Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The one that stands out as a highly praised comic that felt truncated was Dennis Hopeless / Javier Rodriguez Spider-Woman. I can't categorically state it was cancelled due to poor sales, but it slowly demanded my attention from a book I was reading, to one of the first books on my list. Still missing it.

It is probable that the female spider market became too saturated and IMO the wrong title took the hit.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-02-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I appreciate all the recommendations here, hopefully this thread will generate some purchases for overlooked runs.
    Baby Thanos

Dan Slott's She-Hulk.
    Charles Soule's She-Hulk

Red She-Hulk

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Those were good books. Ultimates I think got too caught up in events which derailed it's premise and had to establish all the cosmic heads and less time building up the team as the ultimate team to face the ultimate threats. It was arguably the strongest team at the time..

Mosaic was just all around good. Just didn't get the love it deserved

I think in recent years this had killed a bunch of books. They cancelled at the event and then restarted after as if nothing happened.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    West Coast Avengers:: As someone that actually read this title I can tell you that it would have done much better without the Avengers branding. If anything calling it West Coast Avengers turned a fair number of people against this book before it even came out. This is a failure that you can lay at Marvel's feet. The creative team tried. The writers vision was much different from the one Marvel wanted. Tigra and She-Hulk were supposed to be members. You can't pin this one on the creative team. Sadly the next book you can pin on the writer.

Unstoppable Wasp:: The book is called Unstoppable Wasp, not Unstoppable Wasp and The Agents of G.I.R.L. The character was swallowed whole by her supporting cast, a problem that female characters always seem to have but male characters never do.
    You could have named that book anything and the same folks would take issue with it based on WHO the roster was.

Too many books in this thread were victims of entitlement, unjustified hatred based on race, sexuality and gender and hypocritical behavior.
    Funny to see so many original created characters listed. Yet according to certain groups Marvel did nothing but race swap everyone and force diversity down our throats.

Add to the list

Scarlet Witch
    Mosaic
    Prowler
    Slapstick
    All New Inhumans
    Mockingbird
    Falcon
    Luke Cage
    Powerman & Ironfist
    Spencer's Sam Wilson run
    honorable mention-Starbrand & Nightmask
    Moon Knight

I think this thread will be more fuel to my beliefs that marvel should do more limited series as attempt so try more ongoing series.
    Yes but it validates what Patrick Kindlon said in his letter page in There's Nothing There comic in 2017.
    You had more folks throwing FITS over a few books than trying the many other books out there. Many never read the books they were trashing.

Who benefits??? Riri Williams has her book (Eve is doing a GREAT JOB) not these guys above.
    The top female trade sellers on Amazon are Ms Marvel, Carol Danvers & Jane Foster-7 STRAIGHT years.

The one good thing about those books-many are getting interest as trades.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Those were good books. Ultimates I think got too caught up in events which derailed it's premise and had to establish all the cosmic heads and less time building up the team as the ultimate team to face the ultimate threats. It was arguably the strongest team at the time..

The problem with Ultimates and events is that one of their team members -- Carol -- was going to be embroiled in CW2 no matter what. Even though most of the fans at the time were opposed to more hero vs. hero events. On the other hand, even though Blue Marvel was the Watcher's best friend and godfather to his child, he did absolutely nothing to find and bring Uatu's killer to justice in Original Sin, which I think also worked against continuity, if not credibility. Sure, these are all great writers, but when crappy results like that happen more than once to the same team, more than eyes should roll. Who knows, maybe better decisions saves the book?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-02-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Weirdworld
    Slingers
    Captain Britain and MI:13
    Agents of Atlas
    Dr. Voodoo
    seemingly any Iron Fist attempt

-Pav, who also loved that del Mundo Elektra series...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Scarlet Spider (the Yost book with Kaine)

I'll second Yost's Scarlet Spider run.

Also these books:

Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme by Straczynski/Frank
    Agents of Atlas (Jeff Parker)

And I'm not sure if this was canceled due to low sales or because the Secret Wars event reset a lot of books, but All-New Captain America by Remender/Immonen. It was far superior to Nick Spencer's run on Sam Wilson as Captain America.

I thought Ultimates handled its event tie-ins rather elegantly, all things considered.

Another series that did that well was Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery.

Which reminds me, Kieron Gillen's Journey Into Mystery is a great example for the premise of this thread.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jeff Parker's AGENTS OF ATLAS was, like, the best thing Marvel has put out in forever.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm a Luke Cage fan but I felt his last solo book was mediocre. I can't really blame people for not picking it up.

Captain Britain and MI:13 was a good book.

The post-Secret Wars Ultimates book
    Scarlet Witch
    The Vision

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The post-Secret Wars Ultimates book
    Scarlet Witch
    The Vision
    Vision didn't sell well? That sucks.

Anything involving C. Priest: Black Panther, The Crew, Capt. America & the Falcon.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Ant-Man