Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

retaliation is a strong word and can be taken out of context,you want change stop buying DC comics and vote with your wallet last time we did they gave us rebirth.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. My only DC pull at the moment is Shazam. With the current direction, I hope DC don't launch LSH or JSA titles.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

"Retaliation"? Over a bad comic book story? I understand being disappointed in terrible writing, but to act like these people have personally done fans wrong in some way is just infantile. These creators don't owe us a damn thing, just like we don't owe them our money. That's the only way you can "retaliate" when you don't like their work.

"Let’s get um boys!"

LoL, retaliation...

Astonishing Member

I always buy or don't buy based on the individual merits of the comic. In general, I am less likely to sample a DC book these days -- which I blame more on editorial and WB than on creators.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    i wouldn't be against people taking over the Q&A section with questions about when wallys coming back.
    Well, first they gave us a "Wally West", but not the version people wanted.

Then they brought back the OG Wally West in Geoff Johns' DC Universe: Rebirth. But look what that eventually led to.

Do people really trust those currently in charge of DC to try yet again, or would it be best to wait until conditions at DC have changed first?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I've dropped all my DC books for the first time in my life after HIC #8 came out.

And now I'm glad that I did. Not even out of anger but it's just left such a bad taste in my mouth for DC. Im even taking a break from DC back issues since DC over all just feels so tainted to me.

As far as what we can do. Just stop buying. It worked a few years ago and got us Rebirth. And it looks like it's just on the edge of being there again as Didios control has once again driven DC into the ground in the last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    retaliation is a strong word and can be taken out of context,you want change stop buying DC comics and vote with your wallet last time we did they gave us rebirth.
    Y'know, some days I wonder if things would have been better off if they had just stayed with the New52 and not given us Rebirth, considering where that has eventually led us to.

I was buying more books from DC under New52/DCYou than I am now.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, first they gave us a "Wally West", but not the version people wanted.

Then they brought back the OG Wally West in Geoff Johns' DC Universe: Rebirth. But look what that eventually led to.

Do people really trust those currently in charge of DC to try yet again, or would it be best to wait until conditions at DC have changed first?

Y'know, some days I wonder if things would have been better off if they had just stayed with the New52 and not given us Rebirth, considering where that has eventually led us to.

I was buying more books from DC under New52/DCYou than I am now.
    I was buying a decent amount of titles at the start of New 52, about 10, but by the end of it I was down to about 4 or 5.

With Rebirth I was buying about 20 titles. And most of them.were twice monthly. Now that we're in New 52 2.0 I was back to about 5 titles (before I dropped DC completely after HIC 8)

So I would have to disagree as I really enjoyed Rebirth and had at least some period in time were I had really good comics.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Please go outside and stop building your personality around corporate IPs.

These characters were killed and killed
    Again and again to the point they be came
    Characters to me and nothing more.
    Because I love to read Super Heroes
    And enjoy the likes of Superman
    And Batman I still love sitting down
    And reading some stories,
    But changes do not effect me no
    Longer. I stopped following single
    Issues because of the flip flopping
    And now just buy collected editions
    With material from this year and
    Decades in the past.
    Why should I punish my self
    Because an employee decided to
    Make changes to characters I like?
    If it is good I buy the trade and
    If bad, there are many trades
    With stories I want to read
    Waiting for my money and attention

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Please go outside and stop building your personality around corporate IPs.
    I can't go outside.

The weather is threatening, and it's a bad time of year for seasonal allergies . . .

BANNED

those who agitate should instead cogitate.

Fantastic Member

Retaliation? heck' no. I didn't care for the title, in my opinion, a very poorly executed story, needless character assassination, just for shock value. Retaliation, nope' just won't buy print issues or the trade. Sales, will get any message across. If the majority don't like it, then obviously sales poor.

Fantastic Member

Then again, could kill all the DC editorial, travel to the future' say five days' kill my future self, leave that body of mine to be discovered in the present. Can't pin anything on me as I'm dead. I'll have five days then to frame Tom King for the murders and......what? It's been done already. D' oh!

BANNED

I understand The Flash redundancy problem with Barry Allen being back, but there are things the powers that be could have done with Wally West that don't involve death or character assassination. Dan DiDio is literally crazy.

The best thing you can do is stop buying ALL DC products. I haven't bought a DC product since 2016 or so, and I sold off my entire DC figure collection and even some rare valuable comics. I don't regret it. I even kind of lost a lot of the love for the characters I used to have. I think attempting to follow DC was a learning experience and a stage in my overall development. I had a feeling DC didn't want me around, but I gave the company the benefit of the doubt a lot. But, true enough, DC just plain did not want me around. It wasn't a "feeling", it was a fact. I eventually just accepted that and didn't want to be around anymore. DC is essentially telling Wally West fans the same thing and has been for years and years.

If you're really, really upset by the company, the only sound thing to do is cut your losses and end your relationship with the company. I still keep tabs on what DC is up to just because I love comics to death and DC is a big part of comics, but I WILL NOT spend ANY money on ANY DC products. I don't care if it's a comic, a movie, a figure, or whatever. And I don't even have a desire to. It's not like I'm tempted to do that. All this being said, I'm not all that interested in Marvel, either, but I have no problems buying their stuff if it interests me.

More than anything where these companies are concerned, I'm actually just waiting for both of them to have some kind of collapse or massive shift in how they do business, which will happen inevitably, just so comics can reach the next stage in their evolution already. I'm of the mind that Marvel, DC, and Diamond are just holding things back in a lot of ways.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 05-30-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Seriously, just don't read stuff you don't like. It's not that crazy a concept. Read what you like and drop what isn't working for you.