On the DC Comics forum, someone asked for ideas to fix DC's "Broken Toys" without completely ignoring the broken parts. This was my idea for Donna Troy.

The recent issue of Justice League threw some shade at non-World's Finest heroes by claiming that Superman and Batman were so important that the 5th Dimension assigned imps to monitor each hero: Mister Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite. I chaffed a bit at the idea that only those two of the Trinity have imps (especially considering that Aquaman had Qwisp). This got me musing if Wonder Woman had an imp, what would he/she/it be like. Then it dawned on me that Diana has a readily available candidate from her mythos: Wonder Tot!

What if Wonder Tot were a 5th dimensional imp so enamored by Wonder Woman that she came to the 3rd dimension one day. Obviously, she would be responsible for the "Impossible Stories" from the Silver Age. Wonder Tot had her fun--in addition to roping in Diana and Hippolyta--by creating a "Wonder Girl." Then, one day, Wonder Tot goes back to the 5th Dimension and everything goes back to normal for Wonder Woman and "Wonder Girl" ceases to exist.

Some time later, peeking back into the 3rd dimension, Wonder Tot saw that the Bat- and Supe- Families have too may proteges and decided Diana needed one as well. Finding an abandoned baby girl in danger of dying, Wonder Tot arranges Diana to get to that location. History unfolds and Diana saves Donna from the fire and subsequently becomes her ward and sister.

Wonder Tot follows Donna's growth to become a real version of the Impossible Wonder Girl--and adores her as well as Diana. In the cataclysmic COIE, Wonder Tot is unable to save Diana from regression, but is able to use (all) her abilities to save Donna Troy from the ravages of the Crisis...and falls into a coma. Wonder Tot's 5th dimensional interventions have a lasting effect and creates irregularities and inconsistencies for Donna in each evolution/iteration of the DCU--as the Metaverse continually tries to reset and rewrite itself.

When Wonder Tot finally heals and comes out of her coma, she works with Wonder Woman to remove the irregularities and inconsistencies caused by her 5th Dimensional Magic/Impossibilities...and thereby fully restore Donna Troy as the adoptive sister of Diana in any and all iterations of the Wonder Woman mythos.