Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I love love love young Jon Kent. He was a breathe of fresh air in a stale universe.

Teen Jon is not the worst but now he's lost that innocence and childishness which made special and made his banter with Damian so enjoyable. The Supersons were a rare treat unlike any other title out there.

Conner I can only take seriously the version from the YJ cartoon. don't quite get the fingerless glove, garter belt wearing version from the comics.

Chris trumps them both.
    The YJ Version doesnt have the full advanced Kryptonian Powers nor TTK nor has Conners Personality...
    In addition he gets beaten every time...
    And he wears the most boring outfit ever...

Most Boring Version of Conner ever..

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    The YJ Version doesnt have the full advanced Kryptonian Powers nor TTK nor has Conners Personality...
    In addition he gets beaten every time...
    And he wears the most boring outfit ever...

Most Boring Version of Conner ever..
    I don't think he's boring and this thread asked for my opinion. I don't care about his powers and he isn't beaten all the time.
    Strength isn't that important to me.

Boring, cool it's all subjective. At least we can both be satisfied. You've got the version you like in the comics and the Animated DC Universe and I've got the version I like in YJ cartoon and coming up in Titans next season [looks like anyway from the promo] so DC has us covered.

Conner

I like Kon-El.. I knew him in YJ and watched him in comics(Pre-N52 and during N52)

However, I donīt like his 90s costume and personality.. When I saw him in Cassandra Cain BATGIRL I thought that he was another character, not Kon..

Jonathan

I always liked Lois(In N52 I wanted her with permanent powers to give her more revelance..) but never liked him.. I was always more interested in one superman daughter.. Maybe because I consider Kon superman son..

Put him with Damian and Supersons existence made this worse.. I would have prefered SUPERSON with him as MC than transform Damian in this comic joke and certain fans inadequate fanarts victim.

I would be more happy with him in 5 COMICS and Damian in only 1 comic(TT or Batman&Robin) without make any of them appear where the other is.. I do not care if DC makes him more popular than Damian if DC separates them.. Anyway, now is too late for wait this.

No chances to change my opinion in the future.. Supersons existence made that impossible.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-03-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Mighty Member

I don't think he's boring and this thread asked for my opinion. I don't care about his powers and he isn't beaten all the time.
    Strength isn't that important to me.

Boring, cool it's all subjective. At least we can both be satisfied. You've got the version you like in the comics and the Animated DC Universe and I've got the version I like in YJ cartoon and coming up in Titans next season [looks like anyway from the promo] so DC has us covered.

Which Fights did he win?

This for example was ridiculous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0KmuP2zPoY the Comic Version fought against DOOMSDAY,SUPERBOY PRIME....

I had a lot of mixed feelings on Damian Wayne, and in retrospect, I think I ended up liking the idea (though not the execution) of Damian only in the animated movies because it's an insular universe that no other continuity, particularly the main comic continuity, had to acknowledge this Damian. With Supes, I find in-continuity children uninteresting and don't care for them. I'd rather have a separate continuity story, and within that continuity, I'd rather the kid have a normal chronological progression. So Jon has been not a hit with me. Kurt Busiek's "Secret Identity" is one such case of my enjoying a story about Superman's kids.

Conner? I think back in 1993 when I was still in high school, I thought of the Supermen as kind of gimmicky. It took years for me to embrace any of those characters. Conner's cool with me know and I was sad to see him killed. I haven't followed him closely since his death, but I don't feel the same about him that I used to. A lot of gobbledygook along the way kind of hurt my interest of him as a Superman family character.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Which Fights did he win?

This for example was ridiculous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0KmuP2zPoY the Comic Version fought against DOOMSDAY,SUPERBOY PRIME....
    Dude i don't know because I can't recall his fights. I don't care about power levels. Most people don't. If they did Superman would be more popular than batman and harley with her mallet wouldn't be DC's 4th pillar.

So to recap even if the Tee shirt wearing Superboy was weaker than a baby and the f**kBoy Superboy was stronger than Manhattan I'd still like the Tee shirt wearing version better because I like his personality better.

However regardless I prefer Jon Kent to both versions of Conner.

Dude i don't know because I can't recall his fights. I don't care about power levels. Most people don't. If they did Superman would be more popular than batman and harley with her mallet wouldn't be DC's 4th pillar.

So to recap even if the Tee shirt wearing Superboy was weaker than a baby and the f**kBoy Superboy was stronger than Manhattan I'd still like the Tee shirt wearing version better because I like his personality better.

However regardless I prefer Jon Kent to both versions of Conner.
    I have to agree that the actual fights and the outcomes aren't what made the show interesting. But it's worth mentioning Robin and Conner took on mind-controlled Superman and Batman, and they pretty much won that fight.

That said, I hate that Black Canary fight scene. The show had a habit of implying that any normal human who learned martial arts had superhero potential.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I have to agree that the actual fights and the outcomes aren't what made the show interesting. But it's worth mentioning Robin and Conner took on mind-controlled Superman and Batman, and they pretty much won that fight.

