Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Godzilla vs The Avengers

Spoilers for Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Legendary Godzilla appears beside the Avengers upper New York Facility, instead of Thanos in Endgame. Can he take down the super team?

Round two: The Avengers get Thanos's help Godzilla gets Ghidorah, Rodan, Kong(skull island), and Mothra.

Round three: Godzilla is at full Power.

No infinity Gauntlet.

If they fight them conventionally, the Titans are going to stomp all over them. Literally. Even Thanos' ship will get pulled out of the sky and smashed to pieces.

Ghidorahs sheer presence will be devastating to the fodder members of the Endgame armies, good and bad alike as Category 6 hurricane conditions toss them about and mess with their senses.

Rodan can divebomb over the battlefield and slaughter wizards and outriders alike with city killing winds and sonic booms.

Godzilla can one shot spacewhales and force both sides into a defensive posture, utterly ignoring their returned fire. Captain Marvel could like... maybe strike his head and potentially knock him over, but that's no big deal.

Stormbreaker is the only thing I see managing to do damage, but even it can only cut so deep.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

However!! BFR and Pym shrinking shenanigans can still play a major role here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Round 1: I'm assuming ALL the Avengers are present and accounted for, along with their reinforcements. Otherwise, it would be extremely one-sided.

Captain Marvel, Thor, Captain Thormerica, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, and the army of sorcerers -- they're the only ones that have a shot at bringing the King of the Monsters down. Captain Marvel, Thor, and Thormerica have enough raw power to distract Godzilla; however, they're nowhere near strong enough to hurt him. Godzilla is durable enough to tank a nuke blowing up in his face. He's done this twice. Doctor Strange and his army of sorcerers can bypass Godzilla's durability altogether through a series of Sling Ring bisections. We know the Sling Rings can open up massive portals. Then Strange can try to dimension dump Godzilla (I suppose Thor could try and do the same by summoning the Bifrost).

Ant-Man is there to use Pym Particles to mess with Godzilla's size, or shrink down and wreck Godzilla on a cellular/molecular level.

Of course, Godzilla is one Atomic Blast away from wiping out the sorcerers.

Round 2: Oh my, God -- zilla. King Ghidorah alone could do this. His mere presence generates lightning strikes that were disintegrating people. There's a chance Thor's lightning powers him up to the point where he unleashes a massive electrical storm. And if by chance they somehow hurt him, Ghidorah's healing factor would negate all that. But Ghidorah isn't alone. There's Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and Kong. Overkill.

Round 3: Time is of the essence. Getting hit by this Godzilla's Nuclear Pulse is the equivalent to getting hit by an actual nuke. His godlike durability is even more impressive (no-sold Ghidorah's Gravity Beams) and his Atomic Breath received an upgrade (completely disintegrated Ghidorah's head). Hell, this Godzilla's mere presence was reducing skyscrapers to molten slag. The MCU heroes/villains have moments to get their act together.
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 05-31-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Oh, yeah. Burning Godzilla was no joke.

His first pulse completely vaporized the wings of a creature who was previously tanking his breath with ease.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh, yeah. Burning Godzilla was no joke.

His first pulse completely vaporized the wings of a creature who was previously tanking his breath with ease.
    Not only that, but the second pulse disintegrated two of Ghidorah's heads.

I suspect MonsterVerse Burning Godzilla received a strength upgrade, too. His heavy stomp caved in Ghidorah's chest. He did something similar to the Female MUTO back in 2014, except all it did was pin her down.

Speaking of strength, Godzilla was physically tossing Ghidorah around like it was nothing. MonsterVerse King Ghidorah weighs 141,056 tons. It seems like that's above MCU's paygrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Not only that, but the second pulse disintegrated two of Ghidorah's heads.

I suspect MonsterVerse Burning Godzilla received a strength upgrade, too. His heavy stomp caved in Ghidorah's chest. He did something similar to the Female MUTO back in 2014, except all it did was pin her down.

