Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    How dare you come into a comic book discussion with inclusivity and a positive demeanor, sir. You offend me!

This was my answer as well. At any given moment, there was always something cool to read and the history of the DCU was what drew me in all those years ago.
    I aim to please

Astonishing Member

Probably a mixed bag.
    The basic stuff would be DC from 1970-1985. Ends just before Crisis #1 and ignores any prior appearances of the Monitor.
    Some 1956-1970 stories included for all characters but not all of them.
    Superboy gets the same deal for stories back to 1945
    Earth-Two gets all the Golden Age stuff (1938-1956) except for Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman tales that don't fit a coherent history.
    JSA also gets any appearance of that world 1963-1985.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My DC would mostly be cribbed from movies and TV shows since that's mostly what I grew up with. Superman would be a cross between Ruby Spears, Donner, Smallville and a little bit of Adventures of Superman Clark Kent thrown in. Batman would be part BTAS and part Year One.
    Assassinate Putin!

I have some free time, so I thought I'd elaborate on my "dream" DC Multiverse.
    I think DC should focus a lot more on its several alternate universes, because it's easily one of the company's biggest strenghts compared to Marvel. DC's Multiverse should feel expansive, not limited to 52 Earths and should be really explored in DC's main ongoing series.

With that in mind, I'd borrow the concept of the Metaverse, making it Earth-1 again.
    Earth-1 would be the place where super-heroes debuted not too long ago. As far as regular people are concerned, its history is basically the same as our own, up to the point where Superman first surfaced, 10 or 15 years ago.
    After that, the whole metahuman boom started, Batman became more than a legend, Wonder Woman appeared and so on.
    Everything would have happened similarly to Post-Crisis continuity, with the exception of the JSA being incorporated to this Earth.
    I'd want to keep most classic runs as intact as possible.

Important points about my Earth's 1:
    - Batman would be the same, without the compressed timeline.
    - Superman would keep his pre-Flashpoint continuity. He'd be married to Lois and have Jon, who'd still be no more than 10.
    - Wonder Woman's origin would be the same Perez established, but her arrival on Men's World would have happened around the time of Superman's debut. She'd keep the status of JL founder and Donna Troy would be her adopted mortal sister, granted power by the Titans of Myth.
    - The Flash (Barry Allen) died during the first Crisis and only returned after Final Crisis. Wally would keep his entire story and would still be the main Flash of Earth 1, while Barry's return would have lead him to patrol the Multiverse as Flash Prime, alongside the multiversal Justice League (Justice Incarnate).
    - The Green Lanterns would be the same. Currently, Hal would be off-world acting as the Guardians' top agent; John and Guy would be the protectors of Sector 2814 (John would be on the League); Kyle would be working undercover on the Vega system and Jessica would be alongside the JLOdissey, protecting galaxies outside the GLC's jurisdiction.
    - The Justice League would have been founded by the classic Big 7. The Satellite era, JLI and Morrison's run would all be pretty much canon. The current team would be the same as the one from Snyder's run, with the added history (and Vixen).
    - Titans would have started with the Fab 5 as teen sidekicks, but NTT still happened and so did Devin Grayson's run. Sins of Youth would be ignored. In the present, Titans would be about the further evolution of Dick's generation. They'd be long past living on the JL's shadows and would instead be using all their knowledge and experience to act as a more proactive superteam to match JL's reactive stance.
    - PAD's Young Justice is canon and the team never became Teen Titans. They's still be in their teens, acting as the next generation of the Justice League but slowly growing into their own distinct identities. The Supersons would still be kids.
    - Outsiders would have become independent from Batman a long while ago. They'd be a highly capable unit operating outside the influence of other superteams and organizations to handle threats the world can't even know exist. The current team would be Katana, Black Lightning, Metamorpho, Sister Superior etc.
    - Checkmate would be the DCU's "S.H.I.E.L.D." and keep the structure established by Rucka, with new kings and queens in the leadership and a new Global Guardians on their payroll.
    - Booster & BB would have founded their own team of "heroes for hire" years after the JLI disbanded: Super Powers. Infinite Crisis didn't happen quite like that and this team would be the regular citizen's fastest way of getting super-hero help. Members would be Element Woman, Beast Boy, Shazam etc.

