Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Any retaliation planned over Heroes In Crisis?

Just curious. I haven't bought DC Comics in quite a while - just out of boredom for the direction of most of the titles. JSA was the last regular title I bought and Justice was the last special series I bought.

But for those of you disgusted by HIC, are you going to retaliate against the company or just fume a little and keep moving on?

Incredible Member

I just buy trades from prior to the New 52 now. I loved Rebirth when it first started, except for Kong’s Batman because that was and still is ****, but it’s just all gone down hill since then. Except Red Hood and Doomsday Clock. I still love those two.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Just curious. I haven't bought DC Comics in quite a while - just out of boredom for the direction of most of the titles. JSA was the last regular title I bought and Justice was the last special series I bought.

But for those of you disgusted by HIC, are you going to retaliate against the company or just fume a little and keep moving on?
    "Retaliation"?

Isn't that going a little overboard if all people wind up doing is stop buying DC comic books?

Are you talking something more serious, like massive organized protests at comic conventions (with protest signs or cos-player die-ins) or something?

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Retaliation"?

Isn't that going a little overboard if all people wind up doing is stop buying DC comic books?

Are you talking something more serious, like massive organized protests at comic conventions (with protest signs or cos-player die-ins) or something?
    It's simple, we send a massive amount of "Where's Waldo/Wally?" books to DC HQ.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Spectacular Member

"Retaliation"?

i wouldn't be against people taking over the Q&A section with questions about when wallys coming back.

It's petty and immature, but I would just laugh my ass off if somebody at a convention that Didio is at would just ask him, point blank and in front of a crowd of people, "What's it going to take for somebody to finally fire your unqualified, talent-less ass?" Preferably in San Diego.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    i wouldn't be against people taking over the Q&A section with questions about when wallys coming back.
    That already happened once. It didn't work.

There was like a 4 or 5 year period where Didio couldn't go to a panel without being grilled by fans of Wally wondering what the deal was. It's part of the reason he hates them so much and goes out of his way to mock them.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I've dropped all my DC books for the first time in my life after HIC #8 came out.

And now I'm glad that I did. Not even out of anger but it's just left such a bad taste in my mouth for DC. Im even taking a break from DC back issues since DC over all just feels so tainted to me.

As far as what we can do. Just stop buying. It worked a few years ago and got us Rebirth. And it looks like it's just on the edge of being there again as Didios control has once again driven DC into the ground in the last year.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I will continue to buy books I think are good and are of quality content, and not buy books that are bad and have poor storytelling. I see no reason to punish other creators or other legitimately good books for the sins of others. Just like I always have.

I pretty much stopped buying DC’s current books well before HIC, because I find the direction dull and needlessly grim dark. I will continue to purchase Shazam! Because I love the character and in general like Johns work, so I will not let my overall feelings for DC ruin that book for me. Things go in cycles and eventually we will get new leadership. I’m at the point where I don’t even care anymore to get worked up over a stupid book.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

"Retaliation"?

Yeah stuff like this is what scares creators from listening to fans.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

For twenty years, I used to buy 20-35 DC books a month, back issues, TPB/HC and digital issues. Heroes in Crisis totally killed my interest for DC Comics.

Now I just give my money to Geoff Johns and Young Justice. Which means DC only get 8$ each month from me and I think it's still too much.

On the bright side, I'm discovering Marvel. I really like the Captain America and Thor stuff and Spencer is doing great on Spidey (plus, we have Spidey : Life Story which is an awesome book). And I still have my favorite books TMNT & Shredder in Hell doing great things. I'm a bit sad to be more excited about a Valkyrie book than a DC event but I guess it's okay to move on.

Now I just hope to see people reacting at con or on the net to the way Didio has handled the compagny. That being said when I look back at SDCC 2018, where he said horrible things about the Bat Fam, the Green Lantern Corps or Flash and nobody protested, I don't think anything will happen anytime soon.

Retalliation is a heavy word. And conjures up images of torches and pitchforks.

The mob mentality gets us nowhere, but it's been mighty prevalent on the internet lately.
    I think the internet is shrinking people's Prefrontal Cortex.
    In the last week, I've seen two other 'calls to rise' that were even worse.

'Who's upset over our new Batman?' calling for people to use their entitlement to a character that doesn't belong to them to make Warner change who they cast for Batman.

'Who else is mad that DC Universe charges...' This was actually in a post on DC Universe's forum that appeared to be because a member's screen glitched and was showing everything locked. He should have reported the issue and asked what he needed to do to fix it.
    But instead, he jumped to conclusions, thought DC Universe was trying to get more money and figured it happened to everyone. In his post, he only had one question. And it wasn't 'What's wrong?' or 'Can someone help me?' It was 'Who else here is mad that DC Universe has premium content?' as he went on to grill the service for no reason and confuse everyone else.

Now, I'm not happy about Wally.
    And I have not been happy about Sue, Ralph, Ted, Max or Roy, either.

And I sure am not happy with the way DC's been ran in the last 15 years.

But all we can do is say we're not happy and choose another product over it.
    Buy more Marvel, try comics from other publishers.
    Maybe even write and/or draw your own comics taking this experience as a motivation to bring what you think is missing back into comics.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Seriously, it‘s a story some people dislike.
    Don‘t buy it if you dislike it.
    That‘s all.

Retaliate, c‘mon...