Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Unfortunately...Great comics!
    I liked Sentry and I like what he did with the Void, but I don't like the color change.

Fantastic Member

West Coast Avengers I enjoyed the series

This was a problem for Runaways back in the day.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Blackbolt. Really good comic that seemingly got tainted by the Inhumans backlash.

West Coast Avengers:: As someone that actually read this title I can tell you that it would have done much better without the Avengers branding. If anything calling it West Coast Avengers turned a fair number of people against this book before it even came out. This is a failure that you can lay at Marvel's feet. The creative team tried. The writers vision was much different from the one Marvel wanted. Tigra and She-Hulk were supposed to be members. You can't pin this one on the creative team. Sadly the next book you can pin on the writer.

Unstoppable Wasp:: The book is called Unstoppable Wasp, not Unstoppable Wasp and The Agents of G.I.R.L. The character was swallowed whole by her supporting cast, a problem that female characters always seem to have but male characters never do.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-31-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

There are a good number of comics that don’t sell well. Some examples:

Uncanny Inhumans
    Blackbolt
    Invaders- both the last and current volumes (the current volume is amazing)
    Sentry
    Sam Wilson- Captain America
    Moon Knight -last volume
    Ultimates 2

And there’s more I can’t remember. Even right now, there’s good stuff outside that people just don’t give a chance.

BANNED

I know it was only a one shot anyway but the idea was so good it's worth mentioning here - What If? X-Men

A cyberpunk reimagining of the X-Men, with Cable and Domino as the main characters! How is this not still an ongoing book? If you actually read the thing you can tell that the creative team had ambitions well beyond a one shot. There were pages of detailed character biographies at the end of the issue, for X-Men who didn't even appear in the story. But nobody bought the thing or any of the other 2018 What If? books and so the potential of the '.EXE/men' is already a faded memory.

Yeah, they were trying to be the next Spider-Gwen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

One big difference between .EXE/men and Spider-Gwen is that the Spider-Gwen design was instantly iconic. If they'd just stuck her in a previously used Spider-Woman design – but the Julia Carpenter black costume, the MayDay Spider-Girl, the Mattie Franklin, the Jessica Drew, etc etc – she wouldn't have caught on like she did even if everything else about the comic were exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    At the top of my head:

The Ultimates/Ultimates 2
    Mosaic

The Sentry (2018)
    Those were good books. Ultimates I think got too caught up in events which derailed it's premise and had to establish all the cosmic heads and less time building up the team as the ultimate team to face the ultimate threats. It was arguably the strongest team at the time..

Mosaic was just all around good. Just didn't get the love it deserved

Spectacular Member

Captain Britain and MI13.
    I thought it was great comic. It was also the first Marvel comic that felt like it was actually english. I found it a real shame when it got axed.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Historically many of the comics I've enjoyed from superhero publishers have not been large sellers. With Unstoppable Wasp leaving again, the only Marvel title I'll be purchasing regularly is Runaways. As we all know Runaways isn't much better off in the sales department.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

you guys are gonna make me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Blackbolt. Really good comic that seemingly got tainted by the Inhumans backlash.
    That was a lovely comic. Beautiful to look at as well as a wonderful story.

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    Captain Britain and MI13.
    I thought it was great comic. It was also the first Marvel comic that felt like it was actually english. I found it a real shame when it got axed.
    Yes, again, loved that one.

I never liked Sam Cap by Nick Spencer because Spencer never gave Sam a chance in a world that rejected Sam.

But then came Secret Empire, and Nick gave Sam Wilson insight on what he was doing in his regular series was just trying to prove he was Cap to the internet haters, who were never going to be satisfied. Now, armed with that realisation, Sam then ignored all the negativity and just made this speech to every super hero in the renegade Avengers to just be themselves and remember why they were doing this - to help make it a better and safer world for the ones we love. Then Sam went and did just that.

Steve Rogers ignored all the haters. They didn’t count for anything, because he knew he was doing this for all the people who needed Captain America. I would want the rejuvenated Sam Wilson be back as Cap again, now that he is without having to prove himself. He doesn’t. Sam can just be what Captain America is - doing the things to keep people safe, and to hell with twitter, internet, or Facebook posters. They don’t need Captain America. They already got what they want.