixing. It would also make it a lot easier to explain how the original JSAers can still be active and their kids can be the same age as the Titans generation.

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it would apply here as well
    I know it's more of a retcon than some of the other fixes, but at this point anything involving the JSA returning would be a retcon Of some sort.
    I know Johns will bring them back soon, but I don't think they'll fix the aging problem in a way the team's legacies (and their history) are also brought back without tons of convoluted explanations.

I'd think it was more a matter of Snyder looking at two long-standing members of the rogues gallery and finding a way to use that to play up the themes of his story. I'm sure if Diana had had an impish rogue since the 50's her's would've been included here too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, a lot of appreciation threads turn into a nexus for negativity and fan art. Sucks that's how it is, but there's a reason I stop posting or viewing them after a while.

I love a lot of your ideas for John and I think they address the biggest problem he's ever faced (one most GLs share) in differentiating himself from the rest. The only concern I'd really raise is that making him his own battery and giving him Aquaman's physicality reminds a bit of the Kyle Raynor Ion from his own series a while back. You may get a little pushback from editorial or fandom in that respect, but I genuinely love your ideas for giving John a clear direction and his own niche to develop in the GL corner. If you couldn't write the book, who is your short list for writers and who would you like to pair them with on artwork?

What? Who doesn't like playing backseat editor? :P
    Thanks man! The making him his own battery thing is just me taking the change Snyder made to him and moving it more upfront because I really dig that idea. I wouldn't quite make him able to do anything in the same way Ion or Parallax could, but I would want him to be in a comparable playing field to them and the other DC power players like the Guardians in terms of how he applies himself with less restrictions. Less handwave and it's done, more thoughtful, getting down and dirty to re-punctuate the reason John doesn't wear gloves. I wanted to add the physicality bit because I would like John to command the same kinda powerhouse psuedo-superman gravity as Blue Marvel but I didn't want him being physically on Superman level so his other Lantern abilities wouldn't become irrelevant. Having him able to alternate between hand to hand and his constructs fits perfect with John's proclivity toward efficient minimalist constructs; plus it fits with his marine training. If I could get editorial on board I'm sure most John fans wouldn't mind because most would be happy that he's finally getting the same kind of power scale boost his contemporaries have gotten in the past.

For a creative team I would want a co-writing team of Eve Ewing and Matt Kindt because I loved their work on Ironheart and Divinity respectively. I feel Ewing has a solid grasp on writing engaging character interactions and Kindt brings a powerful and emotional take on crazy cosmic ideas. If I couldn't get them together I'd be fine with either of them, moreso Kindt because I haven't read anything cosmic with Ewing. My default would be to give it to David F. Walker if I couldn't get either but with a Morrison-deal where DC can't just step all over his vision like they did on his Cyborg run. Snyder would be a safe bet but I feel I would only have Snyder on this project if I needed to appease editorial. Art is a hard one for me to narrow but off top I'd like Jamal Campbell, or Jorge Jiminez and Alejandro Sanchez, or Kenneth Rocafort. I would want Morrison and Denys Cowan to do the Annual if it made it that far.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-08-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Release a "fixed" version of Forever Evil

ran this idea through the what to do with Wallace thread and it just reminded me of this thread. here's the pitch:

The Flash Unit

Wallace should lead a team consisting of all the young Flash family members. It'll give Wallace a clear direction, qe can expand on the idea of Jai as the Turtle, and it'll give Irey and Avery a place to develop their names in the Flash legacy as well. the team could also re-establish individual speedster applications, and/or play with other abilities via the other forces, by having them each develop their own signature abilities over time.

Wallace as Kid Flash - He's the leader, so his name has more meaning as the lead Flash of the Kid speedsters. I'd lean into his time training under Deathstroke and make him more of a tactician, maybe even retcon that Deathstroke taught him a little bit of martial arts so he can sprinkle in some speedster kung-fu. I would make him primarily specialized in mechanical engineering and speedforce imbuement.

Jai as Turtle - I like the idea of Jai as the Turtle so I'd make him a stillforce user; the polar opposite if his father. it'll also allow him to maintain his pre-Flashpoint signature strength, since Stillforce users have a degree if super strength apparently. he could even have an arc where he's mentored by Steadfast, continuing the trend of the West family having a more spiritual connection to their forces.

Irey as Inertia - she was Impulse before but, with Bart back using the mantle again, i just give her the name of his long dead and largely forgotten rival. As the daughter of Wally West I'd have her be a naturally gifted and well rounded speedster and specializing in phasing and vibration. I'd also make her more like Barry in the sense that she'd be more scientific with her speed than her father.

Avery aka Shǎn (閃) - for her name, I say just use the Chinese translation of her name, Shăn (閃). I'd have this team happen after whatever she's gonna be doing with the Justice Incarnate, so she'll be the resident multiverse expert for the team. as for her signature ability i would want her to be a Speedforce/Strengthforce hybrid, able to manipulate gravity to fly at Flash speeds. no other reason than I just like the idea of a flying speedster and a hybrid force user.

I'd also have Wally be the Professor X to their X Men or the Batman to their Outsiders. he mentors and watches over them, occasionally joining them on missions from time to time.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-24-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

The tricky part for me would be to not simply rehash what Johns did with Hal Jordan, but to do something appropriate to Wally's character that fits his history.

