Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We all know why you love Schism, White. We see how Cyclops is written.

BANNED

He is right on the mark when he's talking about Decimation, a decision that the books arguably still haven't recovered from. His BotA answer was very candid too.

Please tell me that Bachalo is coming back. I'll even accept him being wasted on Ethan Sacks' Weapon Plus book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan White
    To me, having mutantkind reduced to 198 people means they are not a minority anymore, they are a statistical zero. Hating and fearing mutants goes from being small-minded to nonsensical–you will never meet one, there are less than 200 in the world. It would be like hating left-handed people from Europe with the middle name Stefan–there are probably a few out there, but wasting your time thinking about them is silly.
    Nitpicking but there weren’t only 198 mutants left, those were the only mutants that got catalogued. There were still an upwards of 300-400 mutants left. And the hate didn’t mostly come from regular citizens, it came mostly from Stryker and the Purifiers who felt that this was a sign from God that mutants weren’t the next step in evolution and needed to be exterminated and smaller numbers meant an easier job. In fact, humans still had roughly the same attitude towards mutants that they did pre-Decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nitpicking but there weren’t only 198 mutants left, those were the only mutants that got catalogued. There were still an upwards of 300-400 mutants left. And the hate didn’t mostly come from regular citizens, it came mostly from Stryker and the Purifiers who felt that this was a sign from God that mutants weren’t the next step in evolution and needed to be exterminated and smaller numbers meant an easier job. In fact, humans still had roughly the same attitude towards mutants that they did pre-Decimation.
    It is strange to read "There are so few that racism is not justified", as if before, well, there were so many mutants that one can explain that they hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is strange to read "There are so few that racism is not justified", as if before, well, there were so many mutants that one can explain that they hate them.
    Yeah, the ever growing population of mutants during Morrison and the expansion of mutant counterculture becoming mainstream culture was the whole reason they were becoming more accepted. The majority won’t stop hating the minority just because the minority gets....smaller. But I guess I wouldn’t expect him to understand exactly how racism operates.

Yeah, the ever growing population of mutants during Morrison and the expansion of mutant counterculture becoming mainstream culture was the whole reason they were becoming more accepted. The majority won’t stop hating the minority just because the minority gets....smaller. But I guess I wouldn’t expect him to understand exactly how racism operates.
    They aren't a minority at that point though. If there are only 300-400 worldwide, they're practically an endangered tribe. He's right that mutants are mostly irrelevant at that point. My old middle school had more people than that. They're a statistical irrelevancy

Deadpool teaser is new? Uncanny Deadpool is back? Would love him on X-Force or some X team. Would love to see more Gambit/Deadpool stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This Jean looks so good, I wonder from where this will be.
    Marvel Comics Presents, which is hitting the '90s this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Deadpool teaser is new? Uncanny Deadpool is back? Would love him on X-Force or some X team. Would love to see more Gambit/Deadpool stories.
    I think that's Salva Espin art from X-Tracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Looks like "Deadpool vs Silver Surfer" or something like that.

Agree with his thoughts on Decimation. Pretty interesting interview, I like reading his thoughts

Looking this way, Purifiers wanted to full exterminate mutants.

Decimation was a bad event. Then we had ivX with mutants at the risk of going extinct and now what is goin gon on Uncanny. This theme exhausted

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Decimation was a bad event. Then we had ivX with mutants at the risk of going extinct and now what is goin gon on Uncanny. This theme exhausted

Decimation should’ve happened years later instead of right when the status quo for Morrison was going places. But besides that, the event wasn’t written poorly. It did put mutantkind in a unique position that they weren’t really in before, even Fall of the Mutants and Mutant Massacre only affected specific mutant sects. IvX and Rosencanny trying to recreate that feeling without realizing why Decimation/Utopia/Messiah Trilogy was so receptive is their undoing, or at least for the former since Rosenberg’s run hasn’t ended yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

This really puts it into perspective. We've had this theme recurring 3 times in the past 10+ years and twice in the what 5 years?