Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Godzilla is durable enough to tank a nuke blowing up in his face. He's done this twice.
    One note: If anything, this actually discounts Godzilla's nuke feats, as the movie definitely shows that Godzilla does not take damage from nukes but heals him. I.e. any displays of "tanking nukes" from him would be automatically suspect due to going from "near death" to "150% capacity going into burning mode" with a nuke to the face. This is in the same vein as Ghidora not taking damage from the oxygen destroyer, but almost killing Godzilla due to plot reasons. Simply put, now one simply cannot make the case that "tanking a nuke" means anything towards durability as far as this version of Godzilla is concerned.

Not that it matters, because this Godzilla has durability feats applenty. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    One note: If anything, this actually discounts Godzilla's nuke feats, as the movie definitely shows that Godzilla does not take damage from nukes but heals him. I.e. any displays of "tanking nukes" from him would be automatically suspect due to going from "near death" to "150% capacity going into burning mode" with a nuke to the face. This is in the same vein as Ghidora not taking damage from the oxygen destroyer, but almost killing Godzilla due to plot reasons. Simply put, now one simply cannot make the case that "tanking a nuke" means anything towards durability as far as this version of Godzilla is concerned.

Not that it matters, because this Godzilla has durability feats applenty. Carry on.
    That was my biggest complaint with the movie tbh. The nuke stuff. Well, wormholes was pretty weird too lol.

But the nuke scene was weird because they have nuked Godzilla before. Numerous times. Some of it on film. Dude has never gotten a huge boost or gone critical from it before. I think one of the canon comics has it happen as well. And the times he was nuked in the past, he wasn't nearly dead moments before the nuking.

Why did it supercharge him?? The way radiation works with nuclear detonations it REALLY shouldn't. Like... an apple is people food. But if a professional baseball player fastballs an apple at a burn victim... they WON'T feel better lol.

The radiation to kinetic damage oomph ratio just doesn't work out in his favor.

Besides, the area he was chilling had mega lethal doses of radiation already being emitted. At the rate Serizawa was dying, it was probably twice hiroshimas radiation being dumped out every hour. Like 10k Roetgen (sp?) an hour to be that deadly in full gear.

So THAT alone should have done waaay more than the nuke.

So I'm left having to make theories. Never a good thing. My theory is that the nuke opened up the wellspring of radiation Godzilla was slow drip feeding from and allowed him to absorb all that untold ammount of radiation in his home at once.

See what I mean?? It was just a weird scene and the audience should never have to fill in gaps like that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I don't why durability should even matter. The sling ring is not trying to actively chop you; it's straight up teleportation with a part of you staying where you are while the other part gets teleported. Durability has no bearing.
    I see no reason to assume thing. The portal presumably needs to close in order for the portal cut to happen, and acting like it can go through anything based on only one example is a no limits fallacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Honestly, I'd ignore WoG ?

Cuz like, if we don't, then it means Cap kissed (romantically) his great niece. Wait no .. that's just plot.
    No it doesn't. The directors have said that Cap lived in an alternate timeline, which is what the films back up. Sharon isn't related to him

Lang could just shrink them down to the size of keychains or even smaller; the Avengers should win pretty handily.

Barring that, I guess they could rely on Strange to BFR them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I see no reason to assume thing. The portal presumably needs to close in order for the portal cut to happen, and acting like it can go through anything based on only one example is a no limits fallacy

No it doesn't. The directors have said that Cap lived in an alternate timeline, which is what the films back up. Sharon isn't related to him
    Like I said, ignore WoG. They're pulling a J.K Rowling.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    His stats were through the roof post upgrade yeah.

Heck, even the high altitude drop was probably nuke level given the speed and weight involved. The resulting shockwave as well. He didnt LIKE that but he wasn't KO'd either.
    He can't fly, but he falls with style.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Like I said, ignore WoG. They're pulling a J.K Rowling.
    No, they're just stating the obvious.

I see no reason to ignore word of God when it solves the obvious plothole of Strange just teleporting Thanos head off when he was docile. It shows they did think that through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, they're just stating the obvious.
    It couldn't have created an alternate timeline, since he returned to the present (prime) timeline by simply allowing the flow of time to continue. It's just a plot hole, the WoG saying "buh well it's an alternate timeline" doesn't much fix that.

Arx Inosaan

It couldn't have created an alternate timeline, since he returned to the present (prime) timeline by simply allowing the flow of time to continue. It's just a plot hole, the WoG saying "buh well it's an alternate timeline" doesn't much fix that.
    It does tho. MCU time travel works like 616 time travel in that it creates new timelines. Cap returned from his new timeline somehow, and it's the best WoG we have.

I don't like to think that Cap went back in time and did nothing as so many evil **** happened in the world. Seems very out of character.

The film does a **** job at showing it however, but in a way did show it. Theres no way the shield could survive if it was a timeloop scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    It does tho. MCU time travel works like 616 time travel in that it creates new timelines. Cap returned from his new timeline somehow, and it's the best WoG we have.

I don't like to think that Cap went back in time and did nothing as so many evil **** happened in the world. Seems very out of character.

The film does a **** job at showing it however, but in a way did show it. Theres no way the shield could survive if it was a timeloop scenario.
    It'd break the rules of how the alt timelines work if he 'somehow' returned to the prime timeline. The WoG response causes the same plot hole it fixes, from a different angle.

Arx Inosaan

It'd break the rules of how the alt timelines work if he 'somehow' returned to the prime timeline. The WoG response causes the same plot hole it fixes, from a different angle.
    Not really. Thanos and his ship travelled from an alt timeline to the real one. Cap just has to get his in universe Hank to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Not really. Thanos and his ship travelled from an alt timeline to the real one. Cap just has to get his in universe Hank to do it.
    By using the return device Tony/Hulk created and gave Nebula. But this is pulling away from the thread topic itself so ... back onto that. This is Godzilla and Co.'s fight to lose in all three rounds really. Only tricky bit is the Pym Particles.

Arx Inosaan

By using the return device Tony/Hulk created and gave Nebula. But this is pulling away from the thread topic itself so ... back onto that. This is Godzilla and Co.'s fight to lose in all three rounds really. Only tricky bit is the Pym Particles.
    We can talk about it in pms if ur down. I agree with you tho, pym particles can shrink the Kaiju down to like small building size lol.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, I'd ignore WoG ?

Cuz like, if we don't, then it means Cap kissed (romantically) his great niece. Wait no .. that's just plot.
    To be fair, she wasn't his great niece in the main timeline, and depending on which side of the family she was related to Peggy through, she is either not related to Steve by blood, or not related to either Steve or Peggy by blood.

Also, Cap still had Tony's time GPS on hand since he was supposed to come back after returning all the Stones and Mjolnir, and it was shown to let them travel between alternate timelines and the main one after they created a branch where Loki escaped with the Tesseract.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-02-2019 at 08:29 AM.