Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Does Dr. Manhattan reality-warp on a higher level than Anti-Monitor/S-Boy Prime?

Before Dr. Manhattan, the greatest reality warpers in DC history were the Anti-Monitor (COIE), Parallax Hal Jordan (ZERO HOUR), Superboy Prime (INFINITE CRISIS), and Telos (CONVERGENCE).

Based on what we've seen in DOOMSDAY CLOCK, does Dr. Manhattan operate on a higher level than even those beings? Would beings such as Anti-Monitor or Superboy-Prime give Dr. Manhattan pause because they have the power to neutralize or undo his manipulations, or would even they be equally helpless to affect reality on Dr. Manhattan's level? Does Manhattan operate on the same level as those other reality-warpers, or does he operate on a level beyond even them?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 05-31-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'd guess he's on equal footing with each of those guys, but in a different way.

The Anti-Monitor was pure evil incarnate. Parallax was more patient and methodical, but his mind was obviously torn in two directions Superboy-Prime was a powerhouse, but emotionally fragile. Telos was...um....boring?

Dr. Manhattan's ability to see all of time and space, before and after retcons, gives him a huge advantage in addition to his other abilities over matter. However, like the rest of them, he's not unbeatable given the right circumstances.

Looks like a job for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'd guess he's on equal footing with each of those guys, but in a different way.

The Anti-Monitor was pure evil incarnate. Parallax was more patient and methodical, but his mind was obviously torn in two directions Superboy-Prime was a powerhouse, but emotionally fragile. Telos was...um....boring?

Dr. Manhattan's ability to see all of time and space, before and after retcons, gives him a huge advantage in addition to his other abilities over matter. However, like the rest of them, he's not unbeatable given the right circumstances.

Looks like a job for Superman.
    Ultimately, it always comes down to the Man of Steel cleaning the cosmic bad guy's (doomsday) clock.

I feel like Dr. Manhattan is more powerful than these guys because he comes from out of the DC Universe so he isn't attached to it.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I feel like Dr. Manhattan is more powerful than these guys because he comes from out of the DC Universe so he isn't attached to it.
    I get that sense myself. Manhattan is aware of what the Anti-Monitor and Telos did, and seems unimpressed by their feats.

Astonishing Member

I don't think so. He's just actively using time travel and has a unique style of perception that those others clearly don't. He's certainly not as outright powerful as them, or has shown nothing of the sort.

I don't think he's unimpressed. As a matter of fact, this is the most impressed he's ever been. All the crazy continuity shifting stuff literally had him talking about enraptured and interested he was in what was going on because it makes his temporal awareness much more lively. He's now in a world where there's no strings, but he can still see.