Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You're Just Kidding, right Mac? They are cancelling books left and right, relaunching them and then canceling them again. They just announced that they are cancelling and relaunching the entire X-line. Does this sound like a relatively stable and unchanging strategy?

They do that because it's EASIER to get larger orders with new first issues versus starting on point at issue 24 (like back in the old days).

I don't think Marvel cares about books getting axed as long as you get that trade on the shelf.

Now if you mean Carol Danvers & Moon Knight-I am WITH YOU.

They still could be made, just as limited series.
    Or you do what others do..

Wrong Earth at Ahoy Comics did 5 issues and will be back in 2020.

Rivers of London at Titans Comics does arcs of 6 issues. You can buy one arc and ignore the next one.

Bitter Root at Image (along with others) take breaks.

I have been of the mindset of treat some titles like tv series.

I don't need 12 issues of Moon Girl every year. Do 6 and that is it for the year. Have Kate Bishop follow with 6 for the rest of the year. Repeat next year.

Have a slot where it's OPEN to everybody. You don't have to do 6 issues-you do 3-4.

Or do a line of one shots. Can we get a $5-10 Monica one shot?

Especially those in movies? I would do that for Shuri, Killmonger, Doras, Nakia and anyone else when Black Panther 2 is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    QFT. Loved that book, I still go back and read it now.
    It was a while back, but Jeff Parkers Exiles only lasted 6 issues and I would've loved for that to continue.
    In total agreement with you about Parker's Exiles. An enjoyable series that should've had some sort of continuation.

As for my favorite good Marvel comic that didn't sell well, I'll add Sean McKeever's Young Allies: an interesting line-up of young heroes, along with potentially great rivals in the Bastards of Evil.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-05-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

If they reduced the number of comics my pull list would go from 10 to like 2.

I hope this never happens.

Actually, I wish they would have more series, like an Ant-man one for example.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    If they reduced the number of comics my pull list would go from 10 to like 2.

I hope this never happens.

Actually, I wish they would have more series, like an Ant-man one for example.
    Well, nothing is stopping you from making up you're own list of twenty comics. It's a fun little exercise.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest