Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Right because Kitty and X-23's inclusion was completely organic and didn't feel at all forced or unnatural.
    As Laura goes, I don't think there was anything necessarily forced or unnatural about HOW she ended up in the book, though I'd certainly like to see it eventually shown how she went from that rescue/medevac chopper at the end of Arena, to being tortured by Purifiers which led to her wandering Miami in a temporary-amnesiac state for Kitty and the O5 to rescue her in the first place. The only thing "unnatural" about her in ANXM so far seems to be Bendis trying to excuse how badly he writes her voice as being the result of some sort of PTSD personality shift brought on by Murderworld (y'know, because it's not like she wasn't already classic PTSD before that whole mess started in the first place or anything).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I buy Kitty's inclusion. I get why she's there even if the delivery was off. She wanted to honor Xavier. And during BOTM, she was upset that the others wouldn't act on faith as Xavier had taught them to.

X-23 is totally random.
    She also couldn't hack it as headmistress. She should thank Hank for giving her the perfect exit strategy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    at the same time bendis is respecting the past
    Sorry, I disagree. Nostalgia-core isn't respect for the past. It's a commercialization of the past. These are the husks that merely physically resemble the original characters. Saying that he's respecting the past is like saying that a Spider-Man fruit pie ad is respecting Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

I call this team the KL05, for Kitty + Laura + the 05, since Laura isn't actually one of the original time traveling x-men.

P.s., love this team. I'm not a fan of Laura (I don't know much about her but I'm open to her growing on me), but kitty taking the young xmen under her wing is just so awesome to see, especially after THEY were the mature grown ups back in the day who took her under THEIR wing.

I just love the whole concept.

I wonder if anyone else is getting changes on their powers, just like Jean Did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I call this team the KL05, for Kitty + Laura + the 05, since Laura isn't actually one of the original time traveling x-men.

P.s., love this team. I'm not a fan of Laura (I don't know much about her but I'm open to her growing on me), but kitty taking the young xmen under her wing is just so awesome to see, especially after THEY were the mature grown ups back in the day who took her under THEIR wing.

I just love the whole concept.
    Kitty didn't interact with any of the 05 all that much. She briefly encountered Jean in her first appearance, but for the most part she was Jean's replacement on the team. Cyclops was her only contact with the 05. It was Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Stevie Hunter, Colossus, etc., who took Kitty under their wing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dum_dum View Post
    Does Kitty know Jean mindwiped her parents on their first encounter ?
    I don't know whether Cyclops or Xavier ever even confronted Jean about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dum_dum View Post
    Aren't Scott & Ororo the only ones that noticed ? I can hardly believe Storm would miss an occasion to be judgmental...
    I found it. Jean needed everyone to hurry up so they could get to brunch.

I don't know what's more terrible: the mindwipe or her being so casual about it.

Anyway, I like Laura, I'm still hoping for her some kind of progression, somewhere, down the line...
    Angel being the only responsible member of the squad, despite suffering severe psychic assaults from his former crush is also something I can admire.

I'm expecting a lot more from the others though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Right because Kitty and X-23's inclusion was completely organic and didn't feel at all forced or unnatural.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's my biggest problem too. I don't mind a book about the O5. I love the O5. But a lot of what X-23 and especially Kitty have done doesn't feel all that natural.

Sums up my feelings completely!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's my biggest problem too. I don't mind a book about the O5. I love the O5. But a lot of what X-23 and especially Kitty have done doesn't feel all that natural.
    Agree.

For me, this is a really difficult group to have sympathetic leanings towards, given the way the story has been told.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I buy Kitty's inclusion. I get why she's there even if the delivery was off. She wanted to honor Xavier. And during BOTM, she was upset that the others wouldn't act on faith as Xavier had taught them to.

X-23 is totally random.
    She's a teenage wolverine who can also function as a love interest for multiple characters. Everything Bendis needs rolled into one!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    She's a teenage wolverine who can also function as a love interest for multiple characters. Everything Bendis needs rolled into one!
    Sadly, I feel like this sums up the reason for Laura's inclusion. If he only got her voice, it might be at least a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Sadly, I feel like this sums up the reason for Laura's inclusion. If he only got her voice, it might be at least a little different.
    There's also the sloppy "Murderworld changed her" excuse which I'm guessing will be used to explain every inconsistency now...

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    There's also the sloppy "Murderworld changed her" excuse which I'm guessing will be used to explain every inconsistency now...
    I'm still waiting for a logical explanation on why the O5 can't go back and why it's a good idea to have them on active duty...I wonder if Murderworld somehow explains that, too?