Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Imagine if the only thing Scott and Logan were doing in Uncanny is buying time for Wi-Fi to rescue Rachel Summers.
    Is that on his radar? I haven't followed the X-Force book he's featured in. Is that on his agenda? Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is that on his radar? I haven't followed the X-Force book he's featured in. Is that on his agenda? Rachel?
    Yes, Wi-Fi is trying to rescue Rachel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I read those lines -- her "better than" posturing -- and I read it with all the vulnerability and emotion that Emma is prone to hiding. She's a leader. A king now. She runs the Hellfire Club and she has to maintain an image. Emma's always maintained a carefully crafted, hardened image and this is no different, imho. Making statements like these to Vanisher or all people, in my mind, doesn't undercut or insult her time AS an X-Woman. She's fronting.
    This is the kind of thing that thought bubbles, or narration boxes that were not tied to a specific character, were great at helping tell those parts of the story.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Imagine if the only thing Scott and Logan were doing in Uncanny is buying time for Wi-Fi to rescue Rachel Summers.
    There is no way that if either of them knew she was still hounded or enslaved they would idly sit and wait for Wi-Fi to rescue her. Scott would have dropped everything to save her. Wi-Fi was strategic in letting him think she dies with the rest of the X-Men so Scott could go down this path.

Yes, Wi-Fi is trying to rescue Rachel.
    And he's doing a bang-up job at it.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 06-04-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is the kind of thing that thought bubbles, or narration boxes that were not tied to a specific character, were great at helping tell those parts of the story.
    Ah the Claremont days. Brimming with internal thought(s).

Alternatively, we can surmise such considerations from the years and years of storytelling and character building ;-)

I do think that it was a bit of a front in a way. As soon as she realized it was Dani and Karma for real she was visibly upset and all her bluster washed away instantly. She cares about them and seeing them turned into drones by their enemy shocked Emma. That's why I think she goes into hiding, it's not because she was scared, she declared war on the O.N.E. and went underground to do it.

Comic Geek in General

Plus maybe WFi needs Rachel as a beacon booster to find the rest of the X-Men (both his telepathy, plus Rachel’s to Link with his father to act as a beacon for the missing team members to home on on).......he’s from the future, he may have knowledge on what happened, but history says different to what he wants to go down......

Or if Nate is the Pocket Universe (like Franklin Richards’ ball during the time of Heroes Reborn), Either breaching the wall one way or the other would have results......though I’m not sure if a simple scalpel would do the trick on their end, one might need Franklin, Stark, T’Challa, Shaman, Dr Nemesis, Guardian, other big minds available (as Hank is over in the AU, Hank Pym is Ultron, this may be beyond Spider-Man’s level of expertise, though that didn’t stop him from being involved in Heroes Return......)

Or am I going to wild in this theory.....maybe Cable only knew the historic records, and had to make sure events played out according to the history books (the X-Men are presumed dead for a few months, his father and Wolverine play a hand in finding them or at least make the future safer, and ONE is possibly dismantled at the end, if my theory of its current director being someone else holds)

Back on the topic of the preview for Uncanny X-Men #19 plz
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Similar to myself, it seems that Emma will greatly derail General Calabapkin's plans.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

I'm curious why there's three Pencilers here. I had been putting together a Penciler/artist page count list to post on the thread for issue 22 but this may confound the process.

To Twitter for answers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    I'm curious why there's three Pencilers here. I had been putting together a Penciler/artist page count list to post on the thread for issue 22 but this may confound the process.

To Twitter for answers!
    Check on the 5 inkers while you are at it. But my guess is that you just need to get the issues done and on schedule with Hickman coming anyway.

Check on the 5 inkers while you are at it. But my guess is that you just need to get the issues done and on schedule with Hickman coming anyway.
    Yeah, I think they had a 2 week schedule for the entire run since January. 19 this week, 2 weeks we get 20, 2 weeks after we get 21 and it ends.

From what I can guess we are going to get is X-Men + Hellfire Club vs Dark Beast + Sinister + O.N.E. I have a feeling that is how they are going to wrap the story up in the next 3 issues. I might be wrong on where Dark Beast fits in on this, but I think he is going to use his research on the TO-virus to cause problems. I think Sinister wants to kill Emma, and I think the O.N.E. wants to kill the X-Men and Emma both. Whether the 3 bads (Dark Beast, Sinister, O.N.E.) are working together or not is up in the air, I wouldn't be surprised if they are connected to each other in some way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I think they had a 2 week schedule for the entire run since January. 19 this week, 2 weeks we get 20, 2 weeks after we get 21 and it ends.

From what I can guess we are going to get is X-Men + Hellfire Club vs Dark Beast + Sinister + O.N.E. I have a feeling that is how they are going to wrap the story up in the next 3 issues. I might be wrong on where Dark Beast fits in on this, but I think he is going to use his research on the TO-virus to cause problems. I think Sinister wants to kill Emma, and I think the O.N.E. wants to kill the X-Men and Emma both. Whether the 3 bads (Dark Beast, Sinister, O.N.E.) are working together or not is up in the air, I wouldn't be surprised if they are connected to each other in some way.
    I almost forgot about the ONE, I don't think they have even been mentioned since #12? Obviously #19 will mention them, and maybe this will tie in to how Wolverine even knew about them having prisoner's (when he came across grunts in #11 he was told they didn't take prisoners.)

I almost forgot about the ONE, I don't think they have even been mentioned since #12? Obviously #19 will mention them, and maybe this will tie in to how Wolverine even knew about them having prisoner's (when he came across grunts in #11 he was told they didn't take prisoners.)
    Read the preview on the first page again. Mind controlled Karma tells Emma that Emma is under arrest by orders of the O.N.E. fully spelled out. This takes place months ago.
    1. The O.N.E. attacked Emma prior to Dissassembled
    2. They used the controlled New Mutants to do it.
    3. I think Emma went underground and mindwiped the planet to hide herself so she could operate covertly. With the New Mutants compromised she couldn't be sure if she could trust anyone.
    4. I think Emma used one of her operatives to alert Logan to the location where the O.N.E. was holding the New Mutants and Alex.
    5. I think Emma and the HFC have been watching over Scott's group from a distance for a while. Hence why Emma sends Captain America (Mystique) to take the prisoners that Scott doesn't have the space to hold.
    6. In the meantime I think Emma and the HFC are engaging in a covert ops war with the O.N.E.

And we saw Logan kill some ONE soldiers during Wolfsbane’s funeral.