My initial idea would be to use Hunter Zolomon because his entire shtick has literally always been to make Wally a better hero by adding tragedy to his life. However, that feels like too much a straight swap of Sinestro with Zoom instead, so I'd bring in more Rogues and have it be this giant conspiracy of some of Wally's greatest foes all working to destroy him in mind, body and soul, like Abra Kadabra, who was somehow involved in Wally's erasure from history according to Abnett's Titans comics (which were so forgettable that I don't remember the exact details of right now). I'd also throw in Savitar's essense somehow getting inside Wally and turning his Speed Force into something lethal, which caused the explosion at Santuary. I'd probably throw Grodd in there for good measure because his mental powers could help explain the truly inexplicable decisions Wally was shown making in HiC.
    Wow. I had completely forgotten about writing this. In retrospect, my idea was more or less what DC ended up doing, but with Thawne mentally manipulating Wally instead of Grodd.

I can see the future, people! BEWARE MY POWERS! I SHALL USE THEM ONLY FOR INFINITE SMUGNESS!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ran this idea through the what to do with Wallace thread and it just reminded me of this thread. here's the pitch:

The Flash Unit

Wallace should lead a team consisting of all the young Flash family members. It'll give Wallace a clear direction, Jai already has a unique identity as the Turtle which could use some exploring, and it'll give Irey and Avery a place to develop their names. the team could also re-establish individual speedster applications, and/or play with other abilities via the other forces, by having them each develop their own signature abilities over time.

Wallace as Kid Flash - He's the leader, so his name has more meaning as the lead Flash of the the Kid speedsters. I'd lean into his time training under Deathstroke and make him more of a tactician, maybe even retcon that Deathstroke taught him a little bit of martial arts so he can sprinkle in some speedster kung-fu. I would make him primarily specialized in mechanical engineering and speedforce imbuement.

Jai as Turtle - I like the idea of Jai as the Turtle so I'd make him a stillforce user; the polar opposite if his father. it'll also allow him to maintain his pre-Flashpoint signature strength, since Stillforce users have a degree if super strength apparently. he could even have an arc where he's mentored by Steadfast, continuing the trend of the West family having a more spiritual connection to their forces.

Irey as Inertia - she was Impulse before but, with Bart back using the mantle again, i just give her the name of his long dead and largely forgotten rival. As the daughter of Wally West I'd have her be a naturally gifted and well rounded speedster and specializing in phasing and vibration. I'd also make her more like Barry in the sense that she'd be more scientific with her speed than her father.

Avery aka Shǎn (閃) - for her name, I say just the Chinese translation of her name. I'd imagine this team is after whatever she's gonna be doing with the Justice Incarnate, so she'd be the resident multiverse expert for the team. as for her signature ability i would want her to be a Speedforce/Strengthforce hybrid; able to manipulate gravity to fly at Flash speeds. no other reason than I just like the idea of a flying speedster and a hybrid force user.

I'd also have Wally be the Professor X to their X Men or the Batman to their Outsiders. he mentors and watches over them, occasionally joining them on missions from time to time.
    This is something I would love to see!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

The Flash Unit

Wallace should lead a team consisting of all the young Flash family members. It'll give Wallace a clear direction, qe can expand on the idea of Jai as the Turtle, and it'll give Irey and Avery a place to develop their names in the Flash legacy as well. the team could also re-establish individual speedster applications, and/or play with other abilities via the other forces, by having them each develop their own signature abilities over time.

Wallace as Kid Flash - He's the leader, so his name has more meaning as the lead Flash of the Kid speedsters. I'd lean into his time training under Deathstroke and make him more of a tactician, maybe even retcon that Deathstroke taught him a little bit of martial arts so he can sprinkle in some speedster kung-fu. I would make him primarily specialized in mechanical engineering and speedforce imbuement.

Avery aka Shǎn (閃) - for her name, I say just use the Chinese translation of her name, Shăn (閃). I'd have this team happen after whatever she's gonna be doing with the Justice Incarnate, so she'll be the resident multiverse expert for the team. as for her signature ability i would want her to be a Speedforce/Strengthforce hybrid, able to manipulate gravity to fly at Flash speeds. no other reason than I just like the idea of a flying speedster and a hybrid force user.

I feel like Avery is the most qualified leader here considering her time with JL:China. Wallace has had some questionable judgement -- admittedly some of it retconned by Thawne's silly hypnosis stuff. And Inertia seems like an absolutely doomed to fail name. Why in the world would anyone pick up the name of the person who killed Bart?

Also Wally would probably be a terrible Professor X. Seems like a Max Mercury job.

Not that I'm opposed to any kind of Flash Family style book. It's long overdue, literally from 2009 overdue.
    Last edited by Dred; 09-24-2021 at 09:59 PM.

The Flash Unit

This could be really fun. I'd name them Flash Force and also add Impulse as the timetravel specialist. It's not like he's being used elsewhere.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Solstice suddenly appear as TT academy student with no explanation, and no explanation needed since everytime they rebooted, sometimes characters just appear different.

When New 52 becomes Rebirth, Bar Tor disappeared and it's Impulse Bart again, as if it' always been Impulse.

So who cares if Solstice suddenly disappeared from 31st century prison planet and no longer a black smoke but her beautiful bright Indian self.

She will be reunited with Bunker as fellow senior student, and that's that