Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Sanctuary is a good idea but let's start by hiring actual therapist

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    1. No VR or AI at Sanctuary. Its operated by Martian Manhunter, other heroes with psychic abilities(the only ones I can think of right now are Lilith and Ms. Martian) and trained psychiatrists.

2. Sanctuary exists to help traumatized heroes and rehabilitate villains.

3. Instead of an overarching plot, each issue would focus on a different character(patient or staff). If there has to be an overarching plot, I don't know what it would be. All I know is that it wouldn't involve any of the crap that happened during HiC.
    I second this.

I'd just wanted a series called Sanctuary that was a case of the week/anthology about different heroes and a few villains getting treatment.

Astonishing Member

Wally's Speed Force kills a bunch of titans. But he goes back and fixes it. Because Booster Gold pulls off that crap every week and Booster is a freaking imbecile.

Actually strangely enough ... while HiC gets the rap as being a character assassination of Wally in particular and others in general ... mostly it just reads like a big eff you to Abnett's entire Titans run. This isn't to say that's the intent specifically. But that's a run where you know ... after DCU Rebirth, Wally came back ... where Gnarrk came back into the picture ... where Roy and everybody were starting to remember their pre-Flashpoint stuff (IE; Wally specifically). I mean who survives Tom King unscathed? Donna, Lilith and Garth, yeah? Mal and Karen because the internet would freak out.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This was my main problem with the book. It just seemed so irresponsible for the justice league to do this.Didn't they reopen it without a license or therapist in the final issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I hear Hugo Strange has some openings in his schedule.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Wally's Speed Force kills a bunch of titans. But he goes back and fixes it. Because Booster Gold pulls off that crap every week and Booster is a freaking imbecile.
    Booster hasn't been an imbecile for years. Johns especially & Jurgens turned him into a fantastic hero who's big tragedy is that no one (except for Batgod) will ever know what he sacrificed to save the time stream over and over and over again. Then Tom King came along and turned him into an imbecile again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Yeah, I heard he's a model for mental health.
    Harley's there too. You can never have enough people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Hugo Strange is a crazy loser, hire Lilith. Her schedule is always open.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Let's fix it: Heroes in Crisis
    By "fix", do you mean neutering it so it can no longer spawn / reproduce?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can't we just burn it with fire?
    All 9 issues or are we trade waiting?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    All 9 issues or are we trade waiting?
    Didn't buy any of the individual issues myself, and I'm certainly not "trade waiting".

I have zero desire to ever read / own it in any form, but that's just me.

Didn't King say in an interview that for this story he started to research mental health, only to stop because what he was learning wasn't meshing with the direction he knew he was going to go in? Shouldn't he be getting called out on that?

Someone make a deal with Mephisto please!

BANNED

or flashpoint 2

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    or flashpoint 2
    To fix it prospectively?

*Last we saw, Jay Garrick was stuck in the Speedforce and was unable to escape (remember?)
    *From the Speedforce, he saw what happened with Wally and crew
    *Jay reaches out to Wally in jail, and Wally, realizing who he is and in despair, reaches out to grab Jay's hand, but instead of Jay being pulled into the world ….
    *Wally is pulled into the speedforce
    *"What are you doing Jay?"
    *I'm going to fix all this. The world needs hope and I will not let this "new" messed up metaverse kill that hope, my boy. Follow me!"
    *Together they start speeding back in time, back to where Wally is about to enter into Sanctuary. "Jay, that world is depressing, and I don't want to mess up the world like Barry did with Flashpoint."
    *"Wally, that was not Barry. That was someone else and poor Barry has been thinking it was his fault all along. That person is responsible for trapping me here, and that mess of a world. We're going to make things right."
    *They keep running until suddenly, Jay yells "Stop" and there in front of them is a group of people - Jai, Iris, Linda, Joan, Jesse Quick, and Max Mercury. Wally is dumbfounded. He gasps, cries, and asks "how?"
    *"During that Convergence event a couple of years ago, I could only watch from the speedforce, but one day in despair I reached out for Joan and found she could see me, and although I couldn't leave, I could pull her in. It was then I realized I could do the same for your family, Wally, and even Max and Jesse! I couldn't free them, but I figured at least in the speedforce, they'd be safe until we could figure out how to correct that horrible world out there."
    **"Wait, if you could save them, could we save everyone that I killed in that horrible Heroes and Crisis miniseries?"
    *"I don't know. Maybe?"
    *"Dad! Wally!" With that his family hugged him and kissed him, and Wally suddenly had hope again.
    *Max walked up and said "I couldn't help but overhear. I have an idea of how to save all of them, Wally, but it's going to take everyone here working together."

(Well, what do you think? )