Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I guess fashion taste differ. i don't find leather jacket version he looks cheesy and too tried hard [there's a nickname for him F**kboy Conner]. The goody two shoes isn't necessarily a bad thing. His look is classic and timeless. I never thought about the YJ cartoon Superboy as goody two shoes. I thought/think he's a bit angry and pretty cool.

The goody two shoes isn't about the fashion though. Would you like the 90's dude the same if he was dressed in a black tee and jeans?

You can't replace Clark anymore than you can replace Bruce Wayne. They are Icons.

Actually NO! I wouldnt like him in the same way.....

I like him because he dresses in the way I would also dress myself and I LOVE leather-jackets AND!! I LOVE IT because he IS DIFFERENT...
    He is unique and thats what makes him COOL!!! His unique style, I never understood why all Heroes are so boring with the same look etc.
    I also listen to Heavy Metal,Punk etc. and so I love him also because he also had a talk with Clark about Metallica and the Leather Jacket etc. fits into this..

I also always thought that Capes are kind of childish...like kids running around with them and playing Super-Hero etc.

With goody two shoes I was talking about CLARK...
    Conner was for me always the cool Version of Clark....

Its kind of refreshing also if you look at the millions of other Heroes who run around with:
    a) Capes like Batman,Clark,Jonathan Samuel Kent,Robin.... etc. etc.
    b) Suits who are like Bodysuits like Flash,Nightwing,Signal....every Green Lantern etc. etc. etc.
    c) T-Shirt and Jeans....

YJ Cartoon wasnt goody two shoes, but he is just BORING, he has only one character trait, he doesnt have the Comic or the "Reign of Supermen" Film Powers and he is just a punching bag...

Comic Version Conner was before TT a funny,sarcastic,cool guy and during TT he became stronger and was able to fight also Superboy Prime and the Doomsday Clone...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I guess fashion taste differ. i don't find leather jacket version he looks cheesy and too tried hard [there's a nickname for him F**kboy Conner]. The goody two shoes isn't necessarily a bad thing. His look is classic and timeless. I never thought about the YJ cartoon Superboy as goody two shoes. I thought/think he's a bit angry and pretty cool.

The goody two shoes isn't about the fashion though. Would you like the 90's dude the same if he was dressed in a black tee and jeans?

What about just calling Kon-El just Conner or Kon-El? No need for a secret id since his identity isn't secret.

You can't replace Clark anymore than you can replace Bruce Wayne. They are Icons.
    Kon is always cool, but the coolest version of Kon is leather jacket 90s Kon.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . Hey

Hey

What if Jon is Superboy Blue and Kon is Superboy Red

Kidding! Kidding!
    Actually, that's not a bad idea . . .

Kon - Superboy

Jon - Superson

Tim - Talon

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, that's not a bad idea . . .
    Super Blue and Super Red coming to the rescue?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Intuitive or not Steel Eagle would be a nice hommage to the 90ies, Steel reminds to "Man of Steel" one of Superman Nicknames and Eagle to America and that he can fly...

We have Stargirl,Golden Eagle,Commander Steel....
    Stargirl has stars all over her costume, Golden Eagle is dressed like a golden eagle, Commander Steel is made of steel. Those names make sense. Taking the Conner Kent version of Superboy as he currently exists and calling him Steel Eagle wouldn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Tim - Talon
    Already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Already taken.
    Crap, didn't think it was already taken.

Tim - Talon
    Already taken.
    Crap, didn't think it was already taken.

It ran through issue #17 in 2014.

Leave em be...

Mighty Member

Stargirl has stars all over her costume, Golden Eagle is dressed like a golden eagle, Commander Steel is made of steel. Those names make sense. Taking the Conner Kent version of Superboy as he currently exists and calling him Steel Eagle wouldn't make any sense.
    He could also simply take an Eagle as second logo on the back of his leather jacket, as I suggested once and simply use both logos, so it would be really easy...

Its a MUCH BETTER Idea than the Kid,Lad,Jr. or simply Kon El ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    He could also simply take an Eagle as second logo on the back of his leather jacket, as I suggested once and simply use both logos, so it would be really easy...

Its a MUCH BETTER Idea than the Kid,Lad,Jr. or simply Kon El ideas...
    No, it's not. It's an idea based only on the notion that it's "cool." It's devoid of any substance or meaning and tells you absolutely nothing about Conner himself, as he'd probably tell you himself that he doesn't give a crap about either eagles or steel. It's dumb, as are pretty much ALL "cool for the sake of cool" ideas, even in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Leave em be...
    I don't really think that's an option, considering their codenames no longer fit who they are as characters in the contemporary DC landscape. I mean Superboy and Robin are names synonymous with early adolescent kids and are now attached to characters who are more compatible with that notion. They don't really capture the development of these characters, why is this college age super-detective called Robin? Why is this grown ass man with a wife and child named Superboy? If these characters are going to be more active in the DC landscape going forward they need names that inform their characters. Unless you were suggesting they just let them go by Conner Kent/Kon-El and Tim Drake then I guess that's a viable option but I'm not so sure if that approach would be a good idea for Tim.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-04-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Kon
    Sentinel - old Alan Scott codename allowing him to keep the S emblem
    Sigil
    Savant - rarely used Batgirl ally
    Valor - Mon-El's old codename

Tim
    Protector - now that Jason Hart is dead
    Blackbird
    Sentinel - would work for Tim as well

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't really think that's an option, considering their codenames no longer fit who they are as characters in the contemporary DC landscape. I mean Superboy and Robin are names synonymous with early adolescent kids and are now attached to characters who are more compatible with that notion. They don't really capture the development of these characters, why is this college age super-detective called Robin? Why is this grown ass man with a wife and child named Superboy? If these characters are going to be more active in the DC landscape going forward they need names that inform their characters. Unless you were suggesting they just let them go by Conner Kent/Kon-El and Tim Drake then I guess that's a viable option but I'm not so sure if that approach would be a good idea for Tim.
    Tim is only 16 now. Not sure about Kon.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

Tim: red Robin
    Kon: Blue Scout