Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    HiC was a single meal and should be lambasted.
    You did it already. How many times will be enough for you, Mr. Dred?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    You did it already. How many times will be enough for you, Mr. Dred?

As many as it takes. If we all just shrug our shoulders and accept it then it'll just be accepted as an okay thing.

Throwing a fan fiction take at DC that they literally legally can't use is a much worse way of getting it fixed than loudly letting them know you want it fixed. But hell, you defended HEAT but, to you, I'm going way overboard now.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

As many as it takes...
    ...takes to accomplish what, exactly?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

I'm not repeating myself.

Dred is protesting against bad stories, people do this in the forums all the time. I don't know why it's suddenly an issue now. You say just write fanfiction, like that will solve something. Creating and enjoying art are/can be two very different things for someone. Maybe I just want to read a comic featuring my favorite character, if I don't like the direction I shouldn't have to start writing my own version. That takes personal time and effort without any pay while comic writers are hired and paid to do this. Fans need to be loud and vocal about their thoughts and feelings. If you think DC is doing great, shout it from the rooftops let them know you want more. If you think DC has been scraping the bottom of the barrel and screwing themselves for over a decade, shout it from the rooftops let them know. DC is a business if their customer base isn't happy then their numbers will fall and they will reshape how they see fit. Maybe it will be better for those vocal fans, maybe not but you have to try.

The only things we can do as fans is vote with our wallets and be vocal. Starting a revolution or "retaliation" over this is insane, voicing disdain and wanting better is not.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

That already happened once. It didn't work.

There was like a 4 or 5 year period where Didio couldn't go to a panel without being grilled by fans of Wally wondering what the deal was. It's part of the reason he hates them so much and goes out of his way to mock them.
    And here I was under the impression he hated us before we started asking. Silly me.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Okay by me.

Frankly Rebirth turned out to be a muddled mess even if it did bring back Superman/Clark and Lois as a married couple with a child.
    They were back "as a married couple with a child" prior to Rebirth.

Convergence: Superman featured the birth of Jon, then we got the excellent eight-issue Superman: Lois and Clark series just before Rebirth (and prior to the death of New52 Superman).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Its time to reboot back to the New 52. Rebirth is an abject failure. It has failed to provide stories as good as the New 52, though to be honest, that was never the point. Instead of promising great stories Rebirth only ever promised a return to the old continuity...which for certain characters (Wonder Woman) never really happened.
    This is something worth considering, I guess.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I genuinely do not recall the even the most tempered anti-New 52 thread being this bad though. A lot of the posters here are saying they don't even buy DC Comics anymore!

It was better to have kept Wally lost than to revive him.
    Then you were not paying attention back then. New 52 caused far more derision than HiC. By volumes. Everyone had a stake in the New 52, for or against. Only a very, very small amount of fans relative to DC's audience even care about what HiC has established. Loud as we are, Wally fans are a super tiny amount of DC fans and I doubt any of the people who even empathize with us without being at all invested in Wally are going to care much in a few months.

There is literally nothing DC could do to Wally, period, that would cause as much ire as the New 52 did. It's just a matter of numbers.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-31-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I already not buying anything, so I've moved on to spread why the thing I don't buy is bad, both the objective and subjective points, so people know and consider the points the next time they want to buy something.

It's still their choice.

I mean I've considered writing to DC but sounds like they don't listen to that so I'm aiming for the fans now
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-31-2019 at 07:40 PM.

BANNED

There is really no point in writing to DC. I'm fairly sure they're reading the stuff you're saying.

One guy's take...

I was a massive fan of "New52" Wonder Woman.

That said, most of that got tossed in the garbage can after "Rebirth" kicks in.

Knowing my feelings, I seriously see it serving no purpose to repeat that I am not on board every time a new "Rebirth"-era issue comes out. It's just going to bug folks who are enjoying the current lay of the land while never getting me any of what I would like to see.

At some point, you have to at least think about balancing how you feel about a character/run/whatever with that it is all IP that belongs to a massive company.

The idea that they ever do a whole lot of sitting around considering how often I reread the "New52" Dial H run(never mind my feelings about how it all played out) is just incredibly far fetched. Never mind that any change that I might want to see could come of the consideration that is likely not happening or me repeating complaints that I have on a regular basis.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 05-31-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like Post Crisis, New 52, and Rebirth Wonder Woman. They each have their flaws but also got a lot of good, interesting concept and execution. I just wish... I think the problem is... every time... it's always either this or that. New era? Throw everything before that away. Kill that hero, promote a new one. Now bring the old one back, ice the old new one. Of course, people are going to be angry.

I realize DC is a company build by fanboys, but sometimes I underestimate how much. It's like a series of revenge fix fic.

Incredible Member

It was a huge selling mini series which is no small feat.

It's only him, Scott snyder on batman, and Frank Miller who can make a mini series a top 10 book on DCs current rosta (that I can think of).

It generated about 300 pages of comments across multiple threads just on here.

I'm sure DC are delighted with it.

Everyone needs to chill out about HiC. I get that people don't like it, but 'retaliation' really?

It is over now, so it's not like we'll change the outcome. Just let it rest now its all over and DC will probably naturally sweep it under the rug.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown