Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #19 preview

Hi all;

It looks like Uncanny X-Men #19 preview has come out and Emma Frost is going to be the star:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...annyxmen19.htm

Looks interesting. I thought the Vanisher was dead? I might have missed when he came back. He was pretty cool in one of the versions of X-force.

Yep, we get to see Emma fighting in a black evening dress, I am down for this. It also looks like she is working as a sort of anti-hero trying to help mutants in secret and probably prepare for her eventual war with the O.N.E., Project Wideawake, and the US Government to stop them from detaining, experimenting, and killing mutants.

What if it's like Rosenberg's Punisher? Where the book is wack as HECK for one to three issues, and then just nuts out a banger of an issue before repeating the cycle. But since this is double shipping, the gap between bangers can be even longer.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think we have our answer why she erased her existence from everyone's mind. The O.N.E. actually targeted her a while back, before Cyclops had even returned and before the X-Men disappeared. They must have considered her one of the top threats and tried to take Emma down before they went after the X-Men themselves. So now it makes sense why she went to ground and wiped any memory of her from everyone, she was target number 1 for the O.N.E.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think we have our answer why she erased her existence from everyone's mind. The O.N.E. actually targeted her a while back, before Cyclops had even returned and before the X-Men disappeared. They must have considered her one of the top threats and tried to take Emma down before they went after the X-Men themselves. So now it makes sense why she went to ground and wiped any memory of her from everyone, she was target number 1 for the O.N.E.
    Issue is... how did she erase herself from Scott while he was dead? Unless she did it sometime between Wi-Fi bringing him back but before the current events.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Issue is... how did she erase herself from Scott while he was dead? Unless she did it sometime between Wi-Fi bringing him back but before the current events.
    She might be doing it ongoing, and she probably has her own Cerebro, or she raided the X-Men mansion after the X-Men disappeared and took all the tech before the Government could get their hands on it. Honestly I would have done that if I were her. With all the X-Men gone, I would have sent a team into the X-Mansion and deleted every single piece of data in that place. It was inevitable the Government would take it all so the only solution would be to get in first and leave a scorched earth for them to find.

It was obviously Emma who dropped the hints to Logan on where to find the New Mutants to save them. I think Emma has been lining up targets for Scott for a while now, helping him do his list from behind the scenes. I imagine that is why Sinister allowed himself to be captured, Emma has gone so deep underground that the only way he can move against her is to be turned over to Captain America (Mystique) and taken to Emma's Hellfire detention facility.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    She might be doing it ongoing, and she probably has her own Cerebro, or she raided the X-Men mansion after the X-Men disappeared and took all the tech before the Government could get their hands on it. Honestly I would have done that if I were her. With all the X-Men gone, I would have sent a team into the X-Mansion and deleted every single piece of data in that place. It was inevitable the Government would take it all so the only solution would be to get in first and leave a scorched earth for them to find.

It was obviously Emma who dropped the hints to Logan on where to find the New Mutants to save them. I think Emma has been lining up targets for Scott for a while now, helping him do his list from behind the scenes. I imagine that is why Sinister allowed himself to be captured, Emma has gone so deep underground that the only way he can move against her is to be turned over to Captain America (Mystique) and taken to Emma's Hellfire detention facility.
    She does have her own portable Cerebra, as well as anti-Cerebra tech on her safehouses.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It probably took place while Scott was already alive.

It seems at least Emma might be getting pretty good treatment, to some extent.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I’m actually really excited for this issue.

also hearts for Emma being concerned about her “student”

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Looks interesting. I thought the Vanisher was dead? I might have missed when he came back. He was pretty cool in one of the versions of X-force.
    He came back to life in 2012 with no explanation (the good old "we forgot he was dead so now he is alive and that's it")

BANNED

Took us long enough for an Emma-focused issue, but I'm happy it's here.

This is fine quality bait. Answers and something crazy on the horizon. Curses.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Place your bets on who's dying this issue below.