That said, I hate that Black Canary fight scene. The show had a habit of implying that any normal human who learned martial arts had superhero potential.
    ?
    Nevermind that Dinah is one of the best martial artists, and teaching Connor how to use more than just brute strength has proven invaluable, but sure, limit everything to assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ?
    Nevermind that Dinah is one of the best martial artists, and teaching Connor how to use more than just brute strength has proven invaluable, but sure, limit everything to assumptions.
    I'm fully aware of BC's skill. I maintain the show focused too much on martial arts over super powers, and in my experience, that kind of futile showing that Conner put up is more akin to drunken idiocy than anything else. You can be a superiorly skilled fighter, but it shouldn't be that easy.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't find how jon being inserted in main continuity and lack of progressive development from baby to 10 year old a valid reason to hate him.Come on, have we seen Clark grow from a baby to adult? No. We only get snapshots of his baby years and some adventures of his boyhood, which we did get for jon.

Think about it, with current dc heads who wants to marvelize DC and **** on or remove sidekicks that ages or takes away some importance from main guy. I say it's a miracle son of superman even exists in main continuity, which is only possible because of damian and marketability attraction of the supersons. And for those who want natural progression, that would have never happened anyways because it has never happened till now.

As for his insertion into New52. New52 continuity was already in a state of flux thanks to Dr manhattan and doomsday clock. Superman himself was inserted into this timeline. So is conner, wally, bart.. Etc, and their backstories as convoluted or more than jon's is now . So, why is jon special?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-04-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

He was able hold him down for seconds and Robin used KRYPTONITE! which DOESNT mean won the fight....
    If Conner would have knocked Superman out OK, but not so.....

?
    And?? she is only HUMAN, not at Conners Level of STRENGHT,DURABILITY,REACTION TIME,SPEED......

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Conner took on mongol in young justice. His power levels doesn't matter anyways, conner is like a mix of captain America and golden age superman in young justice. So, he is fantastic. He also beat that lava meta human. Helped beat amazo.his clothes aren't boring, it's very hardcore. It suits his personality and fighting style.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Conner took on mongol in young justice. His power levels doesn't matter anyways, conner is like a mix of captain America and golden age superman in young justice. So, he is fantastic. He also beat that lava meta human. Helped beat amazo.his clothes aren't boring, it's very hardcore. It suits his personality and fighting style.
    Comic Conner was able to fight against DOOMSDAY and SUPERBOY PRIME....

In the TV Series he was beaten easily by Black Canary and also as he was first out of the tubes by the rest of the Team...
    He was also beaten by Lobo, he took on Mongul BUT took on is EASY, DEFEAT him is much harder and he got beaten by Mongul EXTREMELY EASY...
    And as they met the Light for the first Time and Miss Martian was captured with the others he also looked bad..

In the TV Series he also has only one character trait (being angry) and his clothes makes him look like everyone else...

AND!!! the new ADDITION to the Team (Geo-Force,Halo,Terra,Thirteen...) are new, but seem to be already on his Level...
    Also his wife Miss Martian is if you take the completeness of her powers over him and as they played Black Canary and Superboy she was also able to defeat him...

He was able hold him down for seconds and Robin used KRYPTONITE! which DOESNT mean won the fight....
    If Conner would have knocked Superman out OK, but not so.....

And?? she is only HUMAN, not at Conners Level of STRENGHT,DURABILITY,REACTION TIME,SPEED......
    Connor hasn't shown super speed nor perceiving time faster than regular people. And what's more, at the time, Connor just jumped in and punched. Being that Connor was little more than an amped up brawler, albeit with super strength and durability, its no surprise he was flipped onto his back.

Also, technique and skill over brute power. Trained martial artists over street brawlers (especially someone as inexperienced as Connor) EVERY time.

Mighty Member

Connor hasn't shown super speed nor perceiving time faster than regular people. And what's more, at the time, Connor just jumped in and punched. Being that Connor was little more than an amped up brawler, albeit with super strength and durability, its no surprise he was flipped onto his back.

Also, technique and skill over brute power. Trained martial artists over street brawlers (especially someone as inexperienced as Connor) EVERY time.
    Thats not true:

1. Speaking about Speed
    https://imgur.com/a/T7S9Z7J
    This is from the Comic, so he HAS Super-Speed, BUT NOT AT SUPERMAN,FLASH LEVEL...

2. NOT TRUE...
    You can be as skilled as you will, if the strenght,speed and durability difference is so HUGE!! Black Canary wouldnt have ANY chance!!

This isnt just simply trained martial artists over street brawlers....in this case YES, BUT HERE NO...because like I said the difference is to BIG for that...its more PIS...

You can compensate the strenght difference with skills etc. BUT only to a certain level and here we speak about HUMAN vs someone who has 30% or so of SUPERMANS Power Level and is able to rip tanks in pieces etc.