Now for Earth 2. This Earth would be extremely important and would cross over a lot with the main Earth.
    Unlike Earth 1, Superman debuted during the 30s and the JSA was the first superteam, helping stop WWII. This early metahuman ascension lead to dramatic changes in history, so E2's society is very unlike the one from E1.
    The world would be a lot more fantastic and futuristic, but we wouldn't know exactly how that affected the 21st century yet, because Earth 1's present would be synced with Earth's 2 1980s.
    This would mean the first generation of heroes would still be mostly alive, but their legacies would be growing in power and prominence.

Important points about my Earth's 2:
    - Earth's 2 Trinity would have their pre-COIE origins, with a few twists.
    - Earth's 2 pre-COIE history would be the same up to 1986.
    - Alan Scott, Jay and Ted would still be active in the present, mentoring the younger generation (Stargirl, Cyclone, Atom Smasher etc)
    - A version of Johns' JSA happened, during a time when the barriers between the two Earths were more fragile. All major JSA/JLA team-ups involved interdimensional travelling and both teams are very close despite their different realities.
    - Power Girl and Huntress would be big deals. No one would become the new "Superman" or "Batman" of Earth-2.

Other important Earths would be Earth 3, Earth X, the Wildstorm Universe, the Beyond Universe, Legacy Earth (where all the 90s heroes graduated to their mentors' roles) etc.

This would mean ongoings for:

- Earth-2 (about that world's history up to the present)
    - JSA
    - Power Girl and Huntress
    - Flash Prime
    - Justice Incarnate
    - The Authority (WS)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have some free time, so I thought I'd elaborate on my "dream" DC Multiverse.
    I think DC should focus a lot more on its several alternate universes, because it's easily one of the company's biggest strenghts compared to Marvel. DC's Multiverse should feel expansive, not limited to 52 Earths and should be really explored in DC's main ongoing series.

With that in mind, I'd borrow the concept of the Metaverse, making it Earth-1 again.
    Earth-1 would be the place where super-heroes debuted not too long ago. As far as regular people are concerned, its history is basically the same as our own, up to the point where Superman first surfaced, 10 or 15 years ago.
    After that, the whole metahuman boom started, Batman became more than a legend, Wonder Woman appeared and so on.
    Everything would have happened similarly to Post-Crisis continuity, with the exception of the JSA being incorporated to this Earth.
    I'd want to keep most classic runs as intact as possible.

Important points about my Earth's 1:
    - Batman would be the same, without the compressed timeline.
    - Superman would keep his pre-Flashpoint continuity. He'd be married to Lois and have Jon, who'd still be no more than 10.
    - Wonder Woman's origin would be the same Perez established, but her arrival on Men's World would have happened around the time of Superman's debut. She'd keep the status of JL founder and Donna Troy would be her adopted mortal sister, granted power by the Titans of Myth.
    - The Flash (Barry Allen) died during the first Crisis and only returned after Final Crisis. Wally would keep his entire story and would still be the main Flash of Earth 1, while Barry's return would have lead him to patrol the Multiverse as Flash Prime, alongside the multiversal Justice League (Justice Incarnate).
    - The Green Lanterns would be the same. Currently, Hal would be off-world acting as the Guardians' top agent; John and Guy would be the protectors of Sector 2814 (John would be on the League); Kyle would be working undercover on the Vega system and Jessica would be alongside the JLOdissey, protecting galaxies outside the GLC's jurisdiction.
    - The Justice League would have been founded by the classic Big 7. The Satellite era, JLI and Morrison's run would all be pretty much canon. The current team would be the same as the one from Snyder's run, with the added history (and Vixen).
    - Titans would have started with the Fab 5 as teen sidekicks, but NTT still happened and so did Devin Grayson's run. Sins of Youth would be ignored. In the present, Titans would be about the further evolution of Dick's generation. They'd be long past living on the JL's shadows and would instead be using all their knowledge and experience to act as a more proactive superteam to match JL's reactive stance.
    - PAD's Young Justice is canon and the team never became Teen Titans. They's still be in their teens, acting as the next generation of the Justice League but slowly growing into their own distinct identities. The Supersons would still be kids.
    - Outsiders would have become independent from Batman a long while ago. They'd be a highly capable unit operating outside the influence of other superteams and organizations to handle threats the world can't even know exist. The current team would be Katana, Black Lightning, Metamorpho, Sister Superior etc.
    - Checkmate would be the DCU's "S.H.I.E.L.D." and keep the structure established by Rucka, with new kings and queens in the leadership and a new Global Guardians on their payroll.
    - Booster & BB would have founded their own team of "heroes for hire" years after the JLI disbanded: Super Powers. Infinite Crisis didn't happen quite like that and this team would be the regular citizen's fastest way of getting super-hero help. Members would be Element Woman, Beast Boy, Shazam etc.

