Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amazons: DC could be foreshadowing a new Female team

20190601_210411.jpg
    20190601_210256.jpg

Could DC be secretly putting together a female team of heroes. I was reading Batman: Last Knight on Earth and Batman runs into a group of female heroes calling themselves the Amazons. The group is made of Wonder Woman, Vixen, Poison Ivy, Supergirl and I think Donna Troy. At first I didn't think anything about it, till i remember these are the same ladies, Wonder Woman calls the New Amazons in Justice League #20.

A coincidence maybe...but I like the idea.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-02-2019 at 06:00 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

It's probably then related to Snyder's run on Justice League. It's can be a new WW related book since Bateditorial lost that portfolio to the Superbooks, which Snyder doesn't have much contact with.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-01-2019 at 07:09 PM.

The team was actually brought up in Justice League and I wouldn't be shocked if DC is throwing out hints.

I would love to see Vixen and Poison Ivy interacting.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I'm down if thats the case
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

That would be an awesome team. Would love to see it happen. Maybe get Gail Simone to write it.

Her recreating the Amazons with other female characters is a cool idea.

I want it. Please gods of storytelling, make it so!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I imagine this is more some cute gag about a future we won't see (like in Justice League of America #0 by Meltzer where Hal Jordan got married), I'm absolutely onboard with that idea.

There would be some overlap with other teams, obviously, but who cares. Do it, DC.

I think it's probably just Snyder liking those characters appearing together, with no pitches or solid plans yet. But I wouldn't say no to that team-up. Poison Ivy needs every chance she can to get away from the shadows of Gotham, Supergirl needs to get more connections that aren't already tied to Superman, Vixen needs every chance of exposure she can get, and Donna just needs more good old-fashioned stories that doesn't wreck her backstory even more.

It would also complement a relaunched Birds of Prey title rather well, with "Amazons" (or whatever it ends up being called) occupying the high end with JL-level threats, and Birds of Prey being street level.

Now, if Snyder is the right person to write it is another question.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

If this does happen I would love to see Starfire, Mera and Zatanna join.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    a group of female heroes calling themselves the Amazons. The group is made of Wonder Woman, Vixen, Poison Ivy, Supergirl and I think Donna Troy. At first I didn't think anything about it, till i remember these are the same ladies, Wonder Woman calls the New Amazons in Justice League #20.

A coincidence maybe...but I like the idea.
    Ooh, that's a pretty hard hitting team! While I love the classic Birds of Prey, they were generally pretty street level, with the Black Canary's canary cry being the only real 'super-power' the original three have, so this group would operate on an entirely different level, with powerhouses like Wonder Woman and Supergirl at the top end, and even deceptive levels of power (Vixen, Poison Ivy) at the 'low end.'

Starfire, Mera and Zatanna would indeed add some variety and visual dynamics (since quite a few of the current line up are flying tanks like Diana, Donna, Karen and, kinda/sorta, Mari.) Kory and Donna back together on a team again, and maybe rekindling their great friendship (reboots and retcons about them not knowing each other or no longer sharing that history together being more or less ignored), would be neat.

Nightshade, of the old Charlton Heroes, could make a decent addition, as well. Or Big Barda (although she's yet another physical powerhouse, and I wouldn't want to overload the team with them, as it makes them individually harder to write big moments for).

Or Jessica Cruz, although I'm leery of going too far in the Lady Justice League direction and having a Batwoman, a lady Lantern and a female Flash (and if I was going to introduce yet another Lantern to a team, it would surely not be yet another Green Lantern, when there are six other colors going without team representation)...

I'd skip Killer Frost, since Poison Ivy already has her vines wrapped around the coveted 'former rogue / redeemed criminal' niche (although it suits Diana's history to give second chances to former foes, as she did with Baroness von Gunther), but Green Fury/Fire and Ice(maiden) could be fun alternates, and, again, visually dynamic, at least as guest stars or temporary recruits, if not core 'Amazons.'

I love the idea of an Amazons book starring heavy hitter DC females.

Wonder Woman leading the likes of Vixen, Hawkgirl, Jessica Cruz, Zatanna, Mera, and Supergirl would be cool to see.

Then, as others suggested, you can have Birds of Prey, Black Canary leading the likes of Batgirl, Huntress, Katana, Lady Blackhawk, Tarantula...etc

Power house team and street level team.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

I'm down with it anything to get more Vixen.

Shoot, I forgot Black Canary.

Maybe throw in Doctor Light as the brains of the team.