Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    [B]....Issue 9:This issue fouses on Babs, Harley, Booster, Ted, Wally and Black Orchid attempting to save Ivy and potentially Nemesis. Ivy explains how she's alive. They then go to find Nemesis. Wally tries to talk to him. Nemesis explains what happened. He's angry and ashamed with himself. He plans to kill himself as the final part of his plan. Ultimately, they take Nemesis back into the Sanctuary and wait for the League to arrive (don't worry, Harley gets to knee him in the groin in this version). Nemesis is arrested and taken to prison. While he reflects on his actions, he gets a visitor: Amanda Waller. After a conversation of sorts, Waller does what she needed to do: she shoots him dead.

Both the first five pages and the last five pages of the issue are dedicated to confessions.

Pg. 1: Jason Blood (Inner Demons), Guardian (Doubt), Firestorm (His entire situation), Guy Gardner (Self-loathing), Mademoiselle Marie (No reason to live), Black Lightning (Expectations), Dove (Hawk), Aquagirl (Titans Tomorrow - Fear), Red Robin (The other Robins)

Pg. 2: Frankenstein ("I'm Rotting"), June Robbins (Self-Doubt, Challengers), Vixen (Doesn't really know what to say), Will Magnus (Platinum), Nightwing (Other Robins), Jaime Reyes (Being forced to do something), Orphan (), Supergirl (Krypton), Hal Jordan (What is Will)

Pg. 3: Red Hood (The other Robins), Martian Manhunter (Suffering of others), Katana (Mortality), Vibe (S.T.A.R Labs, Death/JLA, Boom Tubes)*, Mera (Ocean), Mr. Terrific ([Whatever he said in the book]), Detective Chimp (Poop Jokes), Zatanna (Evil), Metamorpho (Origin Story)

Pg. 4: Sideways (His Mother), Dr. Light (Identity Crisis, Arthur Light), Robin (He says he's fine), Aquaman (His Mother), Fire (Ice), Ice (Fire), Kyle Rayner (Religous Doubt), Cyborg (His Father), Question (Understanding limitations,desire)

Pg. 5: Beast Boy (Terra), Jessica Cruz (Escapism), Adam Strange (Lack of belonging), Red Tornado (Family), Spoiler (Being forgotten), Catwoman (meow), Captain Atom (Sanctuary Safety), Raven (Her Father), Spectre (Suffering)

Pg. 6: Anarky (Freedom, Anger, Growing up), Bunker (Sexuality, Mexico, N.O.W.H.E.R.E), Frost (S.T.A.R Labs, Killer Frost, JLA)*, Gypsy (Loss, Death, Captivity), Rip Hunter (Time, Family), Shining Knight (Guilt, Being "out of time"), Negative Man (Oolong Island, Doom Patrol), Agent Liberty (Sons of Liberty, Dying), Mikkal Tomas (Starman Legacy, Sexuality, Cry for Justice)

Pg. 7: Firehawk (Firestorm, Secrets), Maya (JL, Dying, India), Stargirl (S.T.R.I.P.E.S, JLU), Static (Dakota, Meta-Bang), Wonder Girl (Crime, Young Justice), Young Justice, Hawk (Don, Monarch, Dying), Hawkman (Death, Reincarnation, Lost Friends and Family), Kon-El (N.O.W.H.E.R.E, Cadmus, Lex, Young Justice), Caitlin Fairchild (N.O.W.H.E.R.E, Gen13, Superboy)

Pg. 8: Icon (Racial conflict, Rocket), Rocket (Racism, Being a teenage mother), Grifter (Dead family, Daemonites), Midnighter (Stormwatch, Sexuality, Jenny Quarx), Apollo (Stormwatch, Sexuality, Jenny), Linda Danvers (Earth-born Angel, Matrix, Hell), Aqualad (Homophobia, Black Manta), Barry Allen (His Mother, Dying, Iris), White Canary (Dying, Time)*

Pg. 9: Impulse (Death, Injury, Bar-Torr), Ray (Freedom Fighters, Memory Loss), Atom (Jean, Identity Crisis), Elongated Man (Sue, Identity Crisis), Sue Dibny (Nearly dying/Identity Crisis), Lilith (Mr. Twister, Harvest), Deathstroke (His Kids, .HI.V.E), Deadman (Dying, death in general), Bizarro (being a clone of Superman)

