Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default New Code-Names for Kon El and Tim Drake

Hello,

we heard that it could probably be that the 2 change their code-names and get new code-names.

Now I want to hear from you what do you think about?

I would be in favor IF Pre-Flashpoint would be still there and the 2 still as Titans.

My Problem is that I think it should be more like Nightwing:
    Changing Code-Name should happen as symbolic act of growth and independency.

Now with Young Justice back and a new Timeline in which Conner probably never existed before, I think its complete unnecessary to change code-names..

Changing Code-Name would have been perfect after Conner came back to life and Tim changed his Code-Name during his Titans-Run if I remember right

If it helps both Tim and Conner get further away from their respective families to create something of their own then I'm for the changing of the code names.

If it's just to give Jon and Damien so wiggle room and to push Tim and Conner to the side then F that idea and the horse it rode in on. To be frank.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    If it helps both Tim and Conner get further away from their respective families to create something of their own then I'm for the changing of the code names.

If it's just to give Jon and Damien so wiggle room and to push Tim and Conner to the side then F that idea and the horse it rode in on. To be frank.
    This.
    I'm not against them having new names, but only if it's the result of character progression and if the name truly helps them stand out even more, instead of being even more generic (i.e. Orphan) or derivative names (i.e. Superlad).

I do wish Bendis never aged Jon. Now he's almost Conner's age and I don't trust DC will know how to give both of them unique and relevant roles in the long run.

BANNED

I wonder which of the boys will fill in for the role of Mon el? always being swept away to languish in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This.
    I'm not against them having new names, but only if it's the result of character progression and if the name truly helps them stand out even more, instead of being even more generic (i.e. Orphan) or derivative names (i.e. Superlad).

I do wish Bendis never aged Jon. Now he's almost Conner's age and I don't trust DC will know how to give both of them unique and relevant roles in the long run.
    Thank you. I also agree with you. Aging up Jon so soon, in my opinion, is a mistake for both characters. Jon barely got the chance to define himself as his own character before a rather drastic change was pushed upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder which of the boys will fill in for the role of Mon el? always being swept away to languish in the background.
    Hopefully neither. Let Mon-El be Mon-El.

I personally would love for Conner to go back to Hawaii or have some section of the DC Universe that is all his own. Establish him as his own character again and only have his Superman connection come into play every now and again. (Special events, holidays, ect)

So far every character who is to tied to a mentor get the most abuse under the Didio reign. The only real solution to that , again in my opinion, is by taking that part of their character and just making it the salt on fires. The connects adds flavor but it would fill you up.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Hopefully they won't become Nightwing (hell, "Ric" still isn't the name again yet, or is he?) and Flamebird.

Mighty Member

Thank you. I also agree with you. Aging up Jon so soon, in my opinion, is a mistake for both characters. Jon barely got the chance to define himself as his own character before a rather drastic change was pushed upon him.

Hopefully neither. Let Mon-El be Mon-El.

I personally would love for Conner to go back to Hawaii or have some section of the DC Universe that is all his own. Establish him as his own character again and only have his Superman connection come into play every now and again. (Special events, holidays, ect)

So far every character who is to tied to a mentor get the most abuse under the Didio reign. The only real solution to that , again in my opinion, is by taking that part of their character and just making it the salt on fires. The connects adds flavor but it would fill you up.

Yes that was also my opinion:

Jonathan Samuel Kent BACK to his YOUNG AGE, I never never never understood why he was aged up so fast, I mean he is really only Clark Junior, the outfit, the cape, the goody two shoes behaviour etc. He was great and funny as kid with Damian, but now he is just kind of strange character..

For Conner it depends, IF HE HAS A REAL FAMILY OR NO, it could turn out that it was all a magical creation or it could turn out that it was real....

If it was magical, I would LOVE to see Conner together with Cassie and maybe Bart in Gateway City...Gateway City is Cassies Hometown and since Wonder Woman seemingly lives now in Rebirth in Washington as far what I understood it could be cool to see Cassie,Conner and Bart together in Gateway City, since Gateway City is big like San Francisco and no Hero besides Cassie lives there at the moment.

It was always my idea that Conner gets a town of his own, not anymore trapped in a small city like Smallville, where he hasnt any chance to become a big hero, because there is NOTHING..

In a big town he could do the Superman Things: help people, fight against villains, catch airplanes to save them....

I would like to see Conner back together with Cassie and it would be AWESOME if Bart lives in same town with JAY GARRICK and his Wife..

I hope that they keep this Punk-Style Outfit and dont transform him in the punching bag Young Justice TV Series Conner..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hopefully they won't become Nightwing (hell, "Ric" still isn't the name again yet, or is he?) and Flamebird.
    I have to say that I wouldnt find that a stupid Idea,it was in fact an Idea which I had some time ago:

Flamebird would be one of my choices for Conner, since he came back from his death like a Phoenix which could give a connection to Flamebird and Flamebird was a Kryptonian God and a Kryptonian Superhero..

And Tim if they draw him taller,older again like in the Batman Comics he could replace Dick until he is ready to come back...

BUT for Conner since he has Telekinetic Powers etc. it would be more plausible to be connected to Nightwing as God, since Chris also had Telekinetic Powers..

Astonishing Member

I 've been saying for a long time that Tim's new identity should be Flamebird.It's a cool name and hasn't been used in a while.

OMG that was would be absolutely awful idea. Talk about character assassination.

If Conner was going to take any name the only one I would be ok with, personally, would be Guardian. Because it has that Superman connect but it's not completely defined by Superman, while still being a cool name that says everything you need to know.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I 've been saying for a long time that Tim's new identity should be Flamebird.It's a cool name and hasn't been used in a while.
    Wouldnt say that:

1. Nightwing is depicted as the male one and Flamebird as the female one of the two..
    2. Flamebird ISNT something which I would call a Guy who works at NIGHT!
    3. I know that there was already Bette Kane as Flamebird BUT!! I personally would like to see more a Kryptonian Character in this role, since its tied to Krypton and I find it hard to find another Codename for Conner

Mighty Member

OMG that was would be absolutely awful idea. Talk about character assassination.

If Conner was going to take any name the only one I would be ok with, personally, would be Guardian. Because it has that Superman connect but it's not completely defined by Superman, while still being a cool name that says everything you need to know.
    NO....
    Guardian is horrible, especially since we have already a well known Character who goes by this name...

Steel would be my first choice, but this is already taken..

Then something like Steel Eagle which has a 90ies sound..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    NO....
    Guardian is horrible, especially since we have already a well known Character who goes by this name...

Steel would be my first choice, but this is already taken..

Then something like Steel Eagle which has a 90ies sound..
    Using Steel would be a bad choice and a PR nightmare, in my opinion. I really wouldn't want him to take Guardian either but in my opinion it would be the only one I think that could stick and actually work for the character. If he took someone else's name.

He should just get a new name altogether. But if that road is taken is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-31-2019 at 09:02 AM.

For Tim there's always The Protector.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For Tim there's always The Protector.
    I think that the Protector would be a better name for Kon.

RIP, original Protector.You deserved better than Heroes in Crisis.