Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I found it. Jean needed everyone to hurry up so they could get to brunch.

She was his favorite student for a reason. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    She was his favorite student for a reason. lol
    she did do that to young angel to

Come to think of it, shouldn't Xavier have perceived his mind ?
    In the old days, anytime a mutant - a bad mutant at that ! - was showing up in the city, he could feel it somehow. Wouldn't it be even more the case if the bad mutant showed up near his own back yard ?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Indeed that was the intended message. While everyone, including Jean, had worried about the growing Phoenix power there wasn't a lot to be said because until this point she hadn't really done anything wrong. But after this stunt it expanded into the part of DPS that was supposed to be scary: not only that one of the good guys could go so bad, that it was the team's resident "nice girl" to boot.
    Spiraling down evilness...Poor Jean.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    Well at least it's original.
    It's not...

She looks like Terra Branford in her esper form (from Final Fantasy VI)

FF6EsperTerraSprites.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamelt View Post
    It's not...

FF6EsperTerraSprites.PNG
    Lol, played through FFVI recently and noticed this too.

But I still don't quite understand what's 'new' about this power.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    Lol, played through FFVI recently and noticed this too.

But I still don't quite understand what's 'new' about this power.
    The new for her powers are that she's was able to siphon off other people's mental/psychic energy using her telepathy in order to boost the power of her telekinesis. The more people she can siphon from the stronger her TK becomes.

It just hit me what if x-23 isn't a 06 what
    If its Raze

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    The new for her powers are that she's was able to siphon off other people's mental/psychic energy using her telepathy in order to boost the power of her telekinesis. The more people she can siphon from the stronger her TK becomes.
    Seems dumb given Jean's limitless teke potential anyway. Is this an infinity times infinity thing? Is Bendis letting his kids write the book again or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamelt View Post
    It's not...

FF6EsperTerraSprites.PNG
    Soon it'll be revealed that she's the cross breed of a human and inhuman or something.

Oh dear god no just leave jean a powerful mutant. Is jean beyond omega now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    That was far more succinctly explained that I could have managed it!

I like it as a new development a lot. With adult Jean so much of the writing focused on her struggling to control a different entity and its potentially limitless power for good or evil - which was good stuff, but this makes Jeen the fulcrum of the possible problem. It's not to do with what the Phoenix Force was in some past issue and wasn't in that one. It's that she has it within herself to boost her TK just by using the energies of others and it's for her to control it and choose whether or not she's prepared to use people as psychic batteries for her powers or not. Making Future!Jeen on her throne of living flesh something that would have been that version of Jeen's choice, not the PF having a bad day after being attacked or manipulated.

I like that it puts the power back in Jeen's hands but also the onus on her if things go wrong. Looking forward to where Bendis goes with this and whether Jeen is going to go bad on the way to going good or vice versa or if Professor Kitty is going to be able to save this Jeen from becoming Xorna Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    That was far more succinctly explained that I could have managed it!

I like it as a new development a lot. With adult Jean so much of the writing focused on her struggling to control a different entity and its potentially limitless power for good or evil - which was good stuff, but this makes Jeen the fulcrum of the possible problem. It's not to do with what the Phoenix Force was in some past issue and wasn't in that one. It's that she has it within herself to boost her TK just by using the energies of others and it's for her to control it and choose whether or not she's prepared to use people as psychic batteries for her powers or not. Making Future!Jeen on her throne of living flesh something that would have been that version of Jeen's choice, not the PF having a bad day after being attacked or manipulated.

I like that it puts the power back in Jeen's hands but also the onus on her if things go wrong. Looking forward to where Bendis goes with this and whether Jeen is going to go bad on the way to going good or vice versa or if Professor Kitty is going to be able to save this Jeen from becoming Xorna Jean.
    I wonder if bendis will start messing with angels powers like he's healing powers or maybe make him more like a killer

Looking forward to Angel getting some much needed focus. Idk if I care for another darker version of him but I guess beggars can't be choosers now. Angel needs a boast one way or another.

In the original stan and jack run wasn't angel like second in command of the 05