Pg. 10: Ted Grant (The whloe 9- lives thing. Watching your friends die or disappear), Flamebird (Robin, Infinite Crisis), Nightshade (Suicide Squad), Captain Marvel (His Parents), Animal Man (Existential Doubt), Iris West (Death and Loss), Lois Lane (Clark, Dying, Jon), Lady Quark (Origins/Crisis), Geo-Force (Markovia)

*Adapted from or based off of CW
    I think you're being too loose and freewheeling with all the characters you're trying to include in the confession scenes. You've included Milestone characters who haven't appeared since McDuffie was writing the JLofA (and does DC even still have the rights to use them?), Wildstorm characters who haven't appeared since the early days of the New 52 and who in general just don't fit tonally in any DCU, at least one Golden Ager (Ted Grant) who still is in Limbo along with the rest of the JSA, a character (Linda Danvers) who was declared ret-conned out of existence before even Infinite Crisis when they re-introduced a Kryptonian Supergirl, and a bunch of characters and status quos from the Arrow-verse that simply do not exist in the comics (nor are they ever going to). Something like this is absolutely the wrong place to try to sneak them into the comics.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

The point is to simply include a ton of recognizable characters. Due to him being neccesary in continuity, Ted Grant works for the same reasons Jim Corrigan does. The Milestone characters still belong to DC and haven't been used in years. As they are popular on Young Justice and had comoics that adressed many real-world issues in the 90s, I thought that they would actually have a reason for being at the Sanctuary. Arrowverse characters and status-quos are merely retcons to c-listers who have gained some popularity on the tv shows. Nods to media appearences that make their characters more usable. Linda Danvers still existed after IC. She retired and later wound up in Hell, where she had some adventures with Dr. Occult at some point. I simply state that she wound up at Sanctuary some point after that. The DCU is diverse and has room for all of these characters, who share one thing in common: mental and emotional trauma.
    Last edited by Gero4568; 06-04-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    it would be nice to have the flash family to help Wally without judging him but then it will have to be revealed that they know that Wally was manipulated into this moment by hunter and 'crisis' whoever it might be. it is somewhat reminiscent of iris crossing back across time to save barry during the trial of flash storyline except that the entire flash family is involved this time.
    I agree. It would take the Flash Family to right this horrible wrong. Jay in particular would need to be part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    . . . The Milestone characters still belong to DC and haven't been used in years...
    I thought DC still retained the licensing rights, not out-and-out ownership of Milestone characters.

And I thought Milestone Media had their own share of legal issues at one point regarding the estate of Dwayne McDuffie and the original agreements from when Milestone Media was first formed?

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought DC still retained the licensing rights, not out-and-out ownership of Milestone characters.

And I thought Milestone Media had their own share of legal issues at one point regarding the estate of Dwayne McDuffie and the original agreements from when Milestone Media was first formed?
    Currently, Milestone is in DC's hands. Dwayne McDuffie's widow is currently suing DC over being excluded from the New Milestone which never came to fruition. DC still controls Milestone in both comics and television. For now.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    it would be nice to have the flash family to help Wally without judging him but then it will have to be revealed that they know that Wally was manipulated into this moment by hunter and 'crisis' whoever it might be. it is somewhat reminiscent of iris crossing back across time to save barry during the trial of flash storyline except that the entire flash family is involved this time.
    I hope and pray Jay is part of his repair. I agree, the Flash Family has to help make this right. Please let them make this right!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Easy fix.
    DC announces:
    December 2019
    #1 Flash Family

Preview

Page 1
    Scene

Wally and Linda seen lying in bed. It's EARLY morning.
    Wally awakes with a jolt and turns the bedside lamp on.
    Linda turns half asleep and squinting.
    Linda: "Wally?"
    Wally: "Linda!! I had the WORST nightmare!"

And away we go....
    This.

On a slightly related note, I want a similar situation to the Super family thing, but that's something else.

Anyway, HiC is a mess. I'd change it to actually exploring the institution while running. Not see it for first time after a massacre happened.