Speaking of strength, Godzilla was physically tossing Ghidorah around like it was nothing. MonsterVerse King Ghidorah weighs 141,056 tons. It seems like that's above MCU's paygrade.
    His stats were through the roof post upgrade yeah.

Heck, even the high altitude drop was probably nuke level given the speed and weight involved. The resulting shockwave as well. He didnt LIKE that but he wasn't KO'd either.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Round 1: I'm assuming ALL the Avengers are present and accounted for, along with their reinforcements. Otherwise, it would be extremely one-sided.

Captain Marvel, Thor, Captain Thormerica, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, and the army of sorcerers -- they're the only ones that have a shot at bringing the King of the Monsters down. Captain Marvel, Thor, and Thormerica have enough raw power to distract Godzilla; however, they're nowhere near strong enough to hurt him. Godzilla is durable enough to tank a nuke blowing up in his face. He's done this twice. Doctor Strange and his army of sorcerers can bypass Godzilla's durability altogether through a series of Sling Ring bisections. We know the Sling Rings can open up massive portals. Then Strange can try to dimension dump Godzilla (I suppose Thor could try and do the same by summoning the Bifrost).
    Actually, according to WoG from the directors Sling Ring bissection does not bypass durability. When asked by Strange didn't cut off Thanos arm via Sling Ring, they said Thanos was too tough for it to work

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Actually, according to WoG from the directors Sling Ring bissection does not bypass durability. When asked by Strange didn't cut off Thanos arm via Sling Ring, they said Thanos was too tough for it to work
    Ok. People need to STAHP asking the Russos questions lol. They just say weirder and weirder stuff with no in-movie evidence to back it up!
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Ok. People need to STAHP asking the Russos questions lol. They just say weirder and weirder stuff with no in-movie evidence to back it up!
    I mean, the explanation they gave makes perfect sense.

Hmm. What did they say exactly? Because we know for a fact Sling Rings do bypass durability (poor Cull Obsidian found that out the hard way).

I mean, the explanation they gave makes perfect sense.
    ...does it? Cull is Hulk level and it worked fine. Yes, Thanos is Hulk+ for SURE but he's not like 100x more durable. More like... well I dunno. Pick a number between 2x and 10x lol.

As Cthulhu once put it... fighting the sling rings shouldn't be a durability issue. "Your not fighting damage... you are fighting geography".

The WoG the Russos throw out is crazy. They said HALF THE PLANT LIFE DIED in the snap. Buuuuuut we literally see forrests and fields of grass where NOTHING HAPPENS. They also said the star Dwarves built a weakness into the IG for Stormbreaker to exploit despite no in-movie explanation. It's just... weird!
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Hmm. What did they say exactly? Because we know for a fact Sling Rings do bypass durability (poor Cull Obsidian found that out the hard way).
    No, there's literally nothing in the Cull Obsidian scene indicating that the portal cut bypasses durability. All that scene shows is the Cull Obsidian isn't tough enough to not be cut by it.

https://www.lowyat.net/2019/185140/r...holes-endgame/

“Thanos’ skin is almost impenetrable, we don’t know whether Doctor Strange had the capability to do it. If he failed to cut it on time, Thanos would still able to do the snap. Doctor Strange realized this issue during his millions of test runs.”

No, there's literally nothing in the Cull Obsidian scene indicating that the portal cut bypasses durability. All that scene shows is the Cull Obsidian isn't tough enough to not be cut by it.

https://www.lowyat.net/2019/185140/r...holes-endgame/
    I don't why durability should even matter. The sling ring is not trying to actively chop you; it's straight up teleportation with a part of you staying where you are while the other part gets teleported. Durability has no bearing.

The WoG the Russos throw out is crazy. They said HALF THE PLANT LIFE DIED in the snap. Buuuuuut we literally see forrests and fields of grass where NOTHING HAPPENS. They also said the star Dwarves built a weakness into the IG for Stormbreaker to exploit despite no in-movie explanation. It's just... weird!
    Honestly, I'd ignore WoG ?

Cuz like, if we don't, then it means Cap kissed (romantically) his great niece. Wait no .. that's just plot.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan