Default Achilles (Troy) vs. Arthur Dayne, Barristan Selmy & Jaime Lannister (GoT)

Since the Clegane's got murdered, let's up the stakes.

The Trio is a composite of themselves from the books and show. Each member is in their prime with full gear.

Achilles gets his sword and shield. Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

He's still super-humanly strong and stuff, he could probably straight up one shot them as they come at him.

The real question is if the others manage to stab him while he's murdering them.

Spectacular Member angelusdelioncourt's Avatar

I think that's too much for Achilles. 2 on 1 would have been manageable but 3? And none of the 3 are fodder either. And you have Dayne's sword that could chip and eventually break Achilles' shorter sword. Heck, Achilles' sword probably isn't made of steel. I think swords were made of either bronze or iron in that era, so it's even weaker compared to castle steel, which Dayne broke The Smiling Knight's sword. Even Achilles' armor is made of leather, not even metal like the 3 guys.

Achilles' only chance is to throw spears at them from a good distance, that way, by the time they reach Achilles, they would have thrown away their shields already. You know, from the spears impaled on their shields. Still, the GoT 3 with no shields are probably going to win versus an Achilles with a short sword and shield.

Selmy has the best feats that we could measure and I think Achilles could beat him 1 on 1.... but versus 3? I think it's just too much even for Achilles.
    Last edited by angelusdelioncourt; 05-28-2019 at 10:02 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Worth noting that Achilles was doing stuff like 'throw sword through iron helmet and skullbone beneath the helmet...when the sword hits it edge-on, not point on'.

It's rather ridiculous.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacular Member angelusdelioncourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Worth noting that Achilles was doing stuff like 'throw sword through iron helmet and skullbone beneath the helmet...when the sword hits it edge-on, not point on'.

It's rather ridiculous.
    I don't think it was a fully metal helmet like a knight's would be. From the pegs on that helmet, it looked like it was iron (or bronze, from the color?) strapped on to leather. NONETHELESS, I just re-watched the clip and the sword even hit the helmet AT AN ANGLE, not even straight on, so it should have been deflected to the side unless a lot of force was behind it. And you're right, it was on the edge, not even at the point of the sword. Wow, Achilles seems a bit more superhuman than expected. I don't think even a modern day steel axe can pull that off due to the angle it hit. Makes you think that Hector was exceptionally skilled then to be able to last long versus Achilles that had some level of superhuman strength!
    Last edited by angelusdelioncourt; 05-28-2019 at 10:26 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

That's kind of what I mean. It's going through metal. It's going through whatever is under the metal. It's going through bone. It's killing the guy it hits.

It's hitting edge on to do this. It's also a bloody xiphos, which (like most swords) is not at all balanced for throwing.

It's an absolutely ridiculous feat.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

They don't really have a chance. They are all three great fighters, but somewhat tempered in reality. Achilles makes reality his bitch. Achilles is just stupidly faster than they are, more skilled, and much stronger. He's not going to let their slow ass turtle selves surround him: they will not be able to come at him 3 on 1. He'll use his insanely superior mobility to be able to take each one face on from the outside of their circle. It may take him a few passes on each, but he's going to waste them. And once he kills one of them, he's now got two sharp and pointy (tm) things to go all stabby stabby with, and, as pointed out above - that pun was not intended - the Westeros kids have superior swords for him to use. They also get tired to some extent: fatigue will set in. Achilles quite clearly does not get appreciably tired, not in open battle, not in aristesia.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Achilles is to Ser Arthur Dayne what Ser Arthur Dayne is to the average soldier in Game of Thrones. And that's being very conservative. Achilles has the physical stats to engage whenever he pleases and bully his way through their guards. His aim is precise enough to make up for his more primitive equipment, and his standard equipment includes a spear so he has the reach advantage. None of the Game of Thrones swordsmen are gonna touch him in a meaningful way.

Now pit these 3 against Hector, and the fight becomes much more interesting and, I think, might favor the Game of Thrones side.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 05-28-2019 at 04:09 PM.

This match is like three real world soldiers vs Captain America; it can only end one way.

i love me some Arthut Dayne and Selmy but Achilles has this.

Jaime is the weak link and gets dispatched fast. the other 2 simply do not have the sheer strenght and speed needed to overcome him. Their skill and battle intelligence may be somewhat close to his, but that only means that from the first few seconds they see him move and fight they know they are screwed.