Now for Earth 2. This Earth would be extremely important and would cross over a lot with the main Earth.
    Unlike Earth 1, Superman debuted during the 30s and the JSA was the first superteam, helping stop WWII. This early metahuman ascension lead to dramatic changes in history, so E2's society is very unlike the one from E1.
    The world would be a lot more fantastic and futuristic, but we wouldn't know exactly how that affected the 21st century yet, because Earth 1's present would be synced with Earth's 2 1980s.
    This would mean the first generation of heroes would still be mostly alive, but their legacies would be growing in power and prominence.

Important points about my Earth's 2:
    - Earth's 2 Trinity would have their pre-COIE origins, with a few twists.
    - Earth's 2 pre-COIE history would be the same up to 1986.
    - Alan Scott, Jay and Ted would still be active in the present, mentoring the younger generation (Stargirl, Cyclone, Atom Smasher etc)
    - A version of Johns' JSA happened, during a time when the barriers between the two Earths were more fragile. All major JSA/JLA team-ups involved interdimensional travelling and both teams are very close despite their different realities.
    - Power Girl and Huntress would be big deals. No one would become the new "Superman" or "Batman" of Earth-2.

Other important Earths would be Earth 3, Earth X, the Wildstorm Universe, the Beyond Universe, Legacy Earth (where all the 90s heroes graduated to their mentors' roles) etc.

This would mean ongoings for:

- Earth-2 (about that world's history up to the present)
    - JSA
    - Power Girl and Huntress
    - Flash Prime
    - Justice Incarnate
    - The Authority (WS)
    Yeah, this sounds similar to mine.

I would definitely use pre-COIE as a basis with either COIE never happening at all or the Earths just not merging after it, and seeing how the DCU would evolve from there.

For my "headcanons"
    Superman: Pre-COIE Earth-1 as the basis: dead Kents once he reaches adulthood, childhood friendship turned sour with Lex, Lex is a full blown mad supervillain scientist and never an evil businessman, Brainiac is from Colu and originally has his green-skinned form before graduating to his full robotic 80s form, adventures with the Legion of Superheroes, Supergirl is Kara Zor-El, Kandor, Krypto, etc. He'd be at Golden Age power levels to start and gradually increase, and wear the t-shirt and jeans early on. Would start off as a rougher social justice crusader but matures and shows more restraint when getting older, wiser and more powerful. Goes on to die and come back and marry Lois, and have a son. Kara would be the only Supergirl and come back after being killed in COIE. Either that, or Matrix and/or Linda are her legacies, but she's never banished from the canon.

Batman: Easiest to work with because he's been the most consistent. Like Earth-1, he was raised by Phillip Wayne and didn't meet Alfred until adulthood, he and Dick did all the weird shit they did in the Black Casebook for real, Joe Chill is known to have killed his parents, he and Superman are maybe wary of each other at first but are no bullshit BFFs in the present, etc. The full Bat-Family could exist if so desired. And a lot of elements from BTAS would be worked in, especially the characterizations for a lot of the characters who were in it and stuff like Bruce and Harvey Dent being friends.

