Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default My return to Limbo...

I'll be gone from the forums till late July at the earliest, so just in case anyone thinks I died or got hit by bus, don't worry, I'm still alive. It's just that I'm about to hit a sharp increase in my workload, which will bookend a long vacation during which my wife would no doubt not appreciate me checking my phone every 5 minutes so that I can chime in to some heated debate over Doiby Dickles's cup size

I will miss you all (yes, even you), and look forward to chatting with you all again in about two months.

In the meantime, if you need any help with the Doing Good Deeds in the Name of Wally West, please send me a direct message to my CBR profile which I will make sure to check every week or so. If you need help contacting CBR News, Newsarama, Bleeding Cool, and other geek-centric websites about these efforts, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I look forward to seeing what Wally fans come up with and I think the latest idea to help out William Messers-Loeb is a wonderful one that is worthy of everyone's time, money, and deserves any attention you can shine on it.

Ciao!
    220px-Phantom_Zone.jpg

Good luck with your workload! Enjoy your vacation .

Have fun!!!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Enjoy your vacation! You and your positivity will be missed.

Good luck and have a good vacation brother! Your positivity and thoughtfulness will be missed in the meantime.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Have a great vacation, Bored. You'll be missed around here.

BANNED

bye. don't forget to write occasionally.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Bored has disappeared into the Bored Force. Looks like I'll have to take over for a while.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I will miss you all (yes, even you)
    No, you won't, but thanks for saying so anyway.

Enjoy your vacation. o/
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Enjoy your vacation, see you soon!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Good luck and have a good vacation brother! Your positivity and thoughtfulness will be missed in the meantime.
    Co-sign!!!

Don't let the heavy workload stress you out, and enjoy the hell out of your vacation!
    WHO DAT?!!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

And I'm back. Perhaps not as much as I usually am, but my vacation is done and my workload is relatively light until my new classes start in late August, so I should be able to post somewhat regularly again.

So, what'd I miss?

Wally West has a new solo mini? Great! ...but done by a creative team I have no interest. Crap. I'll check out the first issue and see if they can salvage this mess.

The Legion of the Super-Heroes is back? Awesome! ...but it's yet another reboot in which everyone has a bad haircut. Eesh. Welp, at least it's inextricably linked to the Superman franchise from the beginning this time.

Vertigo is dead? Wasn't it already, but everything about it been spun off into their own imprints like Sandman Universe, Young Animal, or to other indie publishers like what happened with Second Coming?

Wonder Comics gets renewed? This is fantastic news. Naomi, Dial H For Hero, & Wonder Twins have all been great, fun, optimistic comics that virtually everyone on this board has been ignoring in favor of complaining endlessly about the comics they hate. Read these instead!

Event Leviathan has turned out to be the actual mystery comic I thought Heroes in Crisis was supposed to be? Cool!

The Walmart exclusive comics are finally available in comic shops? And they're amazing? Christmas has come early!

Anything else I missed?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

And I'm back. Perhaps not as much as I usually am, but my vacation is done and my workload is relatively light until my new classes start in late August, so I should be able to post somewhat regularly again.

So, what'd I miss?

Wally West has a new solo mini? Great! ...but done by a creative team I have no interest. Crap. I'll check out the first issue and see if they can salvage this mess.

The Legion of the Super-Heroes is back? Awesome! ...but it's yet another reboot in which everyone has a bad haircut. Eesh. Welp, at least it's inextricably linked to the Superman franchise from the beginning this time.

Vertigo is dead? Wasn't it already, but everything about it been spun off into their own imprints like Sandman Universe, Young Animal, or to other indie publishers like what happened with Second Coming?

Wonder Comics gets renewed? This is fantastic news. Naomi, Dial H For Hero, & Wonder Twins have all been great, fun, optimistic comics that virtually everyone on this board has been ignoring in favor of complaining endlessly about the comics they hate. Read these instead!

Event Leviathan has turned out to be the actual mystery comic I thought Heroes in Crisis was supposed to be? Cool!

The Walmart exclusive comics are finally available in comic shops? And they're amazing? Christmas has come early!

Anything else I missed?
    New Birds of Prey book, but Barbara isn't on the team and instead replaced by Harley Quinn. Written by Azzarello and drawn by Lupacchino. The crowd went mild.

But welcome back, dude. It's good to have you back.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Anything else I missed?
    Dan Didio said something today that mad Wally West fans angry. You know, business as usual.

PS: New Legion haircuts are MUCH better than classic Legion haircuts.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!