Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Thanks man! I was a little hesitant posting this idea again because it kinda bombed on the John thread when I pitched it. I mentioned I wanted the narrative to be more pro-black, even gave suggestions on how, and people focused on that, got in a huff, and ignored everything else.

This is a great idea for a thread btw, Ii's very cathartic. My question to you, if you could pick a character that you dislike or are aggressively apathetic toward (apparently that's a thing), new or old, how would you fix them?
    I love all the DC characters, and even the ones I am not super into have enough big fans that I wouldn't want to alter them in a way that would go against what makes them special to those fans.

That said, there are a few DC characters who I think are in need of a little help right now.

Wally is the main one who currently needs the most TLC, the rest are already being taken care of, like the JSA and Legion. With Wally, I would make him The Flash of Infinite Worlds, traveling the Multiverse in search of his family and having awesome adventures with a parade of alternate heroes like the Morrison's jeans & t-shirt Superman and more. That would give him a raison d'etre that is unique and interesting without feeling redundant now that Barry Allen is back.

Others are easy fixes like re-establishing Wonder Woman's WW2 history, by sending Steve and her back in time from the present to hang out with the JSA for approximately a decade, and maybe make a pitstop in WW1 so Diana's iconic No Man's Land moment can become part of her comics history. I would also sprinkle in a bit more of that Golden Age subversive kinky craziness that gives her something special.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 06-01-2019 at 05:59 PM.