Wonder Woman: A mixture of Marston, Perez and Rebirth. The Amazons would base their religion around Aphrodite and Athena, loving submission, clay birth, technologically advanced. Perez's Amazon cast is used alongside other faces like Mala, Io and Althea. Diana wins the Contest and becomes Wonder Woman, takes Steve back to Man's World where her core supporting cast is him, Etta and the Holliday Girls, Phil Darnell, Ferdinand, Myndi Mayer and Barbara Minerva (maybe call her Priscilla Rich?). She cannot fly initially and relies on the Swan Plane, but gains Superman style flight after a few years. Julia Kapatelis is brought in to replace Barbara/Priscilla as head of the Black Room when the latter is cursed into becoming the Cheetah (via manipulations from Cale and Ares's sons). Diana and Julia teach at Holliday College. Donna is Diana's adopted younger sister, a mortal orphan delivered to the island by Aphrodite, who leaves the island shortly after Diana to become Wonder Girl. She interacts heavily with Vanessa Kapatelis and her circle of friends. When Themyscira can be accessed again, the main tribe and the Bana go to war with each other before merging and creating the Jimenez version of Themyscira. In the later years, Helena Sandsmark could be brought in as a colleague to Julia and this is how Cassie is introduced.

The Flash: Basically the same, with Wally becoming the Flash after COIE. But instead of being on a merged Earth, it would be Earth-1 and Wally would interact with Jay, Max and Jessie through crossovers with Earth-2. Barry would never be resurrected, or if he is never erase Wally and his family from continuity.

Green Lantern: Leave this one largely the same

Shazam: Is on Earth-5/S, but Darla, Eugene and Pedro are in place of the original Lt. Marvels. And Mary is Billy's twin, she is not older than him.

JSA: Happened as it originally did, with Earth-2 having its own version of the Trinity. They just don't receive a lot of focus, with Power Girl, Huntress, Robin and the Fury getting focus on the second generation of the JSA. The likes of Michael Holt, Stargirl, Atom-Smasher, Cyclone etc. all reside here.

I had another idea about how to deal with the JSA and incorporate most of their Post-COIE history to my Earth-1 without all the problems that their WWII origin cause.
    I know many like their Great War connection, but in a sliding timeline, it's not manageable for long, especially considering the characters' families.

With that in mind, I'd go for a thematic connection to WWII.
    The JSA's origin would still be tied to the threat of a great war and the ascension of fascism, but I'd have that happen 30 years ago, when Baron Blitzkrieg took possession of the Spear of Destiny to try and succeed where his idol failed.
    America would assemble a team of mystery men (the JSA) to contain Blitzkrieg before his plans truly lead to a new war.
    The JSA would succeed, but fearing public perception and manipulated by Per Degaton, the government would demand they revealed their identities if they wanted their efforts to be made public. This would cause the team to disband not long afterwards and most of them to retire.
    It would only be after the Justice League's debut (15+ years later) that the JSA heroes would resurface.

This retcon would allow for pretty much all of Johns's run to have happened without much fixing. It would also make it a lot easier to explain how the original JSAers can still be active and their kids can be the same age as the Titans generation.

If this all happend on Earth-1, it would also leave Earth-2 open to really explore what an Earth where heroes took part in major historical events would look like

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

A mix of everything that makes sense and not insulting, starting with the highest selling or critically acclaimed, which I'll get back to you later after I actually read everything

Boisterously Confused

My favorite DC era probably spans 1980-the onset of Crisis, followed closely by the first few years of the Post-Crisis era.

"My DC Universe", however, is a realm where the multiverse never went away, where a New DC continuity is the Main Earth, and what we knew as Earth-1 taking on the role that Earth-2 held Pre-Crisis. In that DCMU, the New Earth was a cold boot, similar to (but better executed than) the Nu52, and it largely ignores the passage of time. Earth-1's superhero history began "roughly 30 years ago," and slides forward in time as we go, with the "newer characters" (Firestorm/Vixen) and the former proteges being the main characters there these days. Earth-2 still exists, with Infinity, Inc. and its immortals (i.e. Dr. Fate) being its most prominent characters, but we see it only sporadically, and time seems to pass there at a much slower rate than E-Main or E-1. E2 is perpetually in the late 1980s, and E1 always seems roughly concurrent with E-Main's time period.

Astonishing Member

I'd take aspects from the different eras of comics, cartoons, TV shows and movies and use what I liked the most.

For certain franchises can I just list the characters I have an idea of what I want and then post later?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    1935 to present
    For real, this though.

Theres good runs to be found in ever era.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cyborg being happy about his cybernetics at first

Barbara Wilson

Scorch surviving and joining the Justice League

Hawkeye still being an honorary Justice League member
    Last edited by Falcon16; 06-08-2019 at 03:28 PM.