Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Just curious. I haven't bought DC Comics in quite a while - just out of boredom for the direction of most of the titles. JSA was the last regular title I bought and Justice was the last special series I bought.

But for those of you disgusted by HIC, are you going to retaliate against the company or just fume a little and keep moving on?
    This is how we end up with mess like comicgate.

Fans feeling entitled to attack a company over books and eventually attracts folks who don't care for those books but love to troll.

The best thing to do about DC is KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.

That applies to comics, tv shows and movies. ALL OF THEM.

Why would I support Naomi when all those others I support got trashed by the management?

And if you MUST have a DC title-discount bins and bundles are your friend. The last 550 DC books I have bought have come from 25 cent bins.

And yes expect so-called fans to call you out for NOT supporting "certain" books especially ones with a green ring. Stand up to them.

It's not Wally West fans job to support Barry Allen.
    It's not John Stewart fans to support Hal or any other lantern.
    It's not Duke Thomas fans job to support Outsiders if he's being poorly written.
    If one is not happy with the direction of DC-they are under NO obligation to support any book.

That is the consequence of trashing characters.
    So if every book suffers-so be it.

Incredible Member

Only if not buying anything with Kings named attached to it counts as retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    It's simple, we send a massive amount of "Where's Waldo/Wally?" books to DC HQ.
    That would be hilarious.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Retalliation is a heavy word. And conjures up images of torches and pitchforks.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, Lee. That's okay for the Frankenstein Monster and the Wolf Man, but DC management shouldn't get anything more than your coin spent elsewhere or maybe a civilly-written letter voicing your displeasure.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

I'll stick to the time honored tradition of angry internet posts.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking, Lee. That's okay for the Frankenstein Monster and the Wolf Man, but DC management shouldn't get anything more than your coin spent elsewhere or maybe a civilly-written letter voicing your displeasure.
    No, it's not. Frankenstein just woke up confused AF, there was no reason for a mob at his doorstep. Poor guy.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    No, it's not. Frankenstein just woke up confused AF, there was no reason for a mob at his doorstep. Poor guy.
    I mean he did kill that one girl on accident. Maybe that's where DC got the idea for Wally?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, I meant that he's not actually real, but point taken. Besides, IMO, Larry Talbot is the more sympathetic of the two.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectacular Member

Yeah, HiC was the exact opposite of DC Rebirth for me:

Rebirth had me and I bought soooooo many comics.

HiC has led me to cut almost all of my holds. Really only in for Doomsday Clock now, which is *gasp* a Johns title.

Johns is the true DC hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Yeah, HiC was the exact opposite of DC Rebirth for me:

Rebirth had me and I bought soooooo many comics.

HiC has led me to cut almost all of my holds. Really only in for Doomsday Clock now, which is *gasp* a Johns title.

Johns is the true DC hero.
    And is Tom King the "anti-Johns"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And is Tom King the "anti-Johns"?
    Don't be silly...
    You know who the Anti-Johns is!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Y'know, some days I wonder if things would have been better off if they had just stayed with the New52 and not given us Rebirth, considering where that has eventually led us to.

I was buying more books from DC under New52/DCYou than I am now.
    Shazam is the only book I am picking up that is on regular schedule. N52/DCyou I was picking up so much more even crap like Finch's WW!

Though I have hit comic book fatigue so suppose that could be a reason...
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Retaliation seems like a strong word but there is definitely a reaction where individuals are constantly ranting, have decided not to buy anything Tom King or have quit all things DC.

Now, if someone wants to retaliate they can go a little bit on the troll side and make an online petition that is about wanting DC to make HIC out of continuity or something and watch comic creators lose their heads. If you were on twitter during the time GoT was airing it's last season you might have seen how defensive some of them were about fans being negative towards the GoT creators, they were acting like they were being criticized and then when GoT fans decided to make that GoT petition it just took some of those comics creators to another notch.

I don't encourage this tho that's immediately what I thought of when I saw the word retaliate.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 05-31-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Glad to see there are some cooler heads out here in internet land. Seriously, the level of vitriol has been off-putting in the extreme. Makes me long for the days when our chief point of communication as fans was either at conventions or in the letters published in the back of our favorite comics. I would not want to show a new fan trying to get into comic books a lot of what goes up on certain threads for fear of turning them off completely from the hobby. At the end of the day it's about reading what you like. Live and let live.

Amazing Member

The only retaliation I have planned is to quit DCUO (Which admittedly I haven't been playing lately) and trade in Injustice 2 so I can be completely done with DC. When you're unhappy with a product and you feel that the people behind it don't care about you or your opinion, why bother to stick around and give them your time and money?