Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    ^ Wanda's AoE affected things behind her.

I think Vader has been the only one to use TK over a TV monitor.
    There is some old sci fi novel where someone pulls that trick, but I don't remember the name of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    There is some old sci fi novel where someone pulls that trick, but I don't remember the name of it.
    It was also done in the Resident Evil movies. Wanna say Resident Evil 2.

She looks at a guy through a CCTV Camera, and his head asplode.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was also done in the Resident Evil movies. Wanna say Resident Evil 2.

She looks at a guy through a CCTV Camera, and his head asplode.
    Ya resident evil apocalypse my last favorite of the movies.

BANNED

Wanda wins since she caught an explosion after it began, meaning her tk operates on subsonic speeds

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Wanda wins since she caught an explosion after it began, meaning her tk operates on subsonic speeds
    Welcome to the forums!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    Thanks... It's good to be here

^ Wanda's AoE affected things behind her.

I think Vader has been the only one to use TK over a TV monitor.
    Snoke used it over hologram which is pretty similar lol

Seeing as MCU Wanda had Thanos on the ropes, how would she do against Ebony Maw?
    So it's basically the woman who had Thanos begging for mercy versus one of Thanos's intimidated minions. I think you answered your own question.
    Power with Girl is better.

Here's the way I see it. Wanda's upper limit seems far beyond Maw's, just look at how she lifted and threw Thanos' giant killer hamster wheels. Maw however has much better fine control, turning dozens of bricks into spikes. However the real difference comes in specific applications. Wanda can block and attack with her TK directly, Maw can't, he has to manipulate an object, like when he tried to shield himself with a car but one of his own brick spikes got through anyway, but Wanda makes actual barriers. As for a TK neck snap or something similar, defending against that is simple, Wands or Maw uses their own TK to hold their neck in place directly, you don't block the attack, you oppose it with equal force. But as Wanda has shown to be capable of greater force than Maw, she can overpower his defensive TK and crush him regardless.

As for Maw controlling organic matter, he gagged Thor rather than pinch his mouth shut. He used a platform to move Strange rather than lift him directly. And as for Cull, that doesn't necessarily kill the idea, Maw could have simply affected his clothing, not his body.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Here's the way I see it. Wanda's upper limit seems far beyond Maw's, just look at how she lifted and threw Thanos' giant killer hamster wheels. Maw however has much better fine control, turning dozens of bricks into spikes. However the real difference comes in specific applications. Wanda can block and attack with her TK directly, Maw can't, he has to manipulate an object, like when he tried to shield himself with a car but one of his own brick spikes got through anyway, but Wanda makes actual barriers. As for a TK neck snap or something similar, defending against that is simple, Wands or Maw uses their own TK to hold their neck in place directly, you don't block the attack, you oppose it with equal force. But as Wanda has shown to be capable of greater force than Maw, she can overpower his defensive TK and crush him regardless.

As for Maw controlling organic matter, he gagged Thor rather than pinch his mouth shut. He used a platform to move Strange rather than lift him directly. And as for Cull, that doesn't necessarily kill the idea, Maw could have simply affected his clothing, not his body.
    With nothing to go off of (narration or greater context as to the nature of his powers), I'm happy calling him being unable to affect organic matter as simple PIS. Artistic Licence on the character. Matter is matter.

Lots of PIS actually. Him needing the car as a shield for example. All those spikes were inorganic matter. He could have just grabbed or blocked them with TK equal to the force he tossed them with.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    With nothing to go off of (narration or greater context as to the nature of his powers), I'm happy calling him being unable to affect organic matter as simple PIS. Artistic Licence on the character. Matter is matter.

Lots of PIS actually. Him needing the car as a shield for example. All those spikes were inorganic matter. He could have just grabbed or blocked them with TK equal to the force he tossed them with.
    You tellin' me rocks is inorganic ? Tell that to the Thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Eh, I could see the argument for it either way. But Wanda can still neck-twist harder than Maw can neck-not-twist.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard