Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you like about Age of X-Man?

There's a lot to dislike, but I'm trying to be more positive. So what do you like about it? You can also add some positives about X- Force, Uncanny or others.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Nightcrawler was more in character in The Amazing Nightcrawler than he has been written in over a decade except for his last solo. It was very refreshing that someone other than Claremont actually gets him these days, although I would have liked more action in the book.

Age of X-man is all the great interpersonal drama and politics of the great X-men stories BUT it is not great action event. I like Age of X-man because it is the type of X-man stories I want read in "ONE" X-men book probably about the school. I have always thought a book about the lives of X-men not necessary combat related would be good addition to X-men universe. Age of X-man provides one of better slices of life look at the X-men we have seen in a long time. 5 books of low action,mystery and interpersonal conflicts might be too much but Age of X-man is hitting marks on how X-men books should feel between missions. X-men is great because it is good mix of Superhero Action and Soap Opera drama combined. Age of X-man is too much Soap Opera not enough action, While Uncanny disassembled was too much Superhero Action not enough soap opera. You need a good mix between the two
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-30-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I'm only reading Nextgen at this stage - I like anything that revolves around the younger X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    There's a lot to dislike, but I'm trying to be more positive. So what do you like about it? You can also add some positives about X- Force, Uncanny or others.
    Just because X-Man and Bishop are punching each other’s lights out doesn’t make it a bad event. I love the much-missed, character-driven stories we’ve been getting in each series. We haven’t gotten such intricate looks at characters like Meggan, Nightcrawler, Genesis, Psylocke, Northstar, etc etc in soooooo long. In fact, some of these characters are the best iterations we’ve seen from them. It’s also a nice, therapeutic breather from the nonsense in Rosencanny, where everything is shoved into one issue with little to no real character moments.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Just because X-Man and Bishop are punching each other’s lights out doesn’t make it a bad event. I love the much-missed, character-driven stories we’ve been getting in each series. We haven’t gotten such intricate looks at characters like Meggan, Nightcrawler, Genesis, Psylocke, Northstar, etc etc in soooooo long. In fact, some of these characters are the best iterations we’ve seen from them. It’s also a nice, therapeutic breather from the nonsense in Rosencanny, where everything is shoved into one issue with little to no real character moments.
    But the problem is that all these characters don't really remember who they are, and have completely different memories- they're essentially different people.

I like that we get glimpses of people realizing that things are not as they should be. To me, that's the most interesting part of the event.

BANNED

Jeanxbishop.

Spectacular Member

X-Man's hair.

The fact that spoilers:
    Jubes is about to burn that bitch down
    end of spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Characters talking to each other about their feelings.

I like that it's psychologically unnerving, experimental, and dances to a different beat from the ho-hum X-Men stories I've been getting used to. Several characters have had meatier characterizations than they've had in a LONG time (Bishop, Polaris, Northstar, Jubilee, Jean, Psylocke, Kurt, Glob, Armor) and I like seeing supporting characters that don't just fill the role of "other X-Men at the school".

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Jeanxbishop.
    With Betsy×Blob coming close second.

I liked that a lot of characters who were in limbo or wallpapers for years got some time to shine there.

I appreciate what it's trying to do, and as previously mentioned it's kind of nice that we have a storyline where it's not all solved by punching. My biggest pain points have honestly been more about execution of the plan than the actual plan itself (I think it could have been 2-3 books with the same stories combined to make it more tense and interesting).

It's neat to see some villains highlighted in interesting ways (like come on, Lady Mastermind as a media mogul is hilarious).