Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

When Reed comforts a suicidal man to his death.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Watching Kitty and Jubilee deal with the impending death of Illyana.

When Jubliee gave Yana her Bamf doll, I lost it.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The entire freakin abomination that Joe Quesada should apologize for that is Spider Man 1 More Day.
    That has plot holes that Galactus could walk through along with all the Celestial.

Spider Man not having to make a deal with Mephisto a freakin Devil except does to save Aunt May all because of the lameass writing contrivance that is bush league to sacrifice their marriage so Aunt May could live and not respecting her wish to die.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    you ain't sh!t if this page of Generation neXt #4 didn't make you feel some type of way.....made my lil 12yr old ass cry lol
    I remember that. Colossus was extremely tough on them, but it was tough love, and you could see how broken he was when he couldn't save them.

I couldn't find any images of the actual scene, but the death of Nathan Lubensky in Amazing Spider-Man #336, with Aunt May holding him as he died, was absolutely heartbreaking:

Nathan: "I've left you with with nothing."
    May: "No, silly, you've given me...everything."

There was also the scene in ASM #315 where he went to buy the newspaper and a chocolate bar, but succumbed to his gambling addiction that he was trying to quit, and bought a dozen lottery tickets also. The final image of that scene, where he's all alone and hanging his head in sadness and shame, is crushing.
    Last edited by Venomous Mask; 06-15-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    When Reed comforts a suicidal man to his death.
    Do you have pictures? I seem to half remember this.

This from The Ultimates was always very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post

Where is this from?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Where is this from?
    Action Comics 583, part 2 of Alan Moore's great "Whatever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow." It was the last appearance of the Pre-Crisis Superman, and almost all of his support continuity, before Byrne's reboot took over.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 06-16-2019 at 02:43 PM.

There's one that came to mind for me, but it's from a cartoon rather than a comic book and it made me cry but not in a sad way. It's the final scene from the Justice League episode "The Savage Time." Wonder Woman visits the VA home, walks out onto the porch where an elderly Steve Trevor is sitting. He turns and sees her and says that one word, "Angel." Gets me every time.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There's one that came to mind for me, but it's from a cartoon rather than a comic book and it made me cry but not in a sad way. It's the final scene from the Justice League episode "The Savage Time." Wonder Woman visits the VA home, walks out onto the porch where an elderly Steve Trevor is sitting. He turns and sees her and says that one word, "Angel." Gets me every time.
    That's a good answer. IMO, that was a beautiful way to acknowledge WW's heritage within the context of the Timm-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’ll start with this one from Y: The Last Man. Possibly my all time saddest moment in comics.

This one hit me hard. I had to stop reading for a bit because I was afraid of getting the pages wet.

Fantastic Member

Aunt May's death in Spider-Man #400, and Noyozeka's death in the manga Alice19th. There are more but those two stick with me.

Boisterously Confused

Another that really stirred me...
    Image.jpg
    ...I think this was the first of its kind in comics. After more than a year of developing Swordsman as the hapless Avenger, trying his best, but never quite measuring up, he goes out feeling a failure, and not understanding how he'd more than achieved his aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Watching Kitty and Jubilee deal with the impending death of Illyana.
    When Jubliee gave Yana her Bamf doll, I lost it.
    My first X-comic. Not a punch or optic blast in sight, just a well-crafted and moving story.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Just read the ending of Sweet Tooth by Lemire. Very emotional and sad ending.