Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black Fox's involvement made me nostalgic for the irredeemable ant-man book.

Astonishing Member

the 2nd story was really cute, with Felicia and 3 longhair black cats which gives me the feels because I have a longhair black cat whom I named her Felicia for obvious reasons.

Spectacular Member

Liked the first issue, was kind of a basic issue establishing the supporting cast but it has me interested in more. In all honesty though I've wanted a Black Cat ongoing for so long that I'm probably getting the book for as long as it runs. The small two page short story at the end was absolutely adorable, kinda wish the main story had the same art.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    the 2nd story was really cute, with Felicia and 3 longhair black cats which gives me the feels because I have a longhair black cat whom I named her Felicia for obvious reasons.
    So cute, and a fun contrast to the other two excellent stories. Hope we get more of Nao Fuji!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Back from the Jed MacKay signing, he's a nice dude! I was however surprised by how much I enjoyed the comic, I don't have many opinions one way or the other about Felicia Hardy but this was a good book. The only negative thing I have to say is that as solid as the main story is, the two second features are excellent reads. I would like to see more of this Black Fox character in the future.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

For a first issue it was adequate but not a home run by any means. Been waiting for this for a looonnngggg time so maybe my expectations were unfairly high. Liked bringing back her original "crew" and establishing the link to her mentor, which makes sense and provides alot of possibilities going forward. Likewise her interaction with Odessa Drake. Hoping he doesn't keep Felicia as the one dimensional fun-loving thief as her history should serve to give her far more depth than that.

Biggest disappointment was the art...don't see Foreman as a good fit for her but maybe he'll grow on me...all that said, I'll stick with it as long as it lasts but first impression is that it won't won't be that long...really hope I'm wrong...

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I like how Felicia looks in costume with Foreman’s art. I wasn’t too crazy about the white eyebrows though.

Astonishing Member

I thought Black Cat#1 was a good read,for sure a cool new comic book.
    I will be buying the next story for sure,that clifhanger with Black Fox is someting i think will be interesting in the Black Cat stories.The art looked cool to me as well.
    The secondary stories was something that made this story awesome in regards of the contents of this new comic book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I like how Felicia looks in costume with Foreman’s art. I wasn’t too crazy about the white eyebrows though.
    That was a bad artistic choice. I hope it's one he rethinks!

Black Cat #2.

black cat 2.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Black Cat #2.

black cat 2.jpg
    Has the costume changed a little? Could just be the angle.

(Her mask looks more like eye makeup here, to be honest).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks great.
    Besides reading about Black Cat in her first ongoing comic book,i think the suporting cast of this new comic book is awesome.

I miss Xandu. He could appear in this issue instead of the other guy with similar name.