Thread: Good Omens

Default Good Omens

What does everyone think.
    I watched all 6 eps last Night and loved it.
    Imho even better than American gods.
    So want a season 2.

Was really expecting to see god come to the aid of Crowley and Aziraphale. Expected her to tell the other etheral forces that the two of them were her true plan and the rest of the angels and demons were always in the road

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    What does everyone think.
    I watched all 6 eps last Night and loved it.
    Imho even better than American gods.
    So want a season 2.

Was really expecting to see god come to the aid of Crowley and Aziraphale. Expected her to tell the other etheral forces that the two of them were her true plan and the rest of the angels and demons were always in the road
    Having never read the book and nothing to compare it to or nitpick I have to say I hated it. I expected it to be comparable to Dogma or Constantine and honestly it wasn't as good as either of those. The kids were horrible and Michael Sheen was annoying
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Having never read the book and nothing to compare it to or nitpick I have to say I hated it. I expected it to be comparable to Dogma or Constantine and honestly it wasn't as good as either of those. The kids were horrible and Michael Sheen was annoying
    I've not read the book.
    If this was poor by comparison I'd be interested to.
    Who is the author? And is it called good omensbor something else

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I enjoyed it.

I liked the way they played the relationship between Crowley and Aziraphale in that there was just enough that it could just be a friendship that shouldnt be, but if you want it to be, it's also deeper and they clearly love each other - but nothing is overt, so it cant cause controversy and overshadow the show.

Some great moments, and while there are some definite design choices that are a bit odd (the whole design of Hell and the demons are off, and the Four Horseman all look cheap as anything), everyone is solid in doing what they're asked and there are some good laughs sprinkled about.

However, if you dont like the rather in your face and abstract comedy of Terry Pratchett, you wont like this. While it was co-written with Gaiman, it's clearly more a Pratchett work than anything else.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was the change to the demons appearance. Demons are supposed be identical to angels, except for the way they dress. The reason being that demons ARE angels. It's an important detail because it highlights the absurdity of the war: the exact same species ready to kill each other over something that happened thousands of years ago.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Threadomancy! Because season 2 has been announced.

I had no idea there was a season 2 in development... I thought they just intended to adapt the book and leave it there. But I'm on board with it as long as Gaiman and the stars are on board. I enjoyed the first season.