"This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Didn't stop Jeen from trying did it?
    teenagers are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think they will be at odds as much as everyone thinks. I keep going to the Jean Grey mini where Ghost Jean and Emma are working together. Sure they aren't BFF's or anything, but I also felt that they respected each other's opinions more than most people think. Emma's affair with Scott was a long time ago, and I don't think either character has as much animosity as most people thing they do. But they aren't going to be close friends either, probably nothing more than work colleagues at best.
    Jean should have lots of animosity. What Emma did shouldn't get a free pass, never

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean should have lots of animosity. What Emma did shouldn't get a free pass, never
    Again, she is totally willing to forgive someone trying to murder her son and adopted grand daughter, try an empathy treatment on possible the most evil enemy the X-Men have ever faced, and forgive Magneto who is responsible for her death. Yet can never forgive Emma. Right...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Please, don't turn this into another shipping/character bashing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, Poccy should be on top of Scott's list. It's one thing to hurt a person, it's another thing entirely to screw up the life of that person's best friend and of his son. Also the whole possession business.
    It always surprises me how many people name Sinister but ignore Apocalypse. He has screwed Scott's life (and Cable's) as much as Sinister.

Again, she is totally willing to forgive someone trying to murder her son and adopted grand daughter, try an empathy treatment on possible the most evil enemy the X-Men have ever faced, and forgive Magneto who is responsible for her death. Yet can never forgive Emma. Right...
    Magneto didn't killed Jean and Bishop had good intentions, he didn't decided to ikll people out of spiet.
    Emma didn't even waited Jean body get cold to get into Scott, never respected Jean all these years that Jean was dead. Jean would be really dumb to forgive and respect |Emma

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

It always surprises me how many people name Sinister but ignore Apocalypse. He has screwed Scott's life (and Cable's) as much as Sinister.
    Yep, the two of them created quite a mess for Scott.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Magneto didn't killed Jean and Bishop had good intentions, he didn't decided to ikll people out of spiet.
    Emma didn't even waited Jean body get cold to get into Scott, never respected Jean all these years that Jean was dead. Jean would be really dumb to forgive and respect |Emma
    She also forgave Black Bolt, who tried to murder the entire mutant race. And Liliandra for trying to have her executed. She even forgave Jason Wyngarde who basically raped her.

The point is to never forgive someone for something relatively small when you are completely willing to forgive murder, genocide, and worse is entirely petty, and thankfully 100% out of character for Jean.

Sinister is a personal thing Sinister targets Cyclops and his family, Apocalypse is when written correctly is a basically force of nature and isn't generally focusing on anyone. Beside it is Sinister who cause Apocalypse to mess with Cyclops and fam

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I think the argument of forgiveness is moot really. Because Emma isn't repentant. She doesn't regret what she did regarding Jean, and in fact is proud, noting that what was a nightmare for Jean was her love story -showing she feels entitled to that.

Emma doesn't seem to value Jean or care about having her forgiveness & friendship. In turn, Jean probably shouldn't be thinking too much about her either / trying to be her friend.

Understandable Jean fans who dislike Emma wanna see Jean clobber the Hell out of her. Been there done that myself as a fan. But Emma is too popular a character for that and at best Jean can cooperate with her if need be but would rather not waste unnecessary time with / on her. There won't be any cases of Jean going after or getting over on Emma.

No point in worrying about forgiving a person that doesn't give a damn whether you do or not. Just control & find ways to move past the anger they may trigger in you, then cut them off.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-31-2019 at 09:10 PM.

?????

Didn’t Jean confront Emma almost right after and rip her mind apart for it? Emma made it clear this wasn’t to get back at Jean and that she had really fallen in love with Scott. I’m sure she is sorry but it still wouldn’t erase her genuine feelings.

She also forgave Black Bolt, who tried to murder the entire mutant race. And Liliandra for trying to have her executed.
    If Black Bolt wanted to murder the mutant race he would have done so.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Nate Grey had his own villains but they were really one and done villains.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    If Black Bolt wanted to murder the mutant race he would have done so.
    He didn't need to try too hard. Most of the X-Men weren't exactly trying to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think the argument of forgiveness is moot really. Because Emma isn't repentant. She doesn't regret what she did regarding Jean, and in fact is proud, noting that what was a nightmare for Jean was her love story -showing she feels entitled to that.

Emma doesn't seem to value Jean or care about having her forgiveness & friendship. In turn, Jean probably shouldn't be thinking too much about her either / trying to be her friend.

Understandable Jean fans who dislike Emma wanna see Jean clobber the Hell out of her. Been there done that myself as a fan. But Emma is too popular a character for that and at best Jean can cooperate with her if need be but would rather not waste unnecessary time with / on her. There won't be any cases of Jean going after or getting over on Emma.

No point in worrying about forgiving a person that doesn't give a damn whether you do or not. Just control & find ways to move past the anger they may trigger in you, then cut them off.

Beautiful, this post is pure perfection. You hit all the points, really good

There isn't any reason to jean forgive emma, since Emma never apologize or felt bad for anything she did to Jean.
    Emma almost killed Hope when she thought she could be Jean reincarnating.
    When people quote the Jean grey issue that she worked with ghost jean (not Jean grey that was on a cafe all the time) it is pretty telling what side they are on. Emma was entitled to the **** she done and not over for a moment she felt bad.

All these toher people felt bad, Emma never felt and never will. She flats out hate jean

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ?????

Didn’t Jean confront Emma almost right after and rip her mind apart for it? Emma made it clear this wasn’t to get back at Jean and that she had really fallen in love with Scott. I’m sure she is sorry but it still wouldn’t erase her genuine feelings.
    She felt in love with Scott, but her intention was destroying the marriage to screw over jean