Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    We can talk about it in pms if ur down. I agree with you tho, pym particles can shrink the Kaiju down to like small building size lol.
    Didn't Scott keep some measure of his normal sized strength and weight despite shrinking?

Like, if they make Godzilla the size of a T-Rex, wouldn't he still be an absurdly strong T-Rex?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I see no reason to assume thing. The portal presumably needs to close in order for the portal cut to happen, and acting like it can go through anything based on only one example is a no limits fallacy

No it doesn't. The directors have said that Cap lived in an alternate timeline, which is what the films back up. Sharon isn't related to him
    I mean, the portal is already a tear in the fabric of space and time, which had to be actively powered. I'm willing to bet that Thanos and Godzilla are less physically durable than the concept of distance, and don't have the ability to personally power a Sling Ring portal that is no longer being fueled by a sorcerer, unless they happen to have the Space or Reality Stone on hand.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Didn't Scott keep some measure of his normal sized strength and weight despite shrinking?

Like, if they make Godzilla the size of a T-Rex, wouldn't he still be an absurdly strong T-Rex?
    Considering that he was flipping around Black Widow while Ant Sized, shrinking him down would just mean that you're dealing with a very concentrated form of Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    One note: If anything, this actually discounts Godzilla's nuke feats, as the movie definitely shows that Godzilla does not take damage from nukes but heals him. I.e. any displays of "tanking nukes" from him would be automatically suspect due to going from "near death" to "150% capacity going into burning mode" with a nuke to the face. This is in the same vein as Ghidora not taking damage from the oxygen destroyer, but almost killing Godzilla due to plot reasons. Simply put, now one simply cannot make the case that "tanking a nuke" means anything towards durability as far as this version of Godzilla is concerned.
    That's a reasonable argument. You're right about the Ghidorah/Oxygen Destroyer example. I'm not prepared to discount Godzilla's nuke feat just yet for the following reasons:

Nuclear explosions are dangerous because of the radiation, the heat, and the shockwave. Godzilla is strengthened by the radiation but completely resisted the heat and shockwave. Do you think Godzilla soaking up all that radiation instantaneously counterbalanced the heat and explosive force? That might be the case, what with Burning Godzilla's radioactive upgrade augmenting his stats.

At the very least, Godzilla surviving the Oxygen Destroyer might count as something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    That's a reasonable argument. You're right about the Ghidorah/Oxygen Destroyer example. I'm not prepared to discount Godzilla's nuke feat just yet for the following reasons:

Nuclear explosions are dangerous because of the radiation, the heat, and the shockwave. Godzilla is strengthened by the radiation but completely resisted the heat and shockwave. Do you think Godzilla soaking up all that radiation instantaneously counterbalanced the heat and explosive force? That might be the case, what with Burning Godzilla's radioactive upgrade augmenting his stats.

At the very least, Godzilla surviving the Oxygen Destroyer might count as something.
    Did you read my thoughts on the nuke stuff? Curious what your take is on them
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Why is Mothra even here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    Why is Mothra even here?
    She can effectively act as an enormous flash bang. Web up huge chunks of soldiers. Smash up parts of Thanos' ship etc
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    We can talk about it in pms if ur down. I agree with you tho, pym particles can shrink the Kaiju down to like small building size lol.
    We'll need Terry Crews.

She can effectively act as an enormous flash bang. Web up huge chunks of soldiers. Smash up parts of Thanos' ship etc
    She also healed Godzilla, when she did her rendition of "Final Flash", and presumably amped him ? Though not too sure on that bit.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Considering that he was flipping around Black Widow while Ant Sized, shrinking him down would just mean that you're dealing with a very concentrated form of Godzilla.
    Wouldn't that mean Giant Man would be as tough as a floating balloon when he's gigantic?

Mirror dimension dump would be their only chance.

Did you read my thoughts on the nuke stuff? Curious what your take is on them
    I did. You made good points. While I don't think I can adequately answer your questions or assuage your concerns, I'll do my best.

I've never claimed Godzilla tanked a nuke in the 2014 film. I've firmly stated for years that he survived a point-blank nuclear explosion. Up 'till now, we never knew what condition he was in. Now we know he laughed it off. So then why didn't the Castle Bravo bomb, which was in the 15 megaton range, turn him into Burning Godzilla? Honestly, we don't know if it did or didn't. I'd imagine it didn't because otherwise, he would've gone nuclear, right? Maybe it bulked him up but a second or third nuke would've done the trick? It's circumstantial at this point.

I like your explanation. We know in G: KOTM, Godzilla was exposed to tremendous amounts of radiation (nuclear bomb + G's lair of radioactive deposits). That's similar to how Heisei Godzilla acquired his burning state in the '90s film (he was exposed to underground uranium deposits that melted down his home island).

So, I think Serizawa's nuke revitalized him, but the nuclear explosion exposed him to radiation levels that he's typically not unaccustomed to absorbing. It's the comic book equivalent to Superman taking a dip in the Sun.

That's why Mothra played a crucial role. Because of her sacrifice, Godzilla was able to control it in the end.

Mighty Member

Maybe the oxygen destroyer acted as a nuclear damper and the nuke just started him up again. Godzilla being in the radioactive temple could had added extra fuel before the restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    So then why didn't the Castle Bravo bomb, which was in the 15 megaton range, turn him into Burning Godzilla? Honestly, we don't know if it did or didn't. I'd imagine it didn't because otherwise, he would've gone nuclear, right? Maybe it bulked him up but a second or third nuke would've done the trick? It's circumstantial at this point.

That's why Mothra played a crucial role. Because of her sacrifice, Godzilla was able to control it in the end.
    My take on it is, he took no damage from the castle bravo explosions the same way he tanked the nuke to the face, i.e. he ate it. That had revitalized and fed him, but what really triggered "burning mode" was the particles of Mothra, which were very explicitly sprinkled over him immediately prior to burning mode. Yes, the narration says he was going to go burning anyway, but that's the only way to reconcile castle bravo and what happened in KoTM. It also gives more thematic weight to Mothra's sacrifice, which would turn out not to be meaningless.