Spectacular Member

Default Idea: Wonder Tot as 5th Dimension Imp for Diana/Donna

On the DC Comics forum, someone asked for ideas to fix DC's "Broken Toys" without completely ignoring the broken parts. This was my idea for Donna Troy.

The recent issue of Justice League threw some shade at non-World's Finest heroes by claiming that Superman and Batman were so important that the 5th Dimension assigned imps to monitor each hero: Mister Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite. I chaffed a bit at the idea that only those two of the Trinity have imps (especially considering that Aquaman had Qwisp). This got me musing if Wonder Woman had an imp, what would he/she/it be like. Then it dawned on me that Diana has a readily available candidate from her mythos: Wonder Tot!

What if Wonder Tot were a 5th dimensional imp so enamored by Wonder Woman that she came to the 3rd dimension one day. Obviously, she would be responsible for the "Impossible Stories" from the Silver Age. Wonder Tot had her fun--in addition to roping in Diana and Hippolyta--by creating a "Wonder Girl." Then, one day, Wonder Tot goes back to the 5th Dimension and everything goes back to normal for Wonder Woman and "Wonder Girl" ceases to exist.

Some time later, peeking back into the 3rd dimension, Wonder Tot saw that the Bat- and Supe- Families have too may proteges and decided Diana needed one as well. Finding an abandoned baby girl in danger of dying, Wonder Tot arranges Diana to get to that location. History unfolds and Diana saves Donna from the fire and subsequently becomes her ward and sister.

Wonder Tot follows Donna's growth to become a real version of the Impossible Wonder Girl--and adores her as well as Diana. In the cataclysmic COIE, Wonder Tot is unable to save Diana from regression, but is able to use (all) her abilities to save Donna Troy from the ravages of the Crisis...and falls into a coma. Wonder Tot's 5th dimensional interventions have a lasting effect and creates irregularities and inconsistencies for Donna in each evolution/iteration of the DCU--as the Metaverse continually tries to reset and rewrite itself.

When Wonder Tot finally heals and comes out of her coma, she works with Wonder Woman to remove the irregularities and inconsistencies caused by her 5th Dimensional Magic/Impossibilities...and thereby fully restore Donna Troy as the adoptive sister of Diana in any and all iterations of the Wonder Woman mythos.

I've heard of Wonder Tot being a 5th dimension imp before but don't remember where. You could have maybe posted it another thread. I think it's a great idea and the way you have her impacting Donna's origin is really clever.

That could work and maybe blend it a bit with Genro/Mr. Genie, who I think was retconned into being a Fifth Dimensional imp too.

Regardless, it's annoying to only have Bat-Mite and Mxy as players when Qwsp and Genro also exist. It would have been a lot more fun to go for a deep dive on 5D characters and not just the two most notable ones.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    That could work and maybe blend it a bit with Genro/Mr. Genie, who I think was retconned into being a Fifth Dimensional imp too.

Regardless, it's annoying to only have Bat-Mite and Mxy as players when Qwsp and Genro also exist. It would have been a lot more fun to go for a deep dive on 5D characters and not just the two most notable ones.

I was think the same thing about Qwsp although I wasn't aware of Genro until now. It would have been a great idea to include them both in JL's current 6th Dimension storyline.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    When was Mr Genie retconned to be an imp? I can't find any reference for that. Only a Reddit post claiming he's 5th dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    When was Mr Genie retconned to be an imp? I can't find any reference for that. Only a Reddit post claiming he's 5th dimensional.
    oops, read that character name wrong, never mind.
    Last edited by LordMikel; 06-05-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    I think its people simply assuming he is since other genies have been established to be fifth dimensional such as the one who was on the JSA

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I think its people simply assuming he is since other genies have been established to be fifth dimensional such as the one who was on the JSA

Ah! Gotcha. Either way, Mr Genie/Genro could work as an imp.

Amazing Member

Mr genie: 5th dimensional imp

I like the idea.

I've been playing around with Mr. Genie in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee and also included another long lost Wonder character in having a link to the 5D.