Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default MCU Scarlet Witch vs MCU Ebony Maw

Seeing as MCU Wanda had Thanos on the ropes, how would she do against Ebony Maw?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maw dies before he finishes his monologue.

Seems like a quickdraw.

Neither one can block the other from a neck snap or just popping each other's heads off in mutually assured destruction.

I think this is the same as "Maw vs. Strange". I.e. Technically Strange was more powerful, but Maw kept on continuously interrupting him before he could get his better spells and effects off.

Wanda is a glass canon, and needs a bit of time to get her TK up and running. Maw gets his off with a thought. Quickdraw goes to Maw.

Does Maw have any feats using his TK directly on a person that I’m forgetting or are they all purely indirect (I.e. he uses his TK to hit people with stuff instead of attacking them with it directly). Because if he has no feats that suggest he can directly use his TK on organic substances than Wanda should win this fight ever single time without question.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Does Maw have any feats using his TK directly on a person that I’m forgetting or are they all purely indirect (I.e. he uses his TK to hit people with stuff instead of attacking them with it directly). Because if he has no feats that suggest he can directly use his TK on organic substances than Wanda should win this fight ever single time without question.
    The only one I can think of is when he shoved Cull aside in Infinity War. He doesn't have a problem manipulating organic material directly, I guess he just chooses not to.

At 1:10
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Maw’s level of offensive and defensive capabilities largely seem to depend on the environment he’s fighting in. Without any readily available projectiles, I’m not convinced he can kill Wanda before she puts him on his ass with a projectile, AoE attack or environmental manipulation.

So if you leave them in the arena than I feel Wanda wins but if you put them somewhere else than it becomes more complicated.

Maw’s level of offensive and defensive capabilities largely seem to depend on the environment he’s fighting in. Without any readily available projectiles, I’m not convinced he can kill Wanda before she puts him on his ass with a projectile, AoE attack or environmental manipulation.

So if you leave them in the arena than I feel Wanda wins but if you put them somewhere else than it becomes more complicated.
    He's able to shove aside Cull Obsidian directly in that fight (with force that moves a parked car), no projectiles necessary. That should be more than enough to kill or incapacitate the human-durability Wanda at the bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    He's able to shove aside Cull Obsidian directly in that fight (with force that moves a parked car), no projectiles necessary. That should be more than enough to kill or incapacitate the human-durability Wanda at the bell.
    The only example of him doing something like that is when Cull was in close proximity. Since he never does something like that again, I have to assume that particular use of his ability has some sort of range limit otherwise he would’ve used it more often.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The only example of him doing something like that is when Cull was in close proximity. Since he never does something like that again, I have to assume that particular use of his ability has some sort of range limit otherwise he would’ve used it more often.
    To be fair, he only had two notable fight scenes, and he showed that capability in one of them. I feel comfortable saying that moving organic material is well within his means.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

In Endgame Maw had the chance to grab the gauntlet, though instead of actually levitating the gauntlet to him he raises the ground up for some reason. What do you make of that?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    In Endgame Maw had the chance to grab the gauntlet, though instead of actually levitating the gauntlet to him he raises the ground up for some reason. What do you make of that?
    People had the chance to do many things in Endgame. Wasp could have shrunk the gauntlet; Strange or any of the wizards could have opened portals between the gauntlet and the van, etc. That doesn't preclude any of their other feats shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I think this is the same as "Maw vs. Strange". I.e. Technically Strange was more powerful, but Maw kept on continuously interrupting him before he could get his better spells and effects off.

Wanda is a glass canon, and needs a bit of time to get her TK up and running. Maw gets his off with a thought. Quickdraw goes to Maw.
    That's how I see it as well. He's just plain faster than anyone who needs to do a little dance to get their effects off.

BANNED

Wanda: you took everything from me.
    Maw: *sealing her mouth with a piece of debris*
    shhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    To be fair, he only had two notable fight scenes, and he showed that capability in one of them. I feel comfortable saying that moving organic material is well within his means.
    For Maw though, it is astounding how often he doesnt show this ability when he really needed it. He immobilizes Strange with rods, not with tk. He grabs the flying unconscious strange with telephone poles and ****, but not with TK. He stops Spider-Man not with TK but with a thrown billboard. The cull and strange feats of levitating someone all come at close range so that range argument may have some legs.

Scarlet Witch also has TK but she's never shown to have this kind of limitations. If she needs to target a person she does target them, from up close and from a distance.

Edit: Or maybe Maw is just dumb as hell lmao, just TK the amulet off instead of using and burning your hands dummy.