Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,845

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,845

    Default




  3. #3
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    We all know why you love Schism, White. We see how Cyclops is written.

  4. #4
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    He is right on the mark when he's talking about Decimation, a decision that the books arguably still haven't recovered from. His BotA answer was very candid too.

    Please tell me that Bachalo is coming back. I'll even accept him being wasted on Ethan Sacks' Weapon Plus book.

  5. #5
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    This Jean looks so good, I wonder from where this will be.
    Ranking of favorite characters
    Phoenix/Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm

    These characters are not real and nobody loves each other for real. They will dump and love people even if it makes no sense just to for the sake of it.
    My ships: Jean/Scott, Wanda/Vision, Scott/Logan, Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Black Panther.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan White
    To me, having mutantkind reduced to 198 people means they are not a minority anymore, they are a statistical zero. Hating and fearing mutants goes from being small-minded to nonsensical–you will never meet one, there are less than 200 in the world. It would be like hating left-handed people from Europe with the middle name Stefan–there are probably a few out there, but wasting your time thinking about them is silly.
    Nitpicking but there weren’t only 198 mutants left, those were the only mutants that got catalogued. There were still an upwards of 300-400 mutants left. And the hate didn’t mostly come from regular citizens, it came mostly from Stryker and the Purifiers who felt that this was a sign from God that mutants weren’t the next step in evolution and needed to be exterminated and smaller numbers meant an easier job. In fact, humans still had roughly the same attitude towards mutants that they did pre-Decimation.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This Jean looks so good, I wonder from where this will be.
    I think that is from that Wolverine story in the current Marvel Comics Present.

    Also, i responded to your message, but your inbox is full.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-03-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nitpicking but there weren’t only 198 mutants left, those were the only mutants that got catalogued. There were still an upwards of 300-400 mutants left. And the hate didn’t mostly come from regular citizens, it came mostly from Stryker and the Purifiers who felt that this was a sign from God that mutants weren’t the next step in evolution and needed to be exterminated and smaller numbers meant an easier job. In fact, humans still had roughly the same attitude towards mutants that they did pre-Decimation.
    It is strange to read "There are so few that racism is not justified", as if before, well, there were so many mutants that one can explain that they hate them.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,835

    Default

    Deadpool teaser is new? Uncanny Deadpool is back? Would love him on X-Force or some X team. Would love to see more Gambit/Deadpool stories.

  10. #10
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This Jean looks so good, I wonder from where this will be.
    Marvel Comics Presents, which is hitting the '90s this month.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Deadpool teaser is new? Uncanny Deadpool is back? Would love him on X-Force or some X team. Would love to see more Gambit/Deadpool stories.
    I think that's Salva Espin art from X-Tracts.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Deadpool teaser is new? Uncanny Deadpool is back? Would love him on X-Force or some X team. Would love to see more Gambit/Deadpool stories.
    Looks like "Deadpool vs Silver Surfer" or something like that.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    Agree with his thoughts on Decimation. Pretty interesting interview, I like reading his thoughts
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is strange to read "There are so few that racism is not justified", as if before, well, there were so many mutants that one can explain that they hate them.
    Yeah, the ever growing population of mutants during Morrison and the expansion of mutant counterculture becoming mainstream culture was the whole reason they were becoming more accepted. The majority won’t stop hating the minority just because the minority gets....smaller. But I guess I wouldn’t expect him to understand exactly how racism operates.

  14. #14
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,085

    Default

    "If you put a story out that is just the X-MEN: X-TRAPOLATION mini-series, you can feel free to have the main characters be Cyclops, Storm and Boom-Boom."

    dOn'T tEaSe mE wItH tHiS!!!


    Much love and respect to our benevolent senior editor, JDW.
    Omega Level Rodent Fighter

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, the ever growing population of mutants during Morrison and the expansion of mutant counterculture becoming mainstream culture was the whole reason they were becoming more accepted. The majority won’t stop hating the minority just because the minority gets....smaller. But I guess I wouldn’t expect him to understand exactly how racism operates.
    They aren't a minority at that point though. If there are only 300-400 worldwide, they're practically an endangered tribe. He's right that mutants are mostly irrelevant at that point. My old middle school had more people than that. They're a statistical irrelevancy
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •