Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Did Endgame turned the god of thunder into the god of jobbers?

One of the reasons why i think Infinity War is the better movie of the two.

Loved Thor's arc spanning from Ragnarok to Infinity War to Endgame. INCLUDING Endgame. I have no complaints and certainly don't think they turned him into a loser.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Thor didn’t job once in Endgame so no, he wasn’t the god of jobbers.

Character arcs with highs and lows are more important than feat showcases.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The bit started off good but quickly got old.

But I doubt the move was made for people really to be into on going(future films). It was done mostly to tear him down to build up other characters. A poor man's story crafting that Marvel has mastered over the last couple of years.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-02-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

No. He's lost his Mother, Father, Brother, best friends, kingdom, and half his people prior to Endgame, he's barely holding on through Infinity War then has the chance to at least get revenge/stop Thanos and fails. When he does kill Thanos in Endgame it's a hollow victory and he's lost his purpose, though through Endgame he regains it. There's no jobbing here, unless you count not beating Thanos by himself as jobbing (in which case everyone's a jobber).

Besides, of the heroes he had arguably the absolute best showings in Infinity War, got to spread the love around.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 06-02-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

As much as I dislike the use of Thor in endgame I don't think he jobbed

Is he weaker, of course, but he's still the best warrior on that field imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    No. He's lost his Mother, Father, Brother, best friends, kingdom, and half his people prior to Endgame, he's barely holding on through Infinity War then has the chance to at least get revenge/stop Thanos and fails. When he does kill Thanos in Endgame it's a hollow victory and he's lost his purpose, though through Endgame he regains it. There's no jobbing here, unless you count not beating Thanos by himself as jobbing (in which case everyone's a jobber).

Besides, of the heroes he had arguably the absolute best showings in Infinity War, got to spread the love around.
    The problem is that Thor's issues are treated like a joke and none of the Avengers supported him.

Also he ditched New Asgard to be with the Douchebags of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Character arcs with highs and lows are more important than feat showcases.
    Except he already had a character arc, and if you want to show a character going through a crisis, don't make silly jokes out of him. No one in real life makes fun of people going through depression. And a character like the Mighty Thor should never be treated like a comic relief.

I'm completely dreading what Gunn Is gonna do to Thor in GOTG 3.

Extraordinary Member

No one can beat Vision as the Jobber King under the Infinity War/Endgame team.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean it wasn't the most flattering portrayal. I do feel like the Russo's kind of wrote themselves into a corner with how powerful they had Stormbreaker!Thor at the end of Infinity War so he had to be hard nerf'd or the stakes for Endgame wouldn't be believable. On that same notion, I think that's the reason "Professor Hulk" was made a thing off-screen; because a fully powered Thor, Hulk, and Captain Marvel would've been overly broken for that final battle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Aww bless. Precious Thor got picked on by his friends for looking a bit like The Big L. How awful for him. I bet he jumped on social media and complained about it then went and sulked. No? After a heart felt chat with his dead mother he learned that he shouldn’t be so hard on himself? Then discovered he was still worthy and stood beside his friends against a formidable foe? Oh ok then.

I bet they miraculously made him thin and handsome when he picked up the hammer, just to underline the body shaming message. No? He looked fat and yet still badass? Hmm, so what was the problem exactly? Something about cheese? Nope, move along nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Except he already had a character arc, and if you want to show a character going through a crisis, don't make silly jokes out of him. No one in real life makes fun of people going through depression. And a character like the Mighty Thor should never be treated like a comic relief.

I'm completely dreading what Gunn Is gonna do to Thor in GOTG 3.
    Already having a character arc does not mean a main character shouldn't have another, and when you have character in several different stories then they have to have highs and lows. The logical result of Thor losing everything, blaming himself for screwing up and costing the Avengers the win at the end, and then finally getting his vengeance and having it be pointless and hollow is him hitting a low point. Yes, they tweak it into a Lebowski joke, but they've made jokes out of every bad situation to lighten the mood. No character is so high and sacred that they can't be the subject of humor, especially when universe buster Thanos is the subject of quips. The other Avengers aren't giving Thor pep talks, but this is after a 5-year timeskip where he clearly did not want help, therefore could not get it. The best thing they could do for him was find him some new purpose, which they did. It took a speech from someone way too close to his heart to get him back on his feet. So yes, he hit his low point, but he went high again and was very impressive, and the arc had a nice message about individual worth and identity. They told a story about the character, and it's not his last one.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Personally, I don't think so as Infinity War is when Thor got to shine, especially at the end of the movie.

However, I did not like what they did to his character in Endgame. It was done for laughs, to be sure, but it felt like a joke that went on too long.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Not Endgame or since it usually comes up Ragnarok created Thor as comic relief in the MCU Jane hit him twice with her car in his first film and there was the whole at it funny he doesn't know how Earth society works gags. Fact is the general audience responses best to Thor with comedic elements much like Drax in Guardians.

Thor had a story arc in Endgame and had some cool moments. Also to compare the "abandoning his people" thing Thor left New Asgard with Valkyrie in charge who he trusted and was also already defacto leader of Asgard for 5 years. While Dark World took Thor more serious yet ended the same him leaving his people but instead of a trusted friend being left in charge he fell for another Loki lie IMO that's worse.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-02-2019 at 03:57 PM.