Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Your DC universe...

Using the entire history of DC Comics...

What would your DC universe be?

Spectacular Member

Mine would be 1987-1990.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

1977-1984

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

1935 to present

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    1935 to present
    How dare you come into a comic book discussion with inclusivity and a positive demeanor, sir. You offend me!

This was my answer as well. At any given moment, there was always something cool to read and the history of the DCU was what drew me in all those years ago.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

If you don't mind a different take on the question....
    my favorite DC Universe would be one Superman title, one Lois, one Jimmy; one Batman title, unless Detective could be an Actual Detective comic featuring the Batman, one JLA title, one Legion title, and so on.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Better than what DC is giving us these days.

(Last time I felt this tired of DC was in 1995, when I gave up regular comic book buying/reading for about fifteen years.)

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    If you don't mind a different take on the question....
    my favorite DC Universe would be one Superman title, one Lois, one Jimmy; one Batman title, unless Detective could be an Actual Detective comic featuring the Batman, one JLA title, one Legion title, and so on.
    My desire is similar, but instead of title counts, I'd do more separation of franchises and limit the "universe-wide" storylines. The love we have for team-ups is made more powerful when we're teaming up characters that are loved and have fans. So Superman does his thing, Batman does his, Wonder Woman does hers. My DC universe wouldn't spend all its time trying to fit the peices into a big overreaching story, but instead, work to find something that would fit the pieces together.

And a JSA Earth 2. Obviously.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    1977-1984

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Same, though with a sprinkle of some later stuff added in. Basically characters and concepts created by my favorite authors (Gaiman and Vertigo in general, Morrison, Johns, Rucka, etc.).

So like Bronze Age Bat-verse but with Damian and Kate Kane added in, Wally West as the new Flash but teaming up with speedsters on Earth-2, Earth-2 JSA but with a lot of elements from the Johns run added in, a Super marriage with the pre-Crisis history, Vertigo/Young Animal Doom Patrol, etc.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    1935 to present
    I 100% agree.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

1975-1994.

(Edited to change '1977' to '1975' and make it an even 20 years.
    Basically, from the end of the 100-Page Super Spectaculars (April 1975) to the start of Zero Hour (Sept 1994).)

But with some changes-

Earth-2 wouldn't be destroyed in Crisis and Infinity Inc joined the JSA.

Earth-2's Superman and Lois Lane would still leave the universe at the end of Crisis.

Barry wouldn't have died in Crisis. He would have retired into the future with Iris. Wally would still become Flash.

Huntress, Kole and Robin wouldn't have died in Crisis.

Wonder Woman would still have devolved into clay, but would've returned in a new body with her memories restored.

Supergirl would be saved by Brainiac 5, who would use time-travel to snatch her just before she's killed, takes her to the future and clones her, then sends her clone back to die in her place. (If it worked for Wally.) She would then be stuck in the 30th/31st Century and everyone in the present would still think she's dead.

Steel and Vibe don't die in JLA. They both do get seriously hurt, though. Steel's grandfather makes 'improvements' to him making him more machine. Gypsy and Vibe decide to retire from super-heroing.

The Satellite League then reforms keeping Vixen and adding the heroes from JLI over the next several years.
    Dr. Fate still becomes a member, but is explained as being stuck on Earth-1 for some reason and then his departure shortly after would be due to him returning to Earth-2.

Power Girl would join JLA (at the time she would've joined the JLE). She moves to Earth-1 just after she stopped appearing in Infinity Inc.

Huntress would also move to Earth-1 for a while to help with Barbara's recovery after Killing Joke. She joins the JLA during this time.

Both Power Girl and Huntress would return to Earth-2 to rejoin the JSA at some point.

Black Canary would go to Earth-2 at some point and join the JSA.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 06-01-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Same, though with a sprinkle of some later stuff added in. Basically characters and concepts created by my favorite authors (Gaiman and Vertigo in general, Morrison, Johns, Rucka, etc.).

So like Bronze Age Bat-verse but with Damian and Kate Kane added in, Wally West as the new Flash but teaming up with speedsters on Earth-2, Earth-2 JSA but with a lot of elements from the Johns run added in, a Super marriage with the pre-Crisis history, Vertigo/Young Animal Doom Patrol, etc.
    This all sounds ideal.
    I'll probably post my detailed wishes later, but everything you mentioned is great.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love it all!

I would have liked the post-Crisis universe never had been interrupted by Flashpoint. I often wonder where the storylines would be at now. Who would be on JLA? Would Dick Grayson still be s second Batman? Would we have gotten that Speedforce title? What titles would have came out of Brightest Day? Firestorm? Hawkman? The possibilities would hVe been endless.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    I would have liked the post-Crisis universe never had been interrupted by Flashpoint. I often wonder where the storylines would be at now. Who would be on JLA? Would Dick Grayson still be s second Batman? Would we have gotten that Speedforce title? What titles would have came out of Brightest Day? Firestorm? Hawkman? The possibilities would hVe been endless.
    Bruce Wayne would be Batman! The current Hawkman title is fun!