Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Has it been established that Ma and Pa Kent were even alive in current continuity when Kon-El first entered the scene?

I though they had both died prior to Clark leaving Smallville and relocating to Metropolis before becoming publically known as Superman (similar to the way things had been in pre-CoIE stories).
    The Kents dying before Clark became Superman is the current continuity.

Despite that, there's an odd like from Conner in Young Justice #6.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy
    Like Pa Kent always said: 'Just farm. The answers will come.'

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    At the moment the Universe is changing, so I wouldnt be surprised if in one of the next Issues Martha and Jonathan just show up and Superman and Lois and Jonathan sit with them around the table at Smallville...
    However, if it hasn't yet, that doesn't mean it will change anytime soon.

Remember, Clark's parents weren't alive when he was Superman for his first nearly fifty years of being published (1938 until after CoIE in 1986), and they again weren't alive in continuity since after Flashpoint in 2011. So it's not even half of his existence as a character where they were still alive when Kal/Clark was active as Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Like Pa Kent always said: 'Just farm. The answers will come.'
    I try to ignore Bendis.
    Besides, who knows what bizarre scenario that could be involved with, like false memories implanted in Kon-El while his clone body was being grown.

All-New Member

Has it been established that Ma and Pa Kent were even alive in current continuity when Kon-El first entered the scene?

I though they had both died prior to Clark leaving Smallville and relocating to Metropolis before becoming publically known as Superman (similar to the way things had been in pre-CoIE stories).
    I was saying that under the assumption that DC was going to keep the Kents dead but let certain characters keep memories from pre-flashpoint, but I may have said this a bit too fast... who's too say DC won't somehow retcon it so that the Kents are alive in a point where Conner was around.

To dangerous for him, for Clark, for Jonathan Samuel Kent, for Lois etc.
    It also doesnt has such an Impact as Superman,Batman etc.

Best Idea for him is still to take the Nightwing Route, taking a Super-Hero Name which represents his older and mature self and distinguish himself from Superman...
    Like Nightwing did....I have to say that at the moment I am in favor of Steel Eagle,Steel Phoenix,Flamebird....

Flamebird would be a nice hommage to Krypton..
    Part of me would think that the general public would assume Conner adopted the Kent name due to how close the image of Superman has been with Lois Lane-Kent and maybe Clark as well (despite them almost never being seen together). At this point nobody remembers his secret identity of Conner Kent besides a select few. Sure there might be a few that would put 2 and 2 together and form a hypothesis that Clark is superman but honestly, people have come to that conclusion several times and every time some trickery is done to end that train of thought. Plus by now there is probably a pile of "evidence" that would say otherwise.

Also who's to say that Conner has to keep the Kent name.... he could drop it or change it to Conner White or just simply go by just Conner.
    Last edited by Bluekey89; 06-09-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Besides that there have been flashbacks to the Lemire run when he was living in Smallville with the Kents and the fact that he named the girl Martha. I wonder if this ties into Jor-El in anyway. Maybe when Jor-El gets returned to his proper place in history dying with Krypton then the Kents will be restored to their pre-Flashpoint status quo.

Conner should be Supernova.

I actually don't mind if Tim becomes the next Dr. Midnite.

Mighty Member

However, if it hasn't yet, that doesn't mean it will change anytime soon.

Remember, Clark's parents weren't alive when he was Superman for his first nearly fifty years of being published (1938 until after CoIE in 1986), and they again weren't alive in continuity since after Flashpoint in 2011. So it's not even half of his existence as a character where they were still alive when Kal/Clark was active as Superman.

I try to ignore Bendis.
    Besides, who knows what bizarre scenario that could be involved with, like false memories implanted in Kon-El while his clone body was being grown.
    IT HAS:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...booting-itself
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...booting-itself

Here I posted them yesterday....IT HAS CHANGED....

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Conner should be Supernova.

I actually don't mind if Tim becomes the next Dr. Midnite.
    Finally someone agrees with me,lol. With his TK abilities he should be the only one to be able to use the solar flare without losing his powers. His TK can pull it back inside after he detonates. And it keeps the Super in the name.

He could also act as a power battery to Kryptonians depleted of sunlight.

Mighty Member

I have to say BLACK ZERO doesnt sound bad, BUT!! He should then also change his attitude,stlye etc.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...%20002-002.jpg

This Outfit in Black/Red and a more Red Hood like attitude would be very cool...Acting also more at night or so, like a Batman...

But, regarding Kon-El, how much has been "remembered" iin something not written by Bendis?

And even if it appears that all of DC may still be in flux at the moment, how much of that will stay in play when Doomsday Cluck and any other "events" finish playing out?

Kon93

Conner LUTHOR

SCION

Black Zero

google number generator

solar flare and TTK omni blast plz

Astonishing Member

What's wrong with Kon-El just being Kon-El?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Nothing wrong with that, just thinking of superhero names

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    To CLOSE to Conner...Besides is no catchy name to develop a Franchise on his own...

I would just say Flamebird, Steel Eagle or so.....

NOTHING with Kid,Boy,his name etc.

Just a catchy cool name like Dick has with Nightwing and develop a Franchise....

Mighty Member

But, regarding Kon-El, how much has been "remembered" iin something not written by Bendis?

And even if it appears that all of DC may still be in flux at the moment, how much of that will stay in play when Doomsday Cluck and any other "events" finish playing out?
    I dont know if they write the stories because they already know how Doomsday Clock finishes...
    Because as far as I remember Doomsday Clock was delayed, but should have been finished now or?

I personally thougt that this time-changes are already the RESULT of DOOMSDAY CLOCK...

And we DONT know, because we have to wait for this at least until September...Then Doomsday Clock will be finished AND YJ could return to Earth in September...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Conner LUTHOR

SCION

Black Zero

google number generator

solar flare and TTK omni blast plz
    MY personal choice at the moment would be:

NEW52 Superman Unchained as Superboy https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130614211642 so take this look and just replace cape with Leather Jacket....It would look very cool...