Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Creative, but a bit too convoluted. Convolution is what made Donna into the mess of a character she is today.

I think Donna's origin should be girl rescued by Wonder Woman and trained as an Amazon, eventually becoming a hero in her own right.
    I agree to keep it simple, but there's the powers. No amount of super-sekrit training by lady warriors is gonna make an orphan girl able to lift a tank or fly or move fast enough to knock bullets out of the air, IMO. Either something like, 'she was near death after Diana saved her from the [deleted] that killed her parents, and the Amazons were only able to save her by using the Purple Ray mcguffin to transfer some of Diana's immortal life-energy to her and somehow she got powers like Diana's out of it! And they can never do it again, for... reasons.' (Because we don't want Diana doing this to hundreds of people!)

Or some multiversal version of Diana from a lost reality or something. Maybe a creation of Wonder Tot, the fifth-dimensional imp that wanted to adventure with 'teen Diana' and adult Diana at the same time! Might as well go wonky with it.

Quantum Donna. "I have *all* the origins! I was rocketed to Earth after my home-dimension fell to the Anti-Monitor, only to discover that my people have great strength, speed and flight on this world. My parents died in an arsonist-set apartment fire in Gotham, and I ended up seeing a poster of Wonder Woman and abandoning my family legacy to wander the Earth and learn her secrets so I could bring justice to the world. I was hit by lightning while analyzing some Amazonium fragments I'd found at a crime-scene. A dying Amazon from another dimension named Abina Sur passed down her lasso and powers to me."

Just keep it short, a few sentences or a panel at most, and *change it every time*, with Donna giving no clue whether it's a long-running gag, or she really believes all these wildly different origin stories...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-05-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I agree to keep it simple, but there's the powers. No amount of super-sekrit training by lady warriors is gonna make an orphan girl able to lift a tank or fly or move fast enough to knock bullets out of the air, IMO. Either something like, 'she was near death after Diana saved her from the [deleted] that killed her parents, and the Amazons were only able to save her by using the Purple Ray mcguffin to transfer some of Diana's immortal life-energy to her and somehow she got powers like Diana's out of it! And they can never do it again, for... reasons.' (Because we don't want Diana doing this to hundreds of people!)

Or some multiversal version of Diana from a lost reality or something. Maybe a creation of Wonder Tot, the fifth-dimensional imp that wanted to adventure with 'teen Diana' and adult Diana at the same time! Might as well go wonky with it.

Quantum Donna. "I have *all* the origins! I was rocketed to Earth after my home-dimension fell to the Anti-Monitor, only to discover that my people have great strength, speed and flight on this world. My parents died in an arsonist-set apartment fire in Gotham, and I ended up seeing a poster of Wonder Woman and abandoning my family legacy to wander the Earth and learn her secrets so I could bring justice to the world. I was hit by lightning while analyzing some Amazonium fragments I'd found at a crime-scene. A dying Amazon from another dimension named Abina Sur passed down her lasso and powers to me."

Just keep it short, a few sentences or a panel at most, and *change it every time*, with Donna giving no clue whether it's a long-running gag, or she really believes all these wildly different origin stories...
    Donna was a metahuman with super strength and flight before getting rescued from the fire, she did not know it at the time because she was a kid.

Donna's such a mess. I already got into what I'd do with her earlier in the thread and I'm still disappointed you uncultured philistines don't see the potential there.

I think instead of worrying about origins, you need to look at what you want her doing now, and build backwards. Is she primarily there to help fill out Diana's franchise? Is she primarily there to round out the Titans roster? What does she need to bring to the table that the people around her won't, what does she already have that can fit those needs?

Then you figure out a very straight forward and simple origin that works towards those goals.

As for where her powers come from....it's not a big issue. We're talking about immortal supermodel warriors living on a hidden fantasy island. You could say that the simple act of being *officially* adopted as an Amazon is what gives Donna her powers. Maybe one of the gods takes pity on young Donna because she's a normal orphan girl trying to keep up with supernatural adults who've perfected their craft over centuries, and that god just gives Donna powers. It's frikkin magic, just pick a simple excuse and don't think too deep on it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I agree to keep it simple, but there's the powers. No amount of super-sekrit training by lady warriors is gonna make an orphan girl able to lift a tank or fly or move fast enough to knock bullets out of the air, IMO.
    There are various stories about people gaining superhuman abilities through martial arts training, including from DC and Marvel. Wonder Woman had this in the Golden Age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There are various stories about people gaining superhuman abilities through martial arts training, including from DC and Marvel. Wonder Woman had this in the Golden Age.
    Yeah jsut say she was blessed by the amazons an endowed with power
    thats all

Incredible Member

Why are there so many Green Lanterns from Earth?- The Oa power battery was once stationed on Earth before man evolved on the planet. the Oa Power Battery is also indirectly responsible for the wide variety of skin tones and racial facial features on Earth. According to wikipedia race and skin tone are determined by the environment, the sun, air pressure migration from the equator into northern territories and other substances.

How exactly does Superman powers work? How is he able to fly through outer space?

Superman and Krypton came from the previous Universe as depicted in the recent Dark Nights Metal. And because he was born in the previous Universe Superman has the ability to break the laws of physics in this Universe.