Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I can't remember the issue or the name of the character but it was a story of Grimjack that focused on his pet lizard or whatever it was. It's been years since I read it but it had something to do with how he lost his family and how he ended up being an alcoholic. I remember asking myself why I felt so bad for a fictitious character.
    ^^^I remember that.
    Man I felt like **** after reading that.

I have pretty special relationship w. Superboy, his comic got me through a rough patch in my life, so his death hit me pretty hard.
    His final words though, were perfectly in character, perfectly Conner...:

Generally, I consider the saddest moment in comics to be whenever they announce that Jason Aaron is going to be writing a title that I like. But, yeah, this one has always stayed with me:

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Another that really stirred me...
    Attachment 83587
    ...I think this was the first of its kind in comics. After more than a year of developing Swordsman as the hapless Avenger, trying his best, but never quite measuring up, he goes out feeling a failure, and not understanding how he'd more than achieved his aspirations.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"