Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toon Battle

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For me, they are a decent bit faster than than post-crisis Clark, and I'm pretty sure that's board consensus. Not sure about Rebirth, though I haven't heard anyone trying to sell him as FTL or anything.

Their best stuff is ridiculous: cleaning an entire city spotless in a blink. That's a fair sight beyond Kal El, non-PC versions.
    Oh, I see you're getting at the PPG being FTL, which puts your other statement into context. Well, it's honestly been a while since I've seen that clip, but I don't remember it being timed as being done in a blink, exactly. Do you remember which episode that was in?

And other than that, their bests feats are stuff like running around the world, which is...very fast, but not massively FTL or anything. It's arguably slower than Post Crisis Clark. It's still fast enough to trivially blitz everyone in this fight, but yeah.

Besides, I have a hard time seeing them really hurt Clark, who is otherwise a dude that survives planets exploding or some such.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Oh, I see you're getting at the PPG being FTL, which puts your other statement into context. Well, it's honestly been a while since I've seen that clip, but I don't remember it being timed as being done in a blink, exactly. Do you remember which episode that was in?

And other than that, their bests feats are stuff like running around the world, which is...very fast, but not massively FTL or anything. It's arguably slower than Post Crisis Clark. It's still fast enough to trivially blitz everyone in this fight, but yeah.

Besides, I have a hard time seeing them really hurt Clark, who is otherwise a dude that survives planets exploding or some such.
    To clarify, I don't think that the PPG are massively FTL at all. They are lightspeed-ish, maybe somewhat plus, based on their best feats, and that's somewhat faster than post-crisis Supes.

The episode in question is one of the very first ones: the City is being overrun by bugs, the sky is full of them, the air is full of them, the surfaces of every building every everything is full of them. The girls are watching this, the three of them floating in the air. There is a poof, the girls are back flying there, the entire city is clean, everything has been shoved into a giant jar.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Monkey should be able to tank a PPG blitz, if he even gets blitzed. Dude should be a massive speedster himself. I can't remember any speed feats besides him flying though.

Disney Hercules could tank it too, if we hand wave him being as durable as he is strong. Of course his problem is that he doesn't even have peak human reaction so he'd never hit them.

Dexter robot probably survive a blitz too.

Didn't space ghost survive a black hole?

Team Dexter wins even without speed barring genie.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 06-05-2019 at 05:55 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Monkey should be able to tank a PPG blitz, if he even gets blitzed. Dude should be a massive speedster himself. I can't remember any speed feats besides him flying though.
    I mean despite everybody talking him up, he spent pretty much every fight in his show getting the crud kicked out of before he found some other way of winning.

It got blown up by a lot less than a giant mountain getting dropped on it, and barring PIS Dexter shouldn't be able to GET to his mech with the PPG trying to stop his team.

EDIT: Wait, they're on the same team. They're all on team Cartoon Network.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

for clarification purpose I have edited the op as the previous version was unclear and caused confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    To clarify, I don't think that the PPG are massively FTL at all. They are lightspeed-ish, maybe somewhat plus, based on their best feats, and that's somewhat faster than post-crisis Supes.
    Yeah, I'd peg them medium/high relativistic speeds, so not that far off either way.

Though I think post-crises Supes used to be in that ballpark as well, except much stronger and more durable.

The episode in question is one of the very first ones: the City is being overrun by bugs, the sky is full of them, the air is full of them, the surfaces of every building every everything is full of them. The girls are watching this, the three of them floating in the air. There is a poof, the girls are back flying there, the entire city is clean, everything has been shoved into a giant jar.
    Uhhm, this one?

That is not remotely approaching "the blink of an eye". In fact, we have no actual context for how long that actually took, or how much of it was just her "lightning fast" speed and how much of it was roaches magically getting swept into the jar (she didn't touch them either, based on the context).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Monkey's pretty strong and tough, but tanking a near lightspeed blitz is way too much.

But Monkey is also on the same team, so it hardly matters.

Dexter is also on the same team, but his effectiveness at the start of the fight depends on whether he's rocking the power armor or the giant mech. And it's definitely not surviving hits from the PPG by any stretch of imagination.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 06-05-2019 at 07:19 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    for clarification purpose I have edited the op as the previous version was unclear and caused confusion.
    line breaks between teams might help.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    line breaks between teams might help.
    done. think it's all clear now. however if anyone does want to speculate about friendly fire then they are free to do so.

For the sake of argument, if you take out the Powerpuff Girls, we're left with team 3 genie shenanigans trying to mess with Ben before he gets his Alien X stuff going and Dexter before he starts blowing up everything.

If you also take out Genie, then we're back to team 1 being just that ridiculously overpowered compared to everyone else.

Either way team 4, 5, and 7 are completely redundant, they have no ability to take out the other teams even if they had the chance to fight back, so I'm not bothering to factor them into this fight.

Going further with the "take some heavyweights off the scales and see how the rest weigh up" thing, if we also prevent Ben from accessing Alien X in addition to everything else...team 1 probably still wins, but He-Man (I think he's a moon mover in the cartoon?) might give them some trouble. Problem is, Dexter still has flight and range game that the other teams simply can't compare with, so it doesn't matter if other teams can technically match or exceed the stats of the giant robot. Monkey can also power up the Dexter Mech significantly, which makes it even stronger.

So if we take out Dexter as well, then it might actually be a balanced fight, or at least, I can't easily tell who would win since Team 2 has some really ancient characters whose feats both escape memory and are hard to search for.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 06-05-2019 at 08:06 AM.

I think Hercules (Assuming Disney) is actually the strongest guy here, followed by Krunk (He tossed that Godzilla expie pretty dang high) it won't be enough to avoid a blitz/bfr though.

Hannah Barberra needs Shazzan if they want to compete, though then it just be a stomp in that direction.

Edit: Forgot about He-Man

In regards to Ben 10, are we talking Original Continuity Ben or Reboot Ben? Because by the end of Omniverse Original Ben had a high-end reality warper at his beck and call in Alien X, meaning this basically comes down to Alien X vs. Genie.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Powerpuff girl strength feats that are consitent and better than the above durability?