Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Annihilation takes the prize every time, for its sheer epic scope.
    Secret Wars 2015 is my favourite superhero event.
    Civil War for its importance to Marvel history both in universe and in publishing history.

I have a soft spot for a couple of less loved events. I loved AvX when most seemed to find it cynical. I loved the way it developed and its non-straightforward, messy resolutions. I loved Fear Itself, again for its scope and its final battle.

Mighty Member

I loved the whole progression from Secret Invasion to Civil War to Siege. Dark Reign was fascinating. This is probably the time I was most invested in the MU as a whole.

Secret War by Hickman. Again I liked the progression of his FF stories into his Avengers series and Infinity into Secret War. I was super immersed into the whole thing. It felt so well thought out and planned yet also alive and dangerous.

Infinity Gauntlet completely inflamed my imagination when I first read it and I think it holds up today.

Acts of Vengeance has a fantastic idea but the writing is too old fashioned, safe and generic for me, even though I grew up reading it. I still have a soft spot for it, though.

Original Sin gets overlooked but I loved it. I guess it gets negativity for being sold as retconning things, but I think it added things more than it changed anything. Most of the specific changes were handled by the writers of the ongoing titles in any case so it's not fair to attach any negativity to the main series for those choices.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Annihilation takes the prize every time, for its sheer epic scope.
    Secret Wars 2015 is my favourite superhero event.
    Civil War for its importance to Marvel history both in universe and in publishing history.

I have a soft spot for a couple of less loved events. I loved AvX when most seemed to find it cynical. I loved the way it developed and its non-straightforward, messy resolutions. I loved Fear Itself, again for its scope and its final battle.
    I think both avx and fear are underated

Liked them both

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Ditto. Also...

Secret Wars 1 and 2
    Inferno
    Evolutionary War
    Infinity Gauntlet

Great times, great times.
    Yes!!! Especially Inferno and Evolutionary War. I always thought Evolutionary War doesn't get the respect it deserves. Especially the finale. What a great Avengers team.

Evolutionary War has an ALF tie-in. It's the best event of the 20th century.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

My 2 fave events are Annihilation and Age of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Annihilation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The two best Marvel has ever done are Annihilation and the original Age of Apocalypse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Mutant Massacre
    Annihilation
    Secret Wars (Hickman)
    Fall of the Mutants
    Infinity
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Messiah Complex
    Age of Apocalypse
    Second Coming
    World War Hulk

Not necessarily in that order.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Hard to pick one, original secret wars when I read it I loved but imo it's showing its age to an extent

Annialation was excellent

Infinity gauntlet was astounding and remains the one I enjoy to reread the most
    Been meaning to post about this for a while. Annihilation would have been one of my favorites. The series rejuvenated the cosmic corner of the Marvel universe by (no pun intended) bringing it down to Earth. A lot of Marvel cosmic beforehand was Silver Surfer, Celestials, Eternity, and Adam Warlock stuff. All of that is great, but the concepts can be very out there. Shifting focus to characters like Nova and Star-Lord made the cosmic corner relatable. There was still a touch of the epic with these cosmic empires and Annihilus.

What soured me for so many years on Annihilation was what happened with Quasar. Galactus going all out, Nova ripping out the guts of Annihilus, Ronan standing tall in front of the Kree, that last issue had a lot of great moments. One expected Wendell's return as Quasar to be among them. But no, the Quantum Bands ended up on a totally new character. That bummed me out. Now, though Wendell has returned as Quasar, my perspectives might change. But that feeling of disappoint is still there.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."