Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Uh, where you said when you didn't like something you just ignored it and focused on other things in the meantime? That's called ignoring it?
    You've misunderstood me then. What I said was I didn't like how the New 52 turned out, expressed my problems with it, then moved on to stuff I liked more until the DCU went in a direction. That's not ignoring something, that's just not wallowing in it for no purpose. If I was ignoring the DCU, then I wouldn't have known to check out DC Universe: Rebirth back in June of 2016 and missed something really special.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    You've misunderstood me then. What I said was I didn't like how the New 52 turned out, expressed my problems with it, then moved on to stuff I liked more until the DCU went in a direction. That's not ignoring something, that's just not wallowing in it for no purpose. If I was ignoring the DCU, then I wouldn't have known to check out DC Universe: Rebirth back in June of 2016 and missed something really special.
    That is ignoring it. Not giving something any attention for years is literally the definition of ignoring it. Following news postings isn't not ignoring it. Comics news isn't synonymous with following comics. Lots of people know about Batman's dick. Just because you know who the Superbowl winners were because it's a bit of news doesn't mean you might not ignore the NFL. If you're paying attention to other comics, like, say, Marvel, you'd obviously hear about Rebirth.

Mighty Member

We should protest by making bulk donations to actual mental health organizations in the name of Wally West. Hey, it's better than destructive retaliation.

Ah, here we go, HEAT.

It always comes back to HEAT.

Fucking great.
    Care to elaborate. Is doing good deeds to draw attention to your cause not a valid way of expressing your fandom?

Being cynical about this is easy and accomplishes nothing. If you want to be pro-active and accomplish something, I'd love to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Correct sir but there’s conservative and then there is MAGA.
    Agreed, but Trumpism did spring from conservatism, even if there are plenty of conservatives who aren't Trumpists.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    We should protest by making bulk donations to actual mental health organizations in the name of Wally West. Hey, it's better than destructive retaliation.
    That's a great idea.

That is ignoring it. Not giving something any attention for years is literally the definition of ignoring it. Following news postings isn't not ignoring it. Comics news isn't synonymous with following comics. Lots of people know about Batman's dick. Just because you know who the Superbowl winners were because it's a bit of news doesn't mean you might not ignore the NFL. If you're paying attention to other comics, like, say, Marvel, you'd obviously hear about Rebirth.
    Okay, but do something valuable with what you're feeling. Being upset about it on message boards is not going to get you what you want.

Agreed, but Trumpism did spring from conservatism, even if there are plenty of conservatives who aren't Trumpists.
    Very true.

Astonishing Member

Care to elaborate. Is doing good deeds to draw attention to your cause not a valid way of expressing your fandom?

Being cynical about this is easy and accomplishes nothing. If you want to be pro-active and accomplish something, I'd love to help you.
    There's no equivalent to sending Gil Kane to a con around since Infantino passed years ago and I don't have the financial coordination or skills to do anything like that. Maybe there's a talented person out there who could rally a lot of people to put their money where their mouth is and, I don't know, finish out WML's gofundme but I don't think there's enough people with enough money invested in things to make that impact.

I've got an idea, actually, but I might need a week to do it up.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-02-2019 at 09:38 PM.

There's no equivalent to sending Gil Kane to a con around since Infantino passed years ago and I don't have the financial coordination or skills to do anything like that. Maybe there's a talented person out there who could rally a lot of people to put their money where their mouth is and, I don't know, finish out WML's gofundme but I don't think there's enough people with enough money invested in things to make that impact.

I've got an idea, actually, but I might need a week to do it up.
    Good to hear. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Don't get discouraged. There's always a path forward, even if it seems like there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    As a whole? Jesus, no! He may a great friend and a wonderful father, and I believe he'd also make a great drinking buddy.

What we were discussing here is his motivations: and the idea that "he's trying to do what he thinks is best for the DCU and failing". And he's not doing either of those things. What he's trying to do is paint the whole DCU with a brush that he likes, and troll or bully whoever makes that hard for him. And he's made that clear.

Way back in 2009 he said something along the lines of "well, once people start reading the stories with Barry, everybody is gonna love them and the complaints are going to stop".

They didn't, he's a petty man (or a petty professional, IDK), and if people are going to complain he's sure gonna give them something to complain about.

That's it. The whole "the fact of the matter is that Dan is trying his best" irks me because he's made a damn good point to up his ante on the bullshit he pulls at every single opportunity. And this is not the first time or character he tries to pull this with.

I'm a pretty good multi-tasker. Never made a post here while not working at the same time. My time is productive AF!

I'm not angry. I just see no reason to go out of my way to try and defend someone who is clearly pulling this crap on purpose. Thing is, as my hobbies go I'm pretty invested in DC and I'll discuss the comics, what brought them to life, the backstage of the stuff and so on regardless. I'm in it for the long run: not my fault if the current state of affairs is crappy.

ALSO: I think unhappy people should complain, on any avenue they can (specially in their comic shop, if physical buyers). The fact that a large contingent of people who love DC currently hate DC is, for me, a positive. I may be many things, but I'll never be this dog:

But how many people are unhappy with it? I don't like HiC either but the sales and professional reviews seem to indicate I'm in the minority.

BANNED

aw let him rant to his hearts content bored. if you can't do that here then where can you? it's not like his doing it would be direly adverse for anyone or anything but on the contrary helps him get rid of some spleen about the shitty treatment Wally had been receiving. where's the harm in it? if he finds it negatively affecting him he will stop on his own without your intervention whereas your constant suggesting him to do something constructive about it will only put his back up and lead to his continuing to be contrary cause he got all riled up by your benevolent intentions. just agree to disagree to some measure and go down the paths that seem the best for you and refrain from suggesting that everyone should choose that particular route as diverse opinions about dealing with resentment over the direction of the franchise are going to be raised whether you want it or not. so might as well give them a wide berth.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    But how many people are unhappy with it? I don't like HiC either but the sales and professional reviews seem to indicate I'm in the minority.
    Sales are a tricky indication of acceptance, specially in this particular case.

Those reviewers are just clueless, though.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

Those reviewers are just clueless, though.
    Seriously. Every positive review of this book just amazes me.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Remember BASH? Lol.
    Hey there!

Comic-Bloc survivor as well?

C'mere, gimme a hug! Let me buy